Making two more pairs of speakers............

Super Anil Sir. Way to go!!

So, this is what you were busy with when I called you yesterday:thumbsup:. Now, let me return your compliment - "you are always up to something":).

In the last pic "Materials for spike", what material is that rod? Next time we meet/speak remind me to give you directions to a shop near good shed road who sell scrap aluminium sheets, rod and sometimes even billet (actually in very good condition) at reasonable prices.

I work on the DIY projects only on Sundays, right now working on a Telescope project for a college & building a cabinet for my LM 3886 amp.
BTW, did you buy LP's from Balaji?

Regards,
Anil

I work on the DIY projects only on Sundays, right now working on a Telescope project for a college & building a cabinet for my LM 3886 amp.
BTW, did you buy LP's from Balaji?
No Anil, his shop was closed that day:sad:. Thanks for the directions to get there.

Machined spikes

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

MY DIY EFFORT

ukjeyaraj:
I guess you have a nice workshop/bench in your backyard to do all this stuff

Nope, i have no workshop but i have all the basic tools. I wish i had one :p

Speaker cabinets are almost complete with 12 mm outer board for flush mounting the drivers. Cabinets will be veneered next week.

46.jpg

45.jpg

Nope, i have no workshop but i have all the basic tools. I wish i had one :p

Speaker cabinets are almost complete with 12 mm outer board for flush mounting the drivers. Cabinets will be veneered next week.

46.jpg

45.jpg

Anil,

Very nice work every bit looks so perfect. Just curious to know what speakers are going inside them :) .

Kittu

Just curious to know what speakers are going inside them .

Kittu

Thanks kittu. First set of drivers include one 6.5" woofer, Vifa D 25 Ag tweeter & one 6.5" mid bass driver.

For second set i am using a 6.5" Peerless woofer, polyamide tweeter & 6.5" mid.

47.jpg

53.jpg

Tweaked Infinity xover

49.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to do this myself.....

Have to make myself come over to your place and learn a bit, during my next Bangalore visit. Hope you won't have any objections ....... :)

Anil, they look bloody professional!!! I guess you are one...a professional DIYer :)

Mind having me over some Sunday? Would love to watch you work and learn...maybe contribute by handing you the tools while you are at it ;)

Mind having me over some Sunday? Would love to watch you work and learn...maybe contribute by handing you the tools while you are at it

would love to do this myself.....
Have to make myself come over to your place and learn a bit, during my next Bangalore visit. Hope you won't have any objections

avidyarthy & soulforged, you are most welcome to do that......

By next week speakers will be ready for audition.

I bought a role of Glass wool for stuffing, this is much better than Dacron.
Glass wool is one of the best damping material for use in a loudspeaker enclosure to enhance sonic properties of the enclosure.

35.jpg

Hi Anilkumar,

Are those rolls of Glass wool 25 or 50 mm, I suggest to use 50mm for good damping.

Just my 2 cents.

N.Murali

Very professional. Amazing. Good luck and expecting to see the veneered finish and i can visualize it to be beautiful.

Swami

Anil, You are more than just an inspiration.

Absolutely mind boggling and you are a true Artist i must say,seeing you doing all this is just so so inspiring.

Will come up with something soon.Take care and wish you loads of wishes to add laurels to DIY.
Do post pics of the finished work.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back