Looking for Integrated amplifier

kvandhi

I am looking for suitable Entry level Budget Integrated amplifier to match Scansonic S4 speakers. Pl find below spec of speakers and suggest me which amp is best.
Budget 15k to 20K for the Amplifier.

Technical information
Power handling: 100 W
Frequency range: 60-20,000Hz
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Impedance: 8 ohms (min. 4 ohms)

Even I am interested to try with Taga HTA-25B hybrid tube amplifier, But audition is big problem in chennai. Very limited review on Taga Tube amplifiers.
Looking for suggestions.

Pls visit D.S Audio store in Ritchie street.. They have Taga hybrid amplifier out there.. check if they provide audition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also suggest Norge, and taking into account the power handling capability of the Scansonic S4 speakers, I would suggest Norge 1000.
Again, Norge is perhaps the only budget amplifier, which many called as entry level, but in truth Norge amps can and do give a run to many a MNC brands.

As you are in Chennai, I would recommend you try Torvin in Mount Road. You would definately miss if you don't visit. Its heaven for pure music.
Thanks. I am not sure whether the budget amplifiers are there in Torvin. In AV expo i have audition Torvin Tube amps which is expensive ,but its pure musical experience.

Thanks. I am not sure whether the budget amplifiers are there in Torvin. In AV expo i have audition Torvin Tube amps which is expensive ,but its pure musical experience.
They do have stereo amps starting around 16-20k and beyond. They will suggest the best as per your soeaker configuration. I personally want a stereo amp for pure audio setup. Appreciated if you can share some reviews along with prices post your visit. I need to take time to travel from hyderabad to Chennai to audition Torvin.

I doubt whether Torvin has the required hi fidelity refinement in their solid state gear. I think Norge is much better.

I have received 2 suggestions from another AV store. Marantz 5005 , Yamaha RS 202.
Yamaha does not have a toroidal and is bright. Marantz PM5005 also does not have a toroidal transfomer, and could be underpowered, but audio quality wise is better than Yamaha. Again at half the cost of Marantz PM5005, it is much better to get a Norge which has more power and is at par with Marantz PM5005, or may be better than Marantz PM5005.

Last edited:
Technoguru.com - Rates are quite expensive compare to Hifimart.

Even Norge 1000 gold price equals to Marantz 5005 (Hifimart price) . For this price point, i can go for Marantz 5005 itself.

I thought Norge amplifiers are cheaper, but technoguru displays as bit expensive.

Technoguru.com - Rates are quite expensive compare to Hifimart.

Even Norge 1000 gold price equals to Marantz 5005 (Hifimart price) . For this price point, i can go for Marantz 5005 itself.

I thought Norge amplifiers are cheaper, but technoguru displays as bit expensive.
Just spoke to Norge Audio guys. The price they quoted is 13,500 +650 for shipping to Chennai. You have to call them and confirm. That is fantastic deal IMO.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back