Low cost streamer

Try the SONY SMP - N100 its available for under 4k with built in wireless

I had checked the specs of the product and it seemed to meet all my requirements. But, where is it available in India?

It is not listed on Sony India site. Amazon does not ship this particular product to India.

- Prasad.

I had checked the specs of the product and it seemed to meet all my requirements. But, where is it available in India?

It is not listed on Sony India site. Amazon does not ship this particular product to India.

- Prasad.
Try ebay geb. I doubt whether it will support hd audio.

Hi
My HDD is connected to my Asus player via USB, will it read the 5.1 recorded on the HD, (is the USB capable of carrying 5.1)?
Let know
Tks

USB has nothing got to do with 5.1. You will need to use the hdmi or coaxial or optical out of the player to get 5.1.

Try ebay geb. I doubt whether it will support hd audio.

USB has nothing got to do with 5.1. You will need to use the hdmi or coaxial or optical out of the player to get 5.1.

Asus player has HDMI which is connected to the AVR, but the HDisk is connected to the media player by USB so will the output be in 5.1 sound?

Asus player has HDMI which is connected to the AVR, but the HDisk is connected to the media player by USB so will the output be in 5.1 sound?

USB has nothing to do with 5.1 here. It will be just a port to read the media file you are trying to play.
If Asus can bitstream DTS/DD/DTS-HD/DD-THD etc, and the AVR can decode these, then you will get 5.1.

- Prasad.

I got mine recently from the US,
the price has been slashed to $79 and that's what made me procure it.

The good this is
Although its a US model it support 110/220 so it will work fine in India and the best part the Price :yahoo:

Now the tricky part how do u get it down to India
try borderlinx

I got mine recently from the US,
the price has been slashed to $79 and that's what made me procure it.

The good this is
Although its a US model it support 110/220 so it will work fine in India and the best part the Price :yahoo:

Now the tricky part how do u get it down to India
try borderlinx

I don't have a citi-card; so no borderlinx for me. I will try some other means.

Since you have the model, can you confirm the following to me:
- Does it play mkv files? This is not listed on their specs page
- Can it playback 720p, 1080i, 1080p(50/60/24) files

Thanks,
Prasad.

Hi Friends thanks info

Please suggest which is best one out of these 2 players.My usage is 30 % Streaming and 70% downloaded HD content on seagate 1 TB USB Drive.

a. WD TV Live Streaming Media Player - costs 99$
b. SONY SMP-N100 Costs 50$

Thanks in advance
Boyireddy

I am currently confused between a device witha hard drive or without (I already have a bunch of hard drives with stuff on it). My reasoning was that the player should be available with some stuff on it without having to conenct up other things to it first.

Beyond that does anyone have a comparo on the major streamer platforms?

WD Live, Xstreamer, Popcorn Hour, Measy?? Anything else.

I am currently confused between a device witha hard drive or without (I already have a bunch of hard drives with stuff on it). My reasoning was that the player should be available with some stuff on it without having to conenct up other things to it first.

Beyond that does anyone have a comparo on the major streamer platforms?

WD Live, Xstreamer, Popcorn Hour, Measy?? Anything else.

I would suggest to go for one without built in HDD unless that is easily detachable. This is because many a time if you want to copy external content like movies from another freind you would be better off carrying just the HDD to the friends place and hook it back again rather than carrying the entire player. So better go for a USB based HDD for easy portability.

- Prasad.

Thought i would comment, the SONY SMP - N100 device wouldnt be v.good for playing good quality music as it doesnt list support for any loss-less compresion format.
Wireless Internet Entertainment | Streaming Player with Wi-Fi | SMP-N100 | Sony USA

Yes it does not play FLAC. I have the Sony SNP N100 I bought it from the US a couple of months ago .
At the price point it is a decent player
I also have the JCMathew media player MP1100 which i got from Singapore a year ago. This media player however supports FLAC and almost every format I have thrown at it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back