Marantz Owner Thread...

If possible, use network cable.
Hi @sijusid, I have exactly the same issue on my Marantz SR5013. I'm unable to connect even with network cable. I have even tried Amazon basics CAT7 cable. Not able to connect with wifi also. After a few tries, I left it. Now, even not sure if there are any software updates on my AVR.

Hi @sijusid, I have exactly the same issue on my Marantz SR5013. I'm unable to connect even with network cable. I have even tried Amazon basics CAT7 cable. Not able to connect with wifi also. After a few tries, I left it. Now, even not sure if there are any software updates on my AVR.
Okay...i used to have connectivity issues with wifi....but once i used cable, no issues after that...
Software update , i think can be done on usb also...

Hello friends, can anyone help me on this, especially network connectivity issues.

Hello friends, can anyone help me on this, especially network connectivity issues.
Was it from day one or it used to work? Even i have always had issues with connecting to wifi with my previous denon 2400 and used it with only LAN.If both the wifi and Lan not working must be an issue with the AVR network adapter. Get it checked with an authorized service center

Was it from day one or it used to work? Even i have always had issues with connecting to wifi with my previous denon 2400 and used it with only LAN.If both the wifi and Lan not working must be an issue with the AVR network adapter. Get it checked with an authorized service center
Before sending it to the service center, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything in the process I'm following, hence seeking help from forum.

Ok but was it like this from day one or suddenly stopped working?
It was okay at the beginning couple of times when I bought the AVR. After some time when I checked it wasn't connecting on the wifi. Later I checked with network cable connected, and then also not working. I'm not sure what settings I need to check. Maybe, someone experienced with AVR setups here locally I need to approach. Between, I'm looking for a solution through the forum if I can do myself.

It was okay at the beginning couple of times when I bought the AVR. After some time when I checked it wasn't connecting on the wifi. Later I checked with network cable connected, and then also not working. I'm not sure what settings I need to check. Maybe, someone experienced with AVR setups here locally I need to approach. Between, I'm looking for a solution through the forum if I can do myself.
Can you connect it through bluetooth. For me i I cannot connect using bluetooth also

Wifi is working on my Marantz 7010. Try disabling and enabling Wifi. Sometimes it works this way.

Hi FM's,

I have the SR 7011 firmware updates on a usb drive .Couldn't find updating firmware via usb in the manual. On the net updates via usb for the NR series is available but the buttons for updating firmware on the NR ( Display & Sound mode) don't match with the SR series.
Can someone pls advise how to make the receiver recognise the files on the pen drive. I don't want to update the receiver via wifi or lan cable since the receiver may hang in case is there is any issue with the connection while updating. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi FM's,

I have the SR 7011 firmware updates on a usb drive .Couldn't find updating firmware via usb in the manual. On the net updates via usb for the NR series is available but the buttons for updating firmware on the NR ( Display & Sound mode) don't match with the SR series.
Can someone pls advise how to make the receiver recognise the files on the pen drive. I don't want to update the receiver via wifi or lan cable since the receiver may hang in case is there is any issue with the connection while updating. Thanks a lot.
Did you check what the update is all about? Does it affect any of the features that matter to you?

Is there anything mentioned about usb firmware update in your receiver's manual?

MaSh

Did you check what the update is all about? Does it affect any of the features that matter to you?

Is there anything mentioned about usb firmware update in your receiver's manual?

MaSh

Hi Mash,

It has a heos update which anyways I don't use. The other file is SR7011N_0015.update file which I am not sure of. Got them on a pen drive from the Marantz showroom since I was constantly receiving the update firmware message over the wifi. The person over there wasn't aware what the update was & how to do it via usb drive since the main technician wasn't there.

Last edited:
Hi Mash,

It has a heos update which anyways I don't use. The other file is SR7011N_0015.update file which I am not sure of. Got them on a pen drive from the Marantz showroom since I was constantly receiving the update firmware message over the wifi. The person over there wasn't aware what the update was & how to do it via usb drive since the main technician wasn't there.
Check on the marantz website. It should be detailed there. If the update doesn't resolve an issue or really improves upon something you use, you can ignore to update. Too many cases of units becoming paper weights due to bad updates on this forum itself.

Although i uodated my marantz over lan connection twice and had no issues.

MaSh

Check on the marantz website. It should be detailed there. If the update doesn't resolve an issue or really improves upon something you use, you can ignore to update. Too many cases of units becoming paper weights due to bad updates on this forum itself.

Although i uodated my marantz over lan connection twice and had no issues.

MaSh

Hi Mash,
Sure, will do that. Actually I am pretty much satisfied with what the receiver does . If there is any firmware which reduces the heat it generates would have been great :). Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Nitin

Hi Experts, I am seeing issues while switching between inputs. Sometime my AVR suddenly freezes & I need to power off & on to make it work. What could be the problem ?

Hi Experts, I am seeing issues while switching between inputs. Sometime my AVR suddenly freezes & I need to power off & on to make it work. What could be the problem ?
Did you try factory reset? Is it happening on all sources?

MaSh

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back