MCACC pioneer vsx 817 mic not available

Donivlapog

Hello all, Volumate,Chennai, my HT consultants and installers have somehow gotten my Pioneer 817 AVR overhauled with changes of non-working switches. They had in the meantime asked me for Pioneer MCACC calibration mic which I went from pillar to post as the seller sold me without one. The good news is that the AVR works excellently after the servicing however for room calibration I need that as we are not able to find it so far. The installation has been held due to that. Mr.Harwin, the owner of Volumate has checked with Pioneer service center too. To no avail. This forum is a treasure trove of valuable information and therefore I just wish to clarify. I have agreed to go for manual calibration without the mic as enough time has been wasted already. However am I going to miss something important due to auto-calibration not available? Should I keep looking for one or have the HT installed asap without further time wasting?

Hello all, Volumate,Chennai, my HT consultants and installers have somehow gotten my Pioneer 817 AVR overhauled with changes of non-working switches. They had in the meantime asked me for Pioneer MCACC calibration mic which I went from pillar to post as the seller sold me without one. The good news is that the AVR works excellently after the servicing however for room calibration I need that as we are not able to find it so far. The installation has been held due to that. Mr.Harwin, the owner of Volumate has checked with Pioneer service center too. To no avail. This forum is a treasure trove of valuable information and therefore I just wish to clarify. I have agreed to go for manual calibration without the mic as enough time has been wasted already. However am I going to miss something important due to auto-calibration not available? Should I keep looking for one or have the HT installed asap without further time wasting?

Hi

Check with this seller if he has and dont make yourself look desperate for it

All the best

I always tune my setups manually. I tried Onkyo's auto calibrate over a decade ago and a few years ago when Dirac was new I tried that and didn't like either. The thing with tuning manually though is you need flexible DSP and some knowledge of what to do with it and what sound you prefer. If you do not have this knowledge then it might be wiser to either get someone else to tune it (albeit not to your preferences) or try to learn (which will take time).

What does this manual calibration involve?
Distance setting between speakers, subwoofer, sampling sound from different seating positions, frequency bass and stuff setting and many more. Since it is my first set up, I have called a HT consultant who will do it for me.

Distance setting between speakers, subwoofer, sampling sound from different seating positions, frequency bass and stuff setting and many more. Since it is my first set up, I have called a HT consultant who will do it for me.

Not clear whether measurements will be involved or not in this exercise. IMO (and IME), the first step to a good calibration is measurements in-room. EQ to taste after in-room measurements. Subjective listening as the final step with iterative EQ if one's not happy with the sound or if one is simply curious as to what might be better. YMMV. Good luck!

p.s. Is Harwin the aforementioned HT consultant?

Not clear whether measurements will be involved or not in this exercise. IMO (and IME), the first step to a good calibration is measurements in-room. EQ to taste after in-room measurements. Subjective listening as the final step with iterative EQ if one's not happy with the sound or if one is simply curious as to what might be better. YMMV. Good luck!

p.s. Is Harwin the aforementioned HT consultant?
Yes

Cool. IME, in the context of AV dealers, he is a thorough, straight-talking, no- (audiophool) nonsense professional. It sounds like you won't have the ability to EQ (automated or manual), so the best that can be done is proper speaker placement, consistent speaker levels and tweaking of the sub (as well as integration with center) by ear. You're in good hands. Enjoy your setup once the calibration is done!

Hi all, thanks to this forum, I found a seller from Bangalore who has pmed me and we have struck a deal. Just one update though - Mr.Harwin has offered to tweak the room corrections further after the mic is available (no extra site visit charges). Like liverpool-for-life has already stated, Volumate is highly recommended and has done a good job and is ever ready to help pre or post installation.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back