My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

deepak..
use 6 ch source(downloaded dts encoded/tatasky hd star movies/origianl disks) and via optical or hdmi....
belive me you will be more than happy..sources and route play a very very major role

Last edited:
deepak..
use 6 ch source(downloaded dts encoded/tatasky hd star movies/origianl disks) and via optical or hdmi....
belive me you will be more than happy..sources and route play a very very major role

Do we get a good surround sound experience when playing downloaded br-rips on these HT setups?? Or only original DVD and Blurays give the required output??

Would be very disappointing if the downloaded bluray rips (with 6 ch sound) do not sound great :(!

use dts encoded or ac3 around 5 GB walas..
sufficeint
of course more size.....more better

in fact in original 6 ch recordings..there are not always the surrounds sounding....in some particuler sequences suroounds come into action.....they remain silent maximum time...center player a very big big role...
so if you have not finalised ur set up yet..consider bs and centre first..with present budhet....get sub and rears later..
like wharfedale diamond 10 series....than the total 5.1 packaged set ups

Last edited:
Yes, couple with yamaha AVR and you are set for a treat.

Please elaborate what model of Yamaha are we talking of here...

The Final decision/hurdle..

1. Denon 1713 + Wharfedale DX1 package

2. Denon 1713 + Paradigm CT 400 for Front L+R and Center + CT 100/200 for Rear L+R

3. Denon 1713 + Tannoy HTS101 package

4. Yamaha (????) + Wharfedale DX1 package

Assuming budget is not the criteria, which one would be a superb experience (Movies=Music) and hopefully future proof for some time..

I have to decide in 2 weeks max..

Thanks a lot in advance toall for their two bits..

Ash

Yamaha 473 or 573 would do the job.

Since you mentioned budget is not a constraint , Did u audition definitive technology procinema speakers?

@Kittu,

Thanks a lot..

I haven't auditioned definitive technology procinema speakers yet. I guess I will try them too..

@Prosenjit,

I understand that the Diamond 10.1 are not that great for the price and that competition is better off in that price range.

After discussing with my better half, whose has a good ear to details and also auditioned with me..(2 Rookies making a calculated decision based on audio prefs :D)

Hope the AVR is good to go with these speakers.. (No lack of power to speakers or alternatively too much to make the speakers vibrate)

OR
2. Denon 1713 + Tannoy HTS101 package

P.S. The "no budget constraint" criteria has been revoked and saved money now re-assigned to other home (read personal & kitchen) purchases..:mad:

Will now have to go and buy soon...:yahoo:

@Prosenjit,

I understand that the Diamond 10.1 are not that great for the price and that competition is better off in that price range.

After discussing with my better half, whose has a good ear to details and also auditioned with me..(2 Rookies making a calculated decision based on audio prefs :D)

Hope the AVR is good to go with these speakers.. (No lack of power to speakers or alternatively too much to make the speakers vibrate)

OR
2. Denon 1713 + Tannoy HTS101 package

P.S. The "no budget constraint" criteria has been revoked and saved money now re-assigned to other home (read personal & kitchen) purchases..:mad:

Will now have to go and buy soon...:yahoo:

So the right time to move to these two threads:

tannoy 5.1 hts 101 vs WHARFEDALE DX1 HCP | AVForums.com - UK Online

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/36432-choosing-between-wharfdale-dx1-tannoy-hts-101-a-3.html

:p

Personally I would suggest DX-1 (am myself going for it :yahoo:)

@Angy,

Thanks for that ..that was quite a read...

But here he is recommending the Yamaha AVR. In a few other articles as well I heard good reviews about the Yamaha 373/473.

What about that combo?? Yamaha +Wharfs... What's your combo with the DX1?

Once this is finalised.. I have to move on to a LED, a BDP & a Laptop (mostly MacBook) selection...

Pheww....

Ash

@Angy,

Thanks for that ..that was quite a read...

But here he is recommending the Yamaha AVR. In a few other articles as well I heard good reviews about the Yamaha 373/473.

What about that combo?? Yamaha +Wharfs... What's your combo with the DX1?

Once this is finalised.. I have to move on to a LED, a BDP & a Laptop (mostly MacBook) selection...

Pheww....

Ash

I am going for Denon 1713. I seem to have a soft corner for denon somehow :)!

for those who only watch movies..
a pj is the best buy..why waste some money in double devices..

yes for common use..like news..regional programms etc..serials..
a tv shd be first...pj second for special purpose

Also need guidance for the brand and guage of wires that I should buy.

Ash
I have used "DAC SPK18 AWG OFC DUAL SPEAKER CABLE" but if the distance between speakers is more you can buy SPK16 AWG.For subwoofer I have used "DAC AVX02W SUBWOOFER CABLE"..All these cables are available on Hifimart.

for those who only watch movies..
a pj is the best buy
I agree!!!!
:cheers:

Infact my desire to buy a pj has arisen from the purchase of the speakerset!!! A 42 inch led would not justify the epic wharfedale DX-1 ;)!!! The sitting area is anyways not suited for a pj (viewing distance is just 8ft while the wall to wall distance is 10ft)...but I guess we will manage ;)

yes manage it bro....and you will really never regret..
i just answered in a diff thread..

that my pj is only diy..far miles behind a epson or optoma...
in spite of this fact
my tv remains unused..
big screen exp is very addictive...and immersive without any doubt...

Hi guys,
Just wanted some opinions on the what to expect from the speakers in the area where they would be setup (am a little worried since it is not a closed out room). Basically, the speakers would be setup in the living room which is an L shaped room. This L shaped room further opens up to a dining room. The wall to wall distance from then TV wall (where the front speakers would be setup) to the back wall (where surround speakers would be setup) is 10ft, while the width of the wall where the front speakers would be setup is 7.5ft.

Here are some pics of the room:

1) TV Area:

View attachment 9743

2) TV Wall:
View attachment 9746

3) Back wall:

View attachment 9744

4) Same area with curtains:

View attachment 9749

5) Adjoining Dining Area:

View attachment 9745

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back