Mi Tv Series in India

Anyone want to see more app related review , check out this:

Youtube does play 1440p using a 3rd party app, still trying for 4K, limitation is on app level, I can see lot of frames being dropped when setting changed to 4K. Will create another short video on youtube 4k tonite.

How do you know they are launching these two only? am looking forward to to the 65 inch one
not just 32/43 there's more to launch,probably a 49 & 65 too plus a sound system as well, let's see what they unveil tomorrow.

DXgQ_96X4AASnHB.jpg

I can see that you had loaded some 4k content in the pen drive to test. How does that work? does it play from pen drive smoothly? tried any HDR content?
Yes LG HDR file played fine, jelly fish file at higher bitrate suffers lags , beyond 140 it has problem , but that is too high bitrate, in real world video you dont need those high one.

I have not read the complete thread from the beginning so please ignore if my comments are against or already spoken.

Yesterday I went to Phoenix mall in chennai and found both the 55" as well as 65" of the MI TV. I asked the guy who was demoing the tv to play some contents. He played a downloaded 4k youtube videos on both the TVs and both were playing the contents smoothly and there was a decent enough detailing in PQ.

Then I asked him to play some 1080p videos then again he played downloaded 1080p youtube video on both the TVs. And here is the sad thing that both the TVs are not upscaling videos properly. To my eyes I could those output to typical chinese mobile camera (No offense pls).

Considering the price point and if you have many 4K contents with you, you can buy this for sure. But if you are holding only full hd videos please double check the clarity and PQ of both TVs.

I have not read the complete thread from the beginning so please ignore if my comments are against or already spoken.

Yesterday I went to Phoenix mall in chennai and found both the 55" as well as 65" of the MI TV. I asked the guy who was demoing the tv to play some contents. He played a downloaded 4k youtube videos on both the TVs and both were playing the contents smoothly and there was a decent enough detailing in PQ.

Then I asked him to play some 1080p videos then again he played downloaded 1080p youtube video on both the TVs. And here is the sad thing that both the TVs are not upscaling videos properly. To my eyes I could those output to typical chinese mobile camera (No offense pls).

Considering the price point and if you have many 4K contents with you, you can buy this for sure. But if you are holding only full hd videos please double check the clarity and PQ of both TVs.

Could it be because you first saw 4k clips and then Full HD that you feel the quality wasn't great? Have you demoed any other tvs this way and not noticed a difference?

Could it be because you first saw 4k clips and then Full HD that you feel the quality wasn't great? Have you demoed any other tvs this way and not noticed a difference?

No. I have compared many 4K TVs from reputed brands and I know the demo contents will be very good. As soon as I watched the content I decided that it is not for me. Where as other brands did a decent job in upscaling true FULL HD contents.

Again please note that it is my point of view and my own taste.

Vinoth in this Phoenix Mall MI store do they have ready stock for this TV, or atleast they take bookings? or they only do the Demo's.
Express Avenue MI Store person keeps on repeating the same thing that "Stocks will arrive next week" for the past 3 weeks:mad:

Vinoth in this Phoenix Mall MI store do they have ready stock for this TV, or atleast they take bookings? or they only do the Demo's.
Express Avenue MI Store person keeps on repeating the same thing that "Stocks will arrive next week" for the past 3 weeks:mad:

Naren, When I entered into showroom and asked for a demo of 65" version, he immediately said that this model has not been launched india and they dont know when it would come.

But what he confirmed is that the 55" model is available for sale as well as for demo. To my eyes both of their models are super good in displaying the demo content played (4k) but both were lagging in full hd playback.

MiTV 4A 32inch - 13,999 (3HDMI-2USB-20W) - 4KG
MiTV 4A 43inch - 22,999 (3HDMI-3USB-20W-S/PDIF) - 8KG

Yes, they are advertising Weight of TV:p
DXrVcjPXUAAuYi9.jpg

Funny thing this newly launched series seemingly has better sound - 20W instead of 16W in Mi TV 4, supposedly a graphics engine that supports image enhancement (upscaling maybe?), an additional USB port and a headphone jack. So are they trying to say don't buy Mi TV 4 but wait for few more months? :)
;

I went all the way from shollinganallur to EA to see the TV and they also said the same to me . But they had a demo piece, but it was the imported Chinese model which was just playing MI products ad.

I went all the way from shollinganallur to EA to see the TV and they also said the same to me . But they had a demo piece, but it was the imported Chinese model which was just playing MI products ad.
in phoenix mall demo piece but they are playing requested content.

in phoenix mall demo piece but they are playing requested content.

I have downloaded Planet earth two episodes ( 4k HDR file) and wonder woman 4k HDR print also. Will take them and try this weekend let's see if a 8gb file can be handled by the TV

Funny thing this newly launched series seemingly has better sound - 20W instead of 16W in Mi TV 4, supposedly a graphics engine that supports image enhancement (upscaling maybe?), an additional USB port and a headphone jack. So are they trying to say don't buy Mi TV 4 but wait for few more months? :)
;
well if you ask me, MiTV 4 55inch is still the best quality to own - it's cheaper here (by 1000),flagship aesthetics,2Xquality panel,2XRAM,1.5Xprocessor.
whereas,
this 4A lineup is just cheap - panel wise,processing power wise,built wise,costs 25-50% more here than in china (even amazon was selling 40inch Panasonic for 23,500,minus Patchwall) rest is just vague marketing and filling gaps by placing a product in between.

PS: there's no such thing as dedicated beneficial up-scaling in MI Tvs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back