Music system costing around Rs.15000/-

kulkarni.na

Hi,
I am new to this forum and need your expert view.
I am planning to buy a music system for my home.
Could you pl. guide me about the same:
1) Room size- 15 X 12 feet;
2) Budget- around Rs.15,000/-
3) I need USB compatibility;
4) Brands:- Sony/Philips/ Panasonic

Thanks in advance.
- Narendra

Heh this is the wrong place to ask advice on a Sony/Philips etc systems... We aren't too big fans of these systems...

READ the Forum for choices available ....
The nearest which comes to mind for the full set-up is .....

Source - any mass market DVD player - @ 4k
Amplifier - Topping - some models have usb (needs to be imported) - @ 4k landed
Speakers - JBL Control 1 - @ 8k landed

READ the Forum for choices available ....
The nearest which comes to mind for the full set-up is .....

Source - any mass market DVD player - @ 4k
Amplifier - Topping - some models have usb (needs to be imported) - @ 4k landed
Speakers - JBL Control 1 - @ 8k landed

+1

@kulkarni.na: Also, if you are not too enthusiastic about spinning optical discs (I mean playing CDs & DVDs), you can opt for a media player instead of the dvd player. You will get USB compatiblity along with WiFi connectivity if you want.

Hi...

Frankly speaking, your budget is too low for a good hifi music system. However you could assemble a decent system a around 20k.

Consider the following system:

Amplifier - Norge 2030 Stereo Amplifier - around 7k
Speakers - Norge Md.75 Bookshelf Speakers - around 9k
Source - Phillips/Sony/Pioneer mass market dvd player - around 4k

Heh this is the wrong place to ask advice on a Sony/Philips etc systems... We aren't too big fans of these systems...

This is wrong to say. This forum for any hifi enthusiast and there no brand competition here. Members may discuss their choices and preferences suitable to their budget.

Yes, I agree with you that people out here are not too fond of these systems.

This is wrong to say. This forum for any hifi enthusiast and there no brand competition here. Members may discuss their choices and preferences suitable to their budget.

Yes, I agree with you that people out here are not too fond of these systems.

+1 Taurean,

This is not a MUSIC COMPONENT FANS club, to be biased on Brands.Sony, Panasonic,Philips still have good consumer electronic market in India since ages.Any person who are noob of Worlds brands like B&W,Magico,Wilson Audio etc would definitely look for a Foreign brand in India.

As its forum, we can just guide him the best "OUT OF HIS BUDGET and requirement"

Its not good to say "Its wrong place to ask" or "our budget is too low for Hifi"

Instead can say " If you could think of raising the budget a bit, surely can own best of HIfi system for your need"

Sorry if am bit hard,My request is dont make people "With less Budget or less knowledge in AV components" to feel inferior.

They are here as they have a common instrest among us "LOVE MUSIC".So lets share our experience and make them own a good Music setup what we have now:):)

you can check this or some model from Onkyo
cs325_big.jpg

Its comes with/without speaker & sounds good too. :)

Source (Optional) if amplifier is Topping Tp30-

any mass market DVD player - @ 4k

Amplifier

1) Topping TP30 (USD 100) (I own it) - It has a built in USB-DAC. Meaning you can directly connect it with your computer or laptop. I am assuming you have one.
2) Topping Tp20 - It has no USB DAC. It's cheaper than TP30 but then you will have to invest in DVD player
3) Lepai 2020A+ (USD 20) (I own it) - You need to invest in DVD player if you go in for it.

You can get the amplifiers from amazon.com (US) or aliexpress.com (Hongkong). If you get it from aliexpress.com, you will have to pay for only the custom duty around (Rs. 1500 to 2000) (shipping is free)

Speakers

1). Dayton b652 (I own it) - USD 44 from amazon (shipping & custom charges extra)
2). Pyle 3 1/2" (I own it) - USD 34 from amazon (shipping & custom charges extra)

Please go thru the reviews on internet of all the components. They are amazing. And believe me the sound quality makes any audiophile go ga-ga about it.

Kulkarni sir, it will be better if some body can get it for you from the US since there will be no custom duty+shipping charges associated with it.

BTW my room size is 15X16 and I really enjoy listen to the system which costs less than 15K.

If you need more information please let me know.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back