Mi Tv Series in India

Has anybody seen any good comprehensive review video?
I'm looking to order it if possible tomorrow. But would like to take an informed decision on the picture quality and upscaling more so than the os and how thin it is.

The delay is 8ms. Isn't very good but neither too high. There are worst TV than that. But no one else seems to tell anything more.
These Indian reviewers are quite shit actually. They have a TV with them for so many days and couldn't even upload a decent review and comparison of a TV. All you can see is most of them just rant about the specifications in the name of review.

Even if they have TV with them for months, half of them will be directly coming from CRT world and review it like Miracle.
I had a 42 inch LG FHD TV from LG that I purchased in 2011 for 57000+ . In Jan 2018 I fell for user review on 4K Sanyo TV priced almost same bracket. Trusting those reviews in Indian e-com portals, Sanyo-being panasonic company got trapped and bought SANYO 55 inch 4K TV.

Worst part is, I choose to exchange my LG FHD for this TV , rest of the story you can read in my Flipkart review of SANYO 55 K TV

Note: As the purchase was an exchange i didn't get back my old TV though I got back money after consistent followup with flipkart. Thanks to flipkart as Sanyo was even ready accept there was a problem.

In a nutshell - My future purchase will never be based on a review , especially Indian review on e-commerce website. But my experience in hifivision.com was quite opposite. Whatever I bought based on review here was true to the core.

The TVs are now available on display at Mi Home stores. So FMs can surely go an demo it in person. I couldn't go in person but from someone who did got the feedback that it was OK. Mi Home had no idea as to when stock was arriving.

Hello fms.
I sent a mail to Mi customer care regarding my doubts and got a response from them. I'm gonna quote it here:
Dear Lakshay,

Greeting from Mi India Customer Support. I am Itisweta.

I understand your concern, I will help you with the required information.

1.Mi Tv 4 support HDCP 2.2 version.
2. The Brightness of Mi Tv 4 is 200nits.
3. Mi Tv supports CEC option.
4.Mi Tv 4 support DLNA.
5. Mi Tv does not upscale the SD content, instead it stretches to the screen.

I am sure that above information is helpful. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be glad to assist.

You will receive an e-mail after 24 hours asking for the feedback. Please do not forget to share the feedback with us. Your feedback will help us to improve our services
Regards,

Itisweta

Mi India Customer Support

So looking at it, the brightness is pretty low. Also there is no upscaling, its just gonna stretch the image meaning more pixelation. Rest all looks good. They had nowhere mentioned of hdcp 2.2, dlna and cec compatible so had to ask that.
Let's wait for people to put up their personal reviews. I unfortunately have no mi home outlet in my city.

May be it's a stupid question... But what's the difference? I thought upscaling is basically to fit the screen
Upscaling is not just stretching and fitting the screen. The upscaling algorithm for viewing the lower resolution image in higher resolution display should do that without much pixelation.
When we watch normal DVD480p in 1080p full HD, the quality of the image depends on the upscaling capability of Player or TV

If a 480p picture is to be fitted into 1080p screen, how could it be "stretched" without upscaling? I mean even stretching should involve some algorithm?

All TVs are having upscaling feature built in. Also HT, DVD players have this feature called upscaling which we can turn on/off ( model specific)
So if a Sony TV can do upscaling better then turn off that of HT/ DVD.
Upscaling depends on the quality of content more than the device.

Despite the facts that many complained that the sales were not honored in majority of the location. There are quite a number of people who got their hands onto the mighty piece. The reviews were started flowing in flipkart and let me pick a few excerpts from the comments to give an idea of what's the feel like. Most of it are positive and currently staying in 4.7* that's good. People who moved from CRT and lower resolution displayed were in awe it seems. You can't expect much from those tiny speakers. Panel will be good if you sit straight and have good lighting conditions. Overall it seems to be a hit in this price point.

===
It must be quite interesting what reviewers are telling about this television. About the fact that browser and play store wouldn't work.... Well the good news is you can sideload any app you want and make it work, also its claimed by Xiaomi that support for play store and browser is on the way... I know the content on Hungama and others is limited... WELL FOR ANYONE READING THIS... I MADE KODI WORK!
===
TV comes with a very good packageing and it has a mi Bluetooth remote it has only eleven buttons and the remote is so tiny that it will fit into our hands and it come with a powercoard . User experience is very smooth there is no lag the gives true 4k experience by playing a 4k input source to the TV .the patchwall os super easy to use the TV has three HDMI slots ,one Pendrive slot ,the sound output of the TV is crispy and nice .if you need to control your dish with the mi TV remote then you will get a IR blaster receiver Frome the service ingenier but you need internet to be connected to use the feature .the apps are priinstalled by the TV like miracast by this feature you can cast your redmi phone interference with the the TV the WiFi connectivity is fast and speed the overall the Mi LED smart TV is super and gives best experience in your home for less budget TV .I thank xiomi for bringing this TV to India and also I thank Flipkart for super fast delivery and I thank the service ingenier Jeeves consumer service for providing two years extra warranty for the TV of cost rupees 3499.I suggest that this TV for the buyer's who want to buy a new 4k TV for less budget getting around 55inches
===
Decent panel, for the price. I feel Patchwall could be tad overbearing if you your requirement is divided equally between online and on-air content. One thing is for sure is that the sound quality is rubbish. Not bad, but rubbish. In two minds of returning the tv just becoz of that. The large screen experience is totally marred by that.
===
Expected too much with the Display. Average quality display. Sound is ok. Definitely doesn't feel like a 4k TV. Realised this is all you can get for 40k. The TV is huge and ultra thin. That's the only consolation. Do not have high hopes if you decide on buying it. It will just look big on your wall. If your a fan of quality display, definitely a NO. My LG 4K tv has a display that is at least 10 times better.
===
Not only the competitive price range, but also Mi hasn't disappointed the smart TV features and also Patchwall OS..
Timely Delivery : After i booked yesterday 2pm, i received the product by 7am today from Ekart.. Kudos to delivery team.
Prompt Installation : It was mentioned that Jeevas team will assign for installation for next day.. When i requested their customer care team, they immediately arrange 3 executives who came at 11am and they are very careful in installation taking some time without hesitation and also took time in explaning the demo and other details.
===

Expected too much with the Display. Average quality display. Sound is ok. Definitely doesn't feel like a 4k TV. Realised this is all you can get for 40k. The TV is huge and ultra thin. That's the only consolation. Do not have high hopes if you decide on buying it. It will just look big on your wall. If your a fan of quality display, definitely a NO. My LG 4K tv has a display that is at least 10 times better.

This is what i was worried about. Panel is not so good as those Indian reviewers said. I went to the Express Avenue mall in Chennai to see the TV and it just felt as a huge TV, thats all. Nothing so eye catchy or brilliant in the display. didn't feel like a 4k television also. It was running ads for MI products. maybe the source file is Full HD. Even the shop keepers were not sure of the resolution of the media file. So, as of now, i just parked my idea of buying one unless i demo it with my own media files.

Xiaomi Teases Launch of New Mi TV Series in India, Hints at Smaller, Cheaper Option

After launching the Mi LED Smart TV4 in India earlier this month, Xiaomi is gearing up to bring a new Mi TV series to the market. Xiaomi’s Manu Kamar Jain took to Twitter to tease a new TV series, marking the launch of the second television set in India. “Mi fans! Something new is coming to India! It’s time to switch to something smarter, slimmer and sleeker. Coming soon! Stay tuned”, he tweeted.

Simultaneously, Xiaomi Product Manager Sudeep Sahu also tweeted about the upcoming TV series, which according to him will be accessible to all. “Innovation should be accessible to everyone. We are bringing a new series enabling more people to #SwitchToSmart TV experience. Stay tuned for more info”, Sahu tweeted.

If we try to decrypt the tweets posted by Jain and Sahu, it emerges that Xiaomi is about to launch a smaller and cheaper TV range than the original Mi TV 4 model. This could be the Mi TV 4A series that was launched in March last year in three screen sizes, including 65-inch, 55-inch, and 49-inch. In July, the company also brought the 32-inch Mi TV 4A model and in just January this year - which seems like the launch Xiaomi is hinting at. It launched the 50-inch variant in January this year. The Mi TV 4A range starts at CNY 1,099 (approximately Rs. 11,300), and the top-end, 65-inch variant is available with a price tag of CNY 5,699 (roughly Rs. 54,000). There are features such as AI-based speech recognition, quad-core processors, Wi-Fi connectivity, USB and Ethernet ports, and Android-based PatchWall interface.

Apart from the Mi TV 4A range, there are speculations Xiaomi could bring the Mi TV 4C series that was launched in October last year to India. The Mi TV 4C series includes two screen sizes: 43-inch and 55-inch. The 43-inch Mi TV 4C has 1GB of RAM and 8GB storage at a price of CNY 1,849 (around Rs. 19,000), whereas the 55-inch variant with 2GB RAM and 8GB storage is available at CNY 2,649 (approximately Rs. 27,200). Both variants have a quad-core Amlogic T962 64-bit processor and support Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, Dolby, and DTS Audio. There is also HDR 10 and HLG as well as a blue light-reducing mode. Additionally, there is Mi Bluetooth Remote Control support that adds Speech Recognition, Mi Touch, and Infrared features at a price of CNY 99 (roughly Rs. 1,000).

Source:
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/xiaomi-mi-tv-4-4a-4c-series-expansion-india-price-launch-1818585
http://indianexpress.com/article/te...s-in-india-likely-to-launch-mi-tv-4a-5082945/
http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-...g-to-india-could-be-the-mi-tv-4a-4372513.html

==========----------==========

Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 32 inch
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 32 inch has a 13366 x 768px LCD screen. The panel offers up to 3000:1 contrast ratio. Similar to the Mi TV 4, the TV runs on custom PatchOS based on Android OS powered by Amlogic 1.5 GHz Quad-core chipset with 1GB RAM and 4GB storage. The TV does support WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, dual HDMI port and a USB 2.0 port. However, do note that this specific model does not have Bluetooth connectivity. So, one cannot use Mi smart remote.

Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 43 inch
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 43 inch has a Full HD 1980 x 1080 px LG panel with 178-degree viewing angle. Similarly, the TV is powered by Amlogic Quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 8GB Storage. The TV is powered by Xiaomi’s custom PatchOS based on Android OS. The 43 inch model gets Bluetooth support, which will be missing in the 32 inch model. In fact, this TV has all the smart features like the original Mi TV 4.

now a temporary listing on the official Xiaomi site has revealed that the 32-inch Mi TV 4 is coming to India and it also reveals the price as Rs. 12,999, which is possible since it about the same in India. The other listing shows a nameless Mi TV with a price tag of Rs. 21,999 which could be Mi TV 4A 43 inch.

Source:
http://www.fonearena.com/blog/245271/xiaomi-mi-tv-4a-32-inch-43-inch-price-india-leak.html
http://www.igyaan.in/145617/mi-tv-4a-india-launch/
https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/03/...eleasing-soon-43-inch-mi-tva-priced-rs-21999/

Attachments

• Xiaomi-Mi-TV-4A-32-inch-price-leak-1024x571.jpg
    Xiaomi-Mi-TV-4A-32-inch-price-leak-1024x571.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Xiaomi-Mi-TV-4A-43-inch-price-leak-1024x487.jpg
    Xiaomi-Mi-TV-4A-43-inch-price-leak-1024x487.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
How good this go with quality of picture

Picture quality should be best on 43inch being Full HD,in-sync with your HD STB output as well as there's no shortage of FHD content as in case of 4K,hence no upscaling/scattering required and no HDR fuss. Moreover, with no slimness goals like 4.9mm,appropriate backlight arrangement should be there complementing 6000:1 Samsung VA panel.
Overall, BEST proposition for Indian households in terms of >>size-quality-price-tech!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back