Lucky Ali's new Album on LP?

denzong

guys i have got some good news you...esp for all you lucky ali fans

he is contemplating of coming up with a lp of his new album and also give some of his classics in a 2 records set :yahoo:

the new album is awesome with 11 tracks

just met him today and he has given me the task to finalize it.

now i need to know the momentum for the demand of his music which will help me find out the cost ratio to get in the medium or not.

i shall wait for your replies and if things are positive then we might just look into getting the vinyls release.

the tentative dates maybe a July release.

also if someone can help me with manufacturing leads

regards

Along with the Vinyl, I would suggest a DVD-audio release too priced around 250-300 these shall sell more than LP.

There are very few vinyl releases but they disappear soon from the stores. Just keep the cost around 600 . The cost of Jhootha Hi sahi was 600 and lagaan,etc are at 899.

I being a big fan of him, shall publicize the album for free on my websites :)

United Record Pressing - Your one stop record shop since 1949
This is link just to give you rough estimate of production of vinyl. Approx. 900 $ for 100 records (12 inches) with Plain inner sleeve and plain jacket cover. (jackets you can very well print here). you can send CD, Analogue tape of source music.

On a side note this could be a great profession for those who like music and vinyls and looking for new startups. An Indian production house who can take orders for vinyl pressing. I have even thought of record lable names:). Analog bliss, Raga Records, sound fountain, swara, Sur, Mumbai Beat, groove island.

United Record Pressing - Your one stop record shop since 1949
This is link just to give you rough estimate of production of vinyl. Approx. 900 $ for 100 records (12 inches) with Plain inner sleeve and plain jacket cover. (jackets you can very well print here). you can send CD, Analogue tape of source music.

On a side note this could be a great profession for those who like music and vinyls and looking for new startups. An Indian production house who can take orders for vinyl pressing. I have even thought of record lable names:). Analog bliss, Raga Records, sound fountain, swara, Sur, Mumbai Beat, groove island.

thanks a lot for the info but according to your calculations the price is coming in very heavy and it would not be affordable at all, not even for a side business

denzong you can calculate the price on the link provided for various options and it was to just give an idea, there may be few more vinyl pressing companies which can give lower quotes.

Here is my fav list
Gori Teri Aakhein
Oh Sanam
Tu Kaun Hai
Dekha Hai Aisa Bhi
Kitni Haseen Zindagi
Nahin Rakhta Dil Main Kuch
Sunoh
Tere Mere Saath
Teri Yaadein

Also please suggest him to come up with some scheme like "AUTOGRAPHED" Vinyl's for PRE-BOOKED copies...

i have sent the business case to Lucky. it does make sense going in the business (for both of us ). now i have to wait and see if he is ok with the business case and if he is then you can expect his new album release on LP by July 2011.

now all is in his hands

i have sent the business case to Lucky. it does make sense going in the business (for both of us ). now i have to wait and see if he is ok with the business case and if he is then you can expect his new album release on LP by July 2011.

now all is in his hands
Just curious. So what you both will be doing ? Is he contemplating to produce just this album on vinyl or starting a record label to produce albums of various artists ?

i am his record label for vinyl. i shall be starting this venture. he would be signed with me and i am trying to bring other artists as well

i am his record label for vinyl. i shall be starting this venture. he would be signed with me and i am trying to bring other artists as well
That's great :clapping: All the best.
Though I am not lucky ali fan, I do like his voice. (And he is the son of a great man, saw his interview on TV). What name will you be giving to the lable ? Groove Island name in my previous post was dedicated to Mumbai Island and gave the feeling of exclusive community dedicated to vinyl . If you want more I can give more names.

Last edited:
thats a good suggestion....do share more names....names from all are invited....and if any logo designed or thought then that would be more helpful.

sure will post when more names come to my mind. Can also do logo after you decide on name. No charge. :)

Hi Denzong

Are you his record label for vinyl only for his new album or also for his old songs?

currently the new ones. we are talking for the old releases with another music label. lets see how that comes along

1) Groove adora - (beloved grooves)
2) Amiti Records - (Amiti=friendship)
3) Beatrize - (Brings joy)
3) Dhwani - (Sound)
4) Ninada - (Sound (?))
5) Felicity records - (Felicity=happiness)
6) Harmony

...having said that music being intellectual property please study all issues of copyright, royalty etc. as prem has said plus practical things of mfg. of vinyl, also you will need skilled talented people for vinyls pressings (after all vinyl should sound better :)) right from the beginning of recording music. I think you may have already thought of that or have resources for that.
Regards

thanks for your support but currently i just like the name groove records
maybe some more suggestions would help

i have been in the copyright scene for long and know how this whole piece works.
my pressing will happen in US and i shall only use 180grams and 180grams two step plating. so you can be rest assured for the quality

Groove and record being generic names giving identity to them helps in making record lable name distinctive and easily recognizable like ...
Groove fidelity or D-Groove (D for word "the" or your avatar name Denzong) etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back