Marantz PM6005 with Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3

No I dont

and I dont particularly care what your opinion is if you cannot substantiate a stand

thanks anyway

by the way i dont have to read a mis spelt poorly worded post several times over to make sense of it. I hate to break it you but it is not quite as deep as you think as it is. But then again, never mind, I don't really expect you to get it

with regards
gr

Well, my opinion was not meant for you but for the OP. Take it this way, I will always warn anyone and everyone who plans to purchase anything of Sonodyne. They can accept, reject or give their plan a second or third thought.

This is a public forum and I have the right to cast my opinion here.

That however does not mean someone like you would jump in to make a (sarcastic - wisecrack - smart ) comment out of it.

Being born and living in the same city where Sonodynes are manufactured and being brought up with them for the last 40 years, I have seen at least more than you when it comes to Sonodyne quality. :lol:

So let me state my opinion. You can state yours. But do not make mockery of other's post. That only looks makes you look immature and a complete wannabe.

from this thread http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/49820-norge-1000-gold-vs-sonodyne-sia310.html#post566631)

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy an amplifier for a small room 10 ft x 10 ft and first decided on the Onkyo 8030. However, since this room is small and I will not need the sound too loud, I am looking for budget options like

Norge 1000 Gold
Sonodyne Sia310

If someone can let me know which one should be the best to choose, I will be greatful. I have not decided on the speakers yet but I am open to options.

Thanks in advance to all.

Well, my opinion was not meant for you but for the OP. Take it this way, I will always warn anyone and everyone who plans to purchase anything of Sonodyne. They can accept, reject or give their plan a second or third thought.

[/B]

So what happened between 2nd February 2014 and forever and always ?

That only looks makes you look immature and a complete wannabe.

QFT.

with best regards
gr

Last edited:

This is a public forum and I have the right to cast my opinion here.

That however does not mean someone like you would jump in to make a (sarcastic - wisecrack - smart ) comment out of it.

Being born and living in the same city where Sonodynes are manufactured and being brought up with them for the last 40 years, I have seen at least more than you when it comes to Sonodyne quality. :lol:

So let me state my opinion. You can state yours. But do not make mockery of other's post. That only looks makes you look immature and a complete wannabe.

I heard Sonodyne Uranus2 and Uranus3 when I was a school-going kid, sound of these two (specially Uranus3) still linger in my ears. Those days, people (middle-class and slightly upper middle class) used to put Sonodyne on pedestal. Of late, there may be some quality issues. But the way you are rejecting sonodyne as a brand is somewhat not going well with the people at large. May be you are/were an insider hence, you know sonodyne better than anyone else does. but............................... again !!!!!!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

with regards,

My 2 paisa:

Sonodyne is probably a good starting point as some BMs have stated here and elsewhere.
Some users upgrade their speakers after a while, some don't. Depends on personal preference.
Hence, its always a good idea to audition both similarly priced and slightly more expensive speakers before pulling the trigger. Because, if you decide to upgrade in say a couple of years time, your total outlay will be much higher.
As a kid, I used to hear about the superlative Uranus system from my well to do mates. But then again, people's exposure to other makes was pretty limited.
Now as for me, I don't like the sound signature of the Sonous range. That doesn't mean that Sonodyne is bad. Sound is a very subjective er subject!
@ Tumpa - Please audition as many brands as possible.
Peace!

I heard Sonodyne Uranus2 and Uranus3 when I was a school-going kid, sound of these two (specially Uranus3) still linger in my ears. Those days, people (middle-class and slightly upper middle class) used to put Sonodyne on pedestal. Of late, there may be some quality issues. But the way you are rejecting sonodyne as a brand is somewhat not going well with the people at large. May be you are/were an insider hence, you know sonodyne better than anyone else does. but............................... again !!!!!!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

with regards,

Don't know about the Uranus III, but I've "experienced" the original Uranus (my dad's) and I'll be honest: I've heard Sony LCD TV's that trounced the stereo separation abilities of the said Uranus amp. :lol:

Count me alongside the Sonodyne sceptics. I'm searching for a stereo amp and although I'm looking at the SiA 320 amongst other brands, I'm going to be listening very hard indeed before I even think of giving Sonodyne 50 paise for it. :lol:

Last edited:
i guess i am a lil late to the discussion, but adding my 2 bits all the same
i have the older PM6004 & i have never yet felt any lack of power & that's without having ever crossed the 2 Oclock position.
the marantz is driving wharfdale diamonds 9.5s which are considered quite power hungry too

as most FMs will agree Marantz understates thier power capabilities

Back