My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

These speakers sold must have been imported at a Good price when Pound was around Rs 75. Currently the Rupee has been pounded. The best bet would be to locate a dealer with Old stock. (That's why I suggested Bass'n'Treble. He had bought 4 Sets. (Me and Angy picked one each. So he should still be left with one or two sets)

Just spoke to Bass'n' Treble the best price is 82,700 incl shipping to Mumbai for the Denon. The Wharfs would be provided locally in Mumbai by their distributor..

Got a quote from a local Electronics shop that they can provide me the Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1 combination for nett 77,200 incl shipping within Mumbai.

Just waiting for the confirmation if the Wharfs are white colour.

Try and talk to Sahakar Electronics too - They too are dealers of Wharfs I think (not sure whether they deal in Denon as they're official dealers for Yamaha)

Got a quote from a local Electronics shop that they can provide me the Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1 combination for nett 77,200 incl shipping within Mumbai.

Just waiting for the confirmation if the Wharfs are white colour.

Be quick with whatever you want. The Rupee is shaking like hell. (Also check the Tannoy HTS-101 if it is still available for Rs 45K. I liked the sound but settled onto Wharf because of White Color)

BI liked the sound but settled onto Wharf because of White Color)

I am also pitching for the white in Wharfs.. Else it going to difficult to decide between a Black Wharf DX1 and Tannoy HTS 101..

Will come to know today about the availability of the white DX1

Seems like all Wharfs DX1 are sold off. New stock available only in 3rd week of July.

A few dealers recommending me Monitor Vector 10 and also Wharfs MS100.

Is it worth the wait or should I go for some other speakers?

If you can compromise on White colour and Missing Wall brackets, Tannoy HTS-101 sounded better to me.

Really? Did you get them?

I had auditioned them a few weeks ago, but then after listening to wharfs I liked them, though 2/3 guys persistent pushed for the Tannoys.

Plan to hear the DX1 once again this week, will check out the HTS as well.

Really? Did you get them?

I had auditioned them a few weeks ago, but then after listening to wharfs I liked them, though 2/3 guys persistent pushed for the Tannoys.

Plan to hear the DX1 once again this week, will check out the HTS as well.

I went for Wharf's purely due to Colour. (I bought the Wharf without audition since it was not available). But I had tried the Tannoy. Tannoy was available for Rs 45K while I bought the Wharf for 39.5K. Now if the Wharf is 52K and Tannoy is still 45K, then it is a better buy. Also I think it sounded slightly better.

Both were the products of the year in WHATHIFI. (Wharf in 2011 and Tannoy in 2012 - I think)

Thanks Matoind..

I will surely look out for the HTS.. and anyways I don't want to wait for more than 2 weeks max for the white Wharfs..

Hello,
I wrote to the wharfedale guys in UK and asked for the total shipping costs to India for a White DX1..

The combined cost for shipping to India via DHL AIR including online tracking, loss by carrier insured, signed delivery/collection after all VAT allowances for a Wharfedale DX-1 HCP 5.1 Speaker Package (Gloss White) is 556.60 GBP (51,102.54 INR)

VAT has been removed from the product(s) and shipping total adjusted accordingly

Please note this does not include any possible local Customs delays etc:

Any idea what kind of Customs I may have to pay on this? I plan to ask for delivery in Navi Mumbai/Pune to avoid octroi...

Last edited:
The breakup of costs for shipping DX-1 to India

Attachments

• DX1 Quote.jpg
    DX1 Quote.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 202
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and HT field as well, i was going through the forum last couple of months.

Currently i am not having any receiver or speakers. 2 months back i thought to go for a home theater, i started researching. after lot of reading (mostly on this forum) finally i decided to go for Denon 1713 and wharfedale dx -1. So last night i went to few shops for demo.

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they don't have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Option 1 : To buy denon 1713 seperatly - 1700AED

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 2 : Buy onkyo tx nr 515 - 800AED (this is the promotion, normal price of this is 1700AED)

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 3 : In another shop there is a package as this

Yamaha RXV 475 + Polk Audio TL 1600 - 2500AED

While i was reading on the forums, i started to love denon. but if tx nr 515 is good receiver, i will go for it since it save much money.
have anyone of you demoed with NR 515 with Wharfedale dx-1?

i want to get better sound quality Home theater for 70% of movies and 30% of music. not interested on so many HDMI, networking, 4K, Multiple Zone options.

Appreciate your help since i am new to field.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

latest news on DX1 (please correct if this is not right)

Sahakar Electronics confirmed to me that DX1 will be available in Mumbai only by End August. To add to that, he said, the 59k price will increase be around 63k.. MRP ofcousre.. not sure that will be the actual discounted offer

Now assuming, this is right, can anyone please give their opinion on my thought to opt for Wharfs MS100 44k-MRP (This is also available in white, like I wanted)
For a 220-240 sq.ft. hall, would this be sufficient, combined with a Denon 1713 or a X1000 as the latest model is..

If expert opinion is to go ahead, then I will book it in 2-3 days..

Hey Guys,

latest news on DX1 (please correct if this is not right)

Sahakar Electronics confirmed to me that DX1 will be available in Mumbai only by End August. To add to that, he said, the 59k price will increase be around 63k.. MRP ofcousre.. not sure that will be the actual discounted offer

Now assuming, this is right, can anyone please give their opinion on my thought to opt for Wharfs MS100 44k-MRP (This is also available in white, like I wanted)
For a 220-240 sq.ft. hall, would this be sufficient, combined with a Denon 1713 or a X1000 as the latest model is..

If expert opinion is to go ahead, then I will book it in 2-3 days..

You are correct with both pricing and availability. I got same information from Designer Audio Mumbai.

DX-1 is not available anywhere for audition. And with the revised pricing, MS-100 looks much better option. Personally for me subwoofer of MS-100 is a real downer, it just lacks that punch. If I'm right that sub is only 75 RMS, atleast sounded like.

I am told by Designer Audio that MS-100 will be just fine for around 250 sq.ft. room, although I have my doubt.

I am also considering Paradigm CT 100, similar to DX-1 price range.
Really liked the sound clarity, bass, overall throw and more than cabapble to fill big size room.

Hi.. I have posted on this thread else where about the DX1 package's sonic performance. It is a real great value equipment.

However my post here is a bit different in nature.. We will be relocating next year out of India and I will be starting selling all my equipment listed in my signature starting from Dec/Jan. In case any one is keen and have patience to wait, they can hold on.

To Mods.. I am not explicitly selling anything yet, and so I have not posted it in Classifieds section yet. But, if you find my post inappropriate here, apologies and kindly remove it.

Finally today I bought "Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1" after long research, auditioning Home theater as many as possible and lots of help from valued forum members Jaivelu and Rupam so many other friends in this forum.

avr1713lg.jpg

dx1hcplrg.jpg

elavr1713e2bkrt1.jpg

Will be getting my system tomorrow, but as I am going out of station tomorrow.Will post other pictures and review in next week..

Initially I started with a plan to buy either Denon 1312XP Or Onkyo 4505, but after auditioning both of them and lots of discussion in this forum I made up my mind to increase my budget and go for separates.Then my journey began..:)

As I was looking for Airplay and internet radio in my AVR I finally decided to go for Denon 1713.

Then I shortlisted:
Polk audio 1600
Jamo 102 with 210 Subwoofer
As I was about to take decision for any one of them,a most valuable suggestion came from our forum friend "Jaivelu" to for Wharfedale DX1..:)..Thanks a ton Jaivelu for this final nail in the coffin..

Today i went to audition it and I was so impressed that I immediately finalized it and bought it.
Initially dealer showed me the blue ray of "Avengers" and then "Avatar"..DX1 had deep bass,warm sound and clear in high frequency also.In audio we listened to songs of Parinita,Swades, Lagaan and some hip hop and pop songs.I was very much satisfied with audio quality in every details.

I am really very happy and very excited to receive my HT system.Will post some other pictures of my set up and review soon.

Credits: Jaivelu, Rupam..

Hi umapati,

After going through your post, i have decided to go for Denon 1713+Wharfedale DX 1. But when i go to one shop, he have 1713 + Wharfedale DX 1 and 1713 + Definitive procinema 600 for same price.
Also shop guy is suggesting me to go for definitive and telling it is better than wharfedale. i listened both several times and couldn't find a difference. but my wife is telling wharfedale is better.

Did you get any chance to audition 1713 with definitive. please suggest me which speaker i should select from these 2. both are same price.

Thanks,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back