My DIY stainless steel hi-fi racks and stuff

i use this the same concept you have used for shelving in one of my rack designs
but i use teak wood ( as you have suggested to a fellow member) and instead of making a groove i actaully make a PROJECTION because the supporting member is an aluminium extrusions profile with a female slot for this projection to fit into

if you can get a through hole done in the sqaure this should be one of the most technically sound DIY racks ive seen so far

superb work trittya!

it's on his facebook album guys:

Login | Facebook

Yeah I thought so and searched for his profile and got to his home page but his pics were not visible and only his facebook friends could see them. I suggested that he change the settings so that all can see. I think it is done now.

BTW, I made a friend request and he accepted.

@Trittya, lovely pics bud.:clapping:

Guys, Guys,
The snaps are on my facebook profle trittya tunn- just removed all privacy settings so all can see. Sorry for the sweat.
Magmaji
Thanks very much for the pat. Coming from a professional designer/maker like you, I daresay, I do feel smug but then, I have so much to learn from the likes of you. Nevertheless, my "feel-good-factor" is on seventh heaven/cloud nine but I must say, after going thru your product line-up that I am glad I didnt get to know you/about you earlier or else I'd never have built these racks, (perceived) necessity being the eternal mother of invention.
BTW, if you are looking for an original guy who can think "out of the box", I am looking for (a passionate)alternate career. . . .
Regards
Trittya

PS :- Methinx aluminium is best used for aircraft construction. In hi-fi its best suited for heatsinks and cabinets. My two phooti kaudiaan, IMHO

Once you post pics and info, people will say thanks by clicking the "Thanks" button which in turn increases your rep points.

Yeah, I know that, but somehow you didn't even click that button, eh? Yours was the first friend request that I received on this profile, I accepted it though you did not even send me a message telling me that you are our "esteemed moderator" (hail to thee, for that. . .) Tell me something, pal (if at all, i can dare to call you that), Does snobbery come naturally or did you practice hard to be the way you seem to be? And yes, if you did, do let me know whether it was before you were appointed "moderator" or after? Just curious ! The same goes for our friend venkatcr.

One last question, which is probably not included in your terms and conditions -

Who moderates the moderators here?

I know you can ban me from this site for saying this, but then, dude, that would only prove this, QED

If I am I because I am I,
And you are you because you are you,
Then I am and you are.
But If I am I because you are you,
And you are you because I am I,
Then I am not and you are not.
--Rabbi Mendel

Last edited:
I forgot my face book id and password ,i have to sign up again to watch those pictures,ur making life tougher trittya;-)

canduu - one doesnt need to be registered on facebook to see an album..
trittya - there is a public link at the very bottom of the album.. only you'd be able to see it as its your album.

@Trittya: I was very curious to see your creation and added you as a friend in an instant in FB. if you were not sure whom I am, you could have denied my friendship request or sent a reply. It does not warrant you posting unruly messages on my Facebook wall calling me a "Snob" and telling the world various things just because I didn't introduce myself in the request. It was very immature for you to post on my Wall were my entire family and friends are subscribed and call me Snob for no good reason and when you hardly know me.

Respect people's privacy and posts. If you think it was good humor, sorry I do not digest someone calling me a snob in front of my near and dear. From now, if someone from HFV adds you on FB and you have problem with that person email them or send a message to them instead of posting crap about them in their wall. I find your gesture cheap and disgusting.

Infact, in HFV I have been thanking for your suggestions and was one of the first to subscribe to you thread. I am totally surprised on why you would make a statement like this:
"Tell me something, pal (if at all, i can dare to call you that),Does snobbery come naturally or did you practice hard to be the way you seem to be?And yes,if you did, do let me know whether it was before you were appointed "moderator"?Just curious!The same goes for our friend venkatcr."

What was that I did which makes me the Snob you call me so. I looking forward to hearing what is that I did that warrants such a statement on FB Wall!!!

It was good to know you and your creations. Good bye.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that, but somehow you didn't even click that button, eh? Yours was the first friend request that I received on this profile, I accepted it though you did not even send me a message telling me that you are our "esteemed moderator" (hail to thee, for that. . .) Tell me something, pal (if at all, i can dare to call you that), Does snobbery come naturally or did you practice hard to be the way you seem to be? And yes, if you did, do let me know whether it was before you were appointed "moderator" or after? Just curious ! The same goes for our friend venkatcr.

One last question, which is probably not included in your terms and conditions -

Who moderates the moderators here?

Troll Alert !!

@Trittya: You dont need to go overboard with apologies :) I was more upset because I have always ensured I moderate HFV in the right spirit and was appalled when you had sent me a post like that with no reason. I will reply to your PM. I understand it was a simple misunderstanding. No issues mate. Continue your DIY efforts in HFV and bring us more knowledge.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back