Mini Led Vs FALD

Mini LEDs can reach 8k resolution I think. As the emitting diodes are going to be smaller in size, more pixel brightness and sharpness can be expected in the crystal display.
miniLED is the backlight. It has nothing to do with the liquid crystals which filter light at the front of the display and decide the resolution. So miniLED won't get any sharper than a traditional LCD.

miniLED is just a way to get more local dimming zones on an LCD. It's not a different technology like microLED where LEDs becoming smaller makes it sharper.

miniLED is the backlight. It has nothing to do with the liquid crystals which filter light at the front of the display and decide the resolution. So miniLED won't get any sharper than a traditional LCD.

miniLED is just a way to get more local dimming zones on an LCD. It's not a different technology like microLED where LEDs becoming smaller makes it sharper.
But the light emitting diodes are going to be smaller right? So it will be transmitted to the crystal display in front of it to achieve better resolution right?

But the light emitting diodes are going to be smaller right? So it will be transmitted to the crystal display in front of it to achieve better resolution right?
No, the light-emitting diodes have nothing to do with the overall resolution of the display since it's not an emissive tech. Even in the top of the line mini LED 8k displays, the mini LEDs are only about 25000 for 33 million pixels.

What them being smaller will increase is contrast control due to increase in dimming zones. You can control brightness on the display in a more controlled way with less blooming since the light behind is better controlled.

Oled is a clear winner. Why to bring it's supremacy over and over again?
Can’t say that, the most accurate reference pro monitors are still LCD. It’s good on a consumer grade tv may be at the best. And I am having a feeling that it’s gonna get obsolete once the micro led TVs roll out. There was a time when people though plasma can’t be beaten. Now it’s over

Can’t say that, the most accurate reference pro monitors are still LCD. It’s good on a consumer grade tv may be at the best. And I am having a feeling that it’s gonna get obsolete once the micro led TVs roll out. There was a time when people though plasma can’t be beaten. Now it’s over
Sony BVM-X300 is considered the best reference monitor and it's OLED. Single-layer LCD can't be reference as the black is going to be always inaccurate. Dual-layer LCD is different, but it's not available to consumers anyway.

Well well well! Now they are offering me a huge Rs.2.2 lakhs to top up the 2.11 lakhs I already paid to get the FALD. Deal breaker.
But this topic still has the juice to continue, pls let's continue the discussions.

Well well well! Now they are offering me a huge Rs.2.2 lakhs to top up the 2.11 lakhs I already paid to get the FALD. Deal breaker.
But this topic still has the juice to continue, pls let's continue the discussions.
I think you could get a jvc nx5 for 4L, which will give better experience on a 100" acreen

What is surprising & rather disappointing is that....both LG & SAMSUNG who used to advertise against each other's primary technologies....both are now adopting same......Mini-Led by LG is similar to QLED &....similarly MICROLED by Samsung is similar to OLED.

Well it depends on who is making it.TCL is producing mini Led tvs from last 2 years.But they are not the best LCD tv in the market.

In theory mini Led should be better than FALD.but lot is depending on the implementation

One of these days I am going to graduate to projectors.
At these prices 3-4k USD, there might be Real 4K Laser projectors maybe even Ultra Short throw.

At these prices 3-4k USD, there might be Real 4K Laser projectors maybe even Ultra Short throw.
I had a projector during 2010. But it was heat dissipating, had less lamp life, was just 1000 lumens portable projector which had a 50" FHD without skewing too much screen size and back then I used it for my job career and presentations. It got washed out pretty soon. The lamp cost 50% of the projector cost and so I sold it for scrap value. But a lot has transpired since then in the world of projectors. It is time when I need to take a peek at what's in offer for me.

NEWS: :D Chennai family will only accept Giant Dosa & Giant Screens.. :p

My aging dad got a 65" and now it seems small :D
Look, I can't explain in detail about it. If the panel to be replaced for the second time screws up, I would have to convince my parents that OLED technology more than makes up for the screen size. Otherwise 75" will only be preferred by them for comfy watching.

Instead of 75" inch tv, I would always prefer a projector,since a bigger screen size can compensate for little less blacks

Look, I can't explain in detail about it. If the panel to be replaced for the second time screws up, I would have to convince my parents that OLED technology more than makes up for the screen size. Otherwise 75" will only be preferred by them for comfy watching.

I get it. I feel even 65 is small now that I see there's room at the sides for it to be 75 " :D

I am curious how & when the Rollable LED TVs become common place. I am hoping. Best of both worlds - TV + Projector.

MKBHD covered a preview of a working unit set for maybe 2021 or 22.

I get it. I feel even 65 is small now that I see there's room at the sides for it to be 75 " :D

I am curious how & when the Rollable LED TVs become common place. I am hoping. Best of both worlds - TV + Projector.

MKBHD covered a preview of a working unit set for maybe 2021 or 22.
My predicament is if my father has to watch a test match non stop for 5 days like the ongoing Ind Vs Aus test series very early up in the day (he never turns off the TV).... A person nearing 80 would have difficulties adjusting to projectors, their controls, not to the mention long duration lamp usage etc.. TV is for rough use but a projector I am not so sure.

Back