Mumbai Meet Held on 9th May 2010

denom

Banned
Banned
Hi Fellow Members,

Just to inform you all that the following members met up today:

Spirovious, Bizarre, Reju, Sachin, Hemant Waghe, Rajivrao & Denom

We met at Bizarre's place with the intention of meeting each other & casually reviewing the following Equipments:-

Tannoy F1 BS,
Asus Xonar D2X,
Supra speaker cables,
CDp(Pioneer)Model No.(Hemant pls update!)
usb DAC,
Marantz 5003amp,
Jamo C405 Towers,
Speaker Cables Make(Bizarre Pls update!)
Pioneer DVDp 610,
Norge 2060 amp,
Norge Millenium BS

Was glad to meet the above gentlemen & had a pleasant time interacting with them & getting a feel of the various equipments as mentioned.

I feel this was but a small step in getting to know fellow members a little better & looking forward to more of such meets with some more forum members....:)

Pics of equipment with fellow members comments follow shortly...

Cheers
Denom

Great to hear about Mumbai's first(?) HFV meet!! That is quite a lineup of equipment. Waiting for the pictorial report.

p1020510.jpg

p1020511.jpg

p1020512.jpg

p1020513.jpg

p1020514.jpg

p1020515.jpg

p1020516.jpg

Since this was the first time we met, regret that only I had taken the camera & in the heat(literally was hot!) forgot to take some more pics & those of speaker drivers, speaker cables, RCA connects & such... plus the fact that Hemant turned up late, I forgot to take pics of his Pioneer CDp & DAC unit.... lessons learnt today :D Will definately be better prepared for next meet, meantime pls bear with the results....

Thanks
Denom

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the enjoyable afternoon. I am glad i was able to listen to so many pieces of equipments. Awaiting opinions of experts before i put my own.

I am delighted to meet the experts in person. It was always pleasant interacting with them online, it was much better talking to them in their human form :)

Sachin,

Was fun meeting! BTW, didn't you take some pics too from your phonecam??? Pls put them up!

Cheers!

Here are two. Denom is in the red t-shirt, not sure who the other person is. Hemant's Pioneer CD Player can be seen on the ground

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It was great meeting you all. Loved the two-and-hours session of pure fun. I listened to bookshelf speakers for the first time and I was surprised to see the way they sounded.

Special thanks to Spiro for his efforts in successfully and single-handedly managing the meet. I'm sorry for my anti-music and terribly hot house. :(

Look forward to more of such meets in Mumbai. And look forward to the report on the audition/comparison.

I will thank everyone who accepted the invitation & joined the party.
It was nice experience to work with them to whom we never knew personally(only on HFV).:yahoo:
Special thanks to bizare who quicky accepted & allowed to meet at his place.
Thanks to Sachin too who travelled 1.5hr from Dahiser to Vashi with Norge BS.

Denom with sparking Norge amp,Hemant with CDP/DAC & Reju with pioneer 610 & SACDs.
Rajiv to accompany him.

Thanks for everyone who joined even in Hot condition.We were expecting few more members,but couldnt make due to certain reasons.

We take this as a step towards perfect meet next time with more equipments.
We perhaped enjoyed xonar D2X + Norge 2060 + Jamo towers combination the most with almost perfect sound(in said setups).:clapping:

Others pls.write your liked setup.
Thanks.

Hi,

Awesome setup and components, I am leaning more towards stereo of late and looking forward to have a dedicated stereo setup down the road.

Any pictures of you guys? Would like to see you Spiro. Well, if you can ask why would I? Thatz a valid question!

Dont have any apprehension, I will ensure that no one uses the snap later for anything:lol:, all pictures are protected by my coffeeright!

Cheers!

Dear friends, really njoyed myself today at the meet. Thanks Denom, for keeping me in the loop so that I could be there..

Spiro, ur Tannoys rock... and it really is a close call between the Tannoys and the Norge bookshelfs. I think it's a matter of listener's preference.
And ur HTPC has inspired me to seriously consider one myself..

Hey Bizarre, your Jamo floorstanders and Marantz combi are well matched. But we realized today the importance of a good source. And thanks for being the perfect host.The tea was good and thanks for allowing me to keep myself updated on the F1 which was going on live..

Hemant and Reju... ur sources really rock man.. Hemant ur Pioneer CD player is one mean machine, especially that we have to load the cd upside down:). But seriously, a very good cd player. Reju showed us how good the music from a dvd audio sounded.

Sachin,ur norge speakers really have an openness and a nice bassy feel even though they are bookshelfs; especially when paired with the norge 2160 amp.

And Dave, ur Norge is really perfect for you, I dont think I need to say anything further.

Generally speaking, it was a fun evening. We tried to find the best source for audio (the pioneer cdp won, though the pioneer dvdp gave it a run for it's money). We also played the same song in flac, mp3 and cd. Cd won handsomely, and flac huffed and puffed itself to 2nd..

We also tried out a dac against spiro's htpc, the htpc won without breaking into much of a sweat.

PS: None of us are going to listen to Hotel California for a year atleast..

. Hemant ur Pioneer CD player is one mean machine, especially that we have to load the cd upside down::eek:hyeah:..

Yes,that was big joke, Denom put the CD in tray & we were waiting it to play.
Then Hemant said "Are Ulta Dalo,Ye ulta play karta hai"
Do I have to say we laughed there after? :lol:

Spiro, ur Tannoys rock... and it really is a close call between the Tannoys and the Norge bookshelfs:..
I must admit that F1 lacked deep Bass which Norge BS has due to smaller enclosure,but soundstage & vocals are marginally better than Norge.

Last edited:
The next session if you'll wish to have at my place, it will be my pleasure.

V.

Thanks Vinay for that,
this time it was limited only to music & we can plan for HT testing in next meet which can be held at your place.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back