Making two more pairs of speakers............

Anil kumar

Hi all, just completed making 2 pairs of bass reflex cabinets for my friends, took 6 Sundays to complete. Outer 12mm MDF is yet to be flush mounted. Baffle thickness is 1.25". Most of the carpentry work done by me :D Some progress pictures here......

Cabinet_06.jpg

Cabinet_04.jpg

Cabinet_01.jpg

myspikes.jpg

Spike design​

MY DIY PAGE

Anil,

Good Show :clapping:. I really applaud you for the DIY (with a capital Y). I have embarked on a DIY speaker project and will have a lot to learn from you, not just the transducer technology but the cabinet making. Looking forward to your blog being updated with the how to of cutting holes, and other mundane DIY issues...

Cheers,

Gopi

Nice work , :clapping: hope all the DIYER's of hifivision will launch their brands some day commercially... ;)

Congrat Anil. Give us more details on drivers, crossover etc.

Will follow your efforts keenly.

Cheers.
Anil

Hi anil- great work!

you are going to use different tweeters for each pair?

regds suri

Congrats Anil,

Good choice of doing the carpentry yourself. The fruits of manual labor can be very enjoyable. Thumbs up to your effort.

BTW do you have any frequency response plots for the mid bass drivers. I saw the TS params from your blog and they are impressive for a locally assembled driver. Can you share more info about these drivers like the cone type, xmax, voice coil former type, usage of copper inside the motor etc...

Regds...

Thanks to all for the valuable comments.

iaudio
Are these the ones you were talking about when I called you?
Yes....

Suri
you are going to use different tweeters for each pair?

I am using Vifa D25Ag & Polyamide Dome Tweeters for each pair

anilva
Give us more details on drivers, crossover etc.

Xover details: Infinity reference 2000 xover & vintage Goodman xovers, both are tweaked for best performance by Sreekanth, he is of great help to me.

t.antony
BTW do you have any frequency response plots for the mid bass drivers. I saw the TS params from your blog and they are impressive for a locally assembled driver. Can you share more info about these drivers like the cone type, xmax, voice coil former type, usage of copper inside the motor etc...

I am using the same driver on one of the cabinet which has the same TS parameters. This driver was developed by Sreekanth, he has more data on this.

Few more progress shots......

30.jpg

16-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

18-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

27.jpg

34.jpg

Glass wool stuffing​

36.jpg

Materials for spike​

Super Anil Sir. Way to go!!

So, this is what you were busy with when I called you yesterday:thumbsup:. Now, let me return your compliment - "you are always up to something":).

In the last pic "Materials for spike", what material is that rod? Next time we meet/speak remind me to give you directions to a shop near good shed road who sell scrap aluminium sheets, rod and sometimes even billet (actually in very good condition) at reasonable prices.

Anil,

I have just joined this forum. Most of us know the electronics and acoustics but cannot manage carpentry and cabinet making. You seem to do it like a professional. Good luck.

Hi Anil,

Can you provide more details on the drivers used for the bass part?
The reason why I ask is: while one is made by Sreekanth, the other lower mounted one looks different.

Regards,
Goldy

Last edited:
Can you provide more details on the drivers used for the bass part?

Regards,
Goldy

Hi Goldy,i am using peerless drivers on one pair & shielded imported pair on the other bought from Sreekanth. Xover is tweaked for these drivers.

Regards,
Anil

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back