My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

Umapathi@ seen that you are driving your DX1 with Denon 1713 avr. The Dx1 is a 4 ohms impedance speaker as per the specs. Does the amp get hot while playing watching movies of say 3hrs or so. Planning to buy the same combo for a freind. Would appreciate some feedback on this

Just wondering if it makes sense to wait for the next gen of denon avrs. What hifi has given a five star rating to the x2000 model which is the successor to the 2113. Also the1713 does not pass 4k signals which even a low end model of Yamaha 373 does.
How important is it from a 5 year perspective.

Just wondering if it makes sense to wait for the next gen of denon avrs. What hifi has given a five star rating to the x2000 model which is the successor to the 2113. Also the1713 does not pass 4k signals which even a low end model of Yamaha 373 does.
How important is it from a 5 year perspective.

If you can afford a 4k tv, you should as well buy the costliest amp available :)

Maybe not today but weren't there similar apprehensions about 3d? Over the last 1 year or so 3 d caught most of us unawares..

Maybe not today but weren't there similar apprehensions about 3d? Over the last 1 year or so 3 d caught most of us unawares..

LG has a 4k tv. 84 inch I suppose. It's costing 17 Lakhs in India. I don't think it will be anywhere close to affordable prices even in 5 years time. When I say affordable, it's to the average Indians and not millionaires.

Umapathi@ seen that you are driving your DX1 with Denon 1713 avr. The Dx1 is a 4 ohms impedance speaker as per the specs. Does the amp get hot while playing watching movies of say 3hrs or so. Planning to buy the same combo for a freind. Would appreciate some feedback on this
Hi firend,
I have never faced any problem.Sometime I have used it for about 8 to 10 Hrs enjoying music and movies continuously without any difficulty or hot AVR.I have checked several reviews and nobody seen facing such problems..

Thanks Umapati for the feedback. Normally 4ohms speaker are hard to drive with 8ohms receivers and are not recommended.Most of the user reviews of DX1 are good and will audition sometime this week.Would not like to take a chance as this is for a friend and do not want to go wrong

Guys,

I have a query wrt to my wiring diagram..

The back end work for the panel for the LED and the racks below it are ready. It may so happen that the interior guy has goofed up my design.

he has ensured that HDMI-1 is already passed through, but he hasn't passed Optical Cable-6 and HDMI-2.

Q-1 If he cant do that now, does that mean that I will have to switch On my AVR each time I want to use the STB?

Q-2 I may also not be able to Audio OUT the LED to the AVR

It seems there are vertical wooden slots behind the front panel, so even if there is a hole to push in the 2 cables, they can be routed to the middle or the right end (where the STB sits in the enclosure)

So please comment, if this is an issue, also then suggest any work around..

Attachments

• Home Theater Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Home Theater Wiring Diagram.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 134
Its the next 2-3 weeks that will define what setup gets finalised for my new home.

Its been a long 2 months read ask and research status and now its time to go for the final last sprint..
Its been amazing learning form you all experts..

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, my wiring question asked above still looms as a problem over my head.. Please provide your valuable inputs..

Cheers..

Hello All,

The latest price for Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1 (white) is 85,000 by Beats99 in Mumbai
and if I go for Klipsch Quintet 5.1 its 93,000

Anyone getting a better deal, please let me know..

I have to buy it n next 2-3 days..

Hey Umapati,

Please let me know where did you buy your system from in Mumbai. the prices you mentiones seem quite reasonable and I am planning to buy one system soon.

Thanks,
Ratish

Hey Umapati,

Please let me know where did you buy your system from in Mumbai. the prices you mentiones seem quite reasonable and I am planning to buy one system soon.

Thanks,
Ratish
I have purchased it from Designer Audio-Tardeo Mumbai..But in recent times prices have gone up considerably..

Can anyone confirm if the DX-1 is available in White finish as well?

Some ppl are saying it doesn't come in white at all. Designer Audio said it will be available End of July.
Denon 1713 - 36500
Wharfs DX-1 59000
Total: 95,500

10% flat discount on the package which leaves it at 85,950

This is too much..

DX MRP has shot up? It was selling for Rs40000 in Delhi. I bought 1713 for Rs30000. You can try Bass'n'Treble in Delhi if you have some arrangement. He may even ship. As per him there were just 4 sets left with Importer. He picked all four. I also picked a White set from him.

Can anyone confirm if the DX-1 is available in White finish as well?

Some ppl are saying it doesn't come in white at all. Designer Audio said it will be available End of July.
Denon 1713 - 36500
Wharfs DX-1 59000
Total: 95,500

10% flat discount on the package which leaves it at 85,950

This is too much..

Wow ! That's a steep increase of 23% from the group buy rate of Rs 69650 few months ago.

These speakers sold must have been imported at a Good price when Pound was around Rs 75. Currently the Rupee has been pounded. The best bet would be to locate a dealer with Old stock. (That's why I suggested Bass'n'Treble. He had bought 4 Sets. (Me and Angy picked one each. So he should still be left with one or two sets)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back