Marantz SR 6010 - Goes into protection mode

Hi All,

The Marantz SR-6010 goes into protection mode.

1. The AV is powered on
  2. Goes to "Online" source mode
  3. The power amp relay switch sound comes up
  4. I switch to FM source
  5. I can hear sound from all audio channels including the 2 subs
  6. Then after 15 seconds the protection mode kicks in
  7. AV switches off with red led blinking twice per second

Network reset is not helping.
Yet to try the full factory reset.
Also I don't want to mess around as the current voltage seems to be around 210v.

First time when the protection mode kicked in, everything was fine, not sure if this is due to summer heat or voltage hovering around 210v.

Has anyone faced the same with Marantz before ?

It could be internal as well as external fault.
Please check and ensure:
- speakers wires are not touching together
- speaker wire copper stands are not touching AVR chassis anywhere
- If using plugs, they are not touching each other

Sometimes fault could be with speakers that could cause it, so try disconnecting speaker and source wires from AVR and then repeat your procedure that you have mentioned in your post to find out if AVR is still going into protection mode with any speaker connected.

It could be internal as well as external fault.
Please check and ensure:
- speakers wires are not touching together
- speaker wire copper stands are not touching AVR chassis anywhere
- If using plugs, they are not touching each other

Sometimes fault could be with speakers that could cause it, so try disconnecting speaker and source wires from AVR and then repeat your procedure that you have mentioned in your post to find out if AVR is still going into protection mode with any speaker connected.

I checked all of them.

Right now completely unplugged the AV from all types of connections - power, speakers & HDMI.

Going to wait for 24 hours so that capacitors can discharge and going to retry.

It's just 7 months old!

I checked all of them.

Right now completely unplugged the AV from all types of connections - power, speakers & HDMI.

Going to wait for 24 hours so that capacitors can discharge and going to retry.

It's just 7 months old!
You don't have to wait that long. Power off completely, not even stand by, and hold the power button for around 10-20 seconds and then switch on. See if the amp goes into protection mode with all sources and speakers disconnected. Also, what's the speaker levels set to for each channel?

Any reason not to do a factory reset? Give it a shot.

Finally, is the receiver under warranty? If, contact them right away.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You don't have to wait that long. Power off completely, not even stand by, and hold the power button for around 10-20 seconds and then switch on. See if the amp goes into protection mode with all sources and speakers disconnected. Also, what's the speaker levels set to for each channel?

Any reason not to do a factory reset? Give it a shot.

Finally, is the receiver under warranty? If, contact them right away.

MaSh

I am little skeptical to switch on the AVR. Right now mains voltage level is 202v and UPS is not regulating the voltage.

I am little skeptical to switch on the AVR. Right now mains voltage level is 202v and UPS is not regulating the voltage.
Oh okay. That could be a good cause. Is this the case on all the phases on the house? Try another power socket on another phase.

MaSh

Oh okay. That could be a good cause. Is this the case on all the phases on the house? Try another power socket on another phase.

MaSh

The other phases are at 190v.
AV used to work good, when power was at 232v, for the past 3 days it's hovering between 190v to 214v.

Hi

SR series needs it required electrical power so if it is less or more, the protection circuit kicks in...just to be sure...take the AVR to a friends place who has proper electrical sockets which provide the desired power with spike surge guards...and check...run it for 15 mins at least..if it works well then its an electrical supply issue...if not then clearly power board circuitry issue on avr.....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back