My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

@Prosenjit,

I had a projector (Infocus IN76) in my current home along with a Bose LifeStyle, but its isn't feasible length wise in the living room in the new place, due to the interior design.... so sold that and will do with the LED in the new place..

Its indeed a superb experience..

I have used "DAC SPK18 AWG OFC DUAL SPEAKER CABLE" but if the distance between speakers is more you can buy SPK16 AWG.For subwoofer I have used "DAC AVX02W SUBWOOFER CABLE"..All these cables are available on Hifimart.

What banana plugs are you using? Is it necessary to use them? Also, does it matter what the length of the sub-woofer cable is (need something longer than 5 meters)?

Are any wall brackets (with swivel) included in the DX-1 package??

angy have you bought your system?
You actually don't need the bannana plugs to use higher quality (lower Gauge wire (AWG 18, 14, 12 etc smaller number means thicker wire). But the bannana plug is an add on to the cable that makes connecting and disconnecting much easier. Instead of having to unscrew the the 5-in-1 connector and twisting the wire to make it slide in and then tightening down the thumb screw the bannana plug is a one time termination you attach to the cable which allows you to simply plug in or unplug the cable. You will not have to mess with the thumbscrew or try to feed thick wires through small eye holes without the strands going all over the place. Very nice to have the plugs but not necessary.

Yes, you can run very long sub cable lengths. Get a good quality cable from hifimart. I'm using a DAC subwoofer cable good quality but VFM.

angy have you bought your system?
You actually don't need the bannana plugs to use higher quality (lower Gauge wire (AWG 18, 14, 12 etc smaller number means thicker wire). But the bannana plug is an add on to the cable that makes connecting and disconnecting much easier. Instead of having to unscrew the the 5-in-1 connector and twisting the wire to make it slide in and then tightening down the thumb screw the bannana plug is a one time termination you attach to the cable which allows you to simply plug in or unplug the cable. You will not have to mess with the thumbscrew or try to feed thick wires through small eye holes without the strands going all over the place. Very nice to have the plugs but not necessary.

Yes, you can run very long sub cable lengths. Get a good quality cable from hifimart. I'm using a DAC subwoofer cable good quality but VFM.

Thanks Rupam for the explanation :clapping:!! I have purchased the system but have not yet got the delivery. The dealer said it will take 4-5 days for the speakers to arrive. I was gonna buy the DAC AVX02W from hifimart, but the max size they had is 5 meters. I might need more incase I need the sub near the couch (as I would have to route it through the balcony in front of the tv room in order to hide the cables from my naughty pups ;))

I guess il just visit one of the hifi showrooms to get a longer one.

Edit: Are wall brackets included with these speakers (DX-1)??

Last edited:
Thanks Rupam for the explanation :clapping:!! I have purchased the system but have not yet got the delivery. The dealer said it will take 4-5 days for the speakers to arrive. I was gonna buy the DAC AVX02W from hifimart, but the max size they had is 5 meters. I might need more incase I need the sub near the couch (as I would have to route it through the balcony in front of the tv room in order to hide the cables from my naughty pups ;))

I guess il just visit one of the hifi showrooms to get a longer one.

Edit: Are wall brackets included with these speakers (DX-1)??

Ya..Wall brackets are included in the package and in fact they are very nice.You can move your speakers to any angle - its a universal bracket..And I think you can buy customized length of sub woofer cable from Designer Audio Mumbai..They are the manufacturer of DAC cable. (Designer Audio Cables).You can call them at 022-23520320/23524443

Last edited:
Ya..Wall brackets are included in the package and in fact they are very nice.You can move your speakers to any angle - its a universal bracket..And I think you can buy customized length of sub woofer cable from Designer Audio Mumbai..They are the manufacturer of DAC cable. (Designer Audio Cables).You can call them at 022-23520320/23524443

But do they ship them to Delhi? I think il just ask the dealer to bring his wire initially, and then accordingly buy the ideal length. So incase the sub placement next to the couch does not work out, I might not need a long cable.

Nice to know about the brackets :)!!!! So moving the speakers in any angle means I can tilt the speakers inwards, outwards, downward or upward at any angle I need??? IF possible (and if you dont mind :)) could you upload a pic of these brackets?

But do they ship them to Delhi? I think il just ask the dealer to bring his wire initially, and then accordingly buy the ideal length. So incase the sub placement next to the couch does not work out, I might not need a long cable.

Nice to know about the brackets :)!!!! So moving the speakers in any angle means I can tilt the speakers inwards, outwards, downward or upward at any angle I need??? IF possible (and if you dont mind :)) could you upload a pic of these brackets?
Yes you can..:) as it has spherical pivot.. I have attached herewith the pictures for your reference..

img0651yv.jpg

img0652pfs.jpg

Thanks Rupam for the explanation :clapping:!! I have purchased the system but have not yet got the delivery. The dealer said it will take 4-5 days for the speakers to arrive.

Yay!!! Am as excited to see the pics of your set up as I would be when my order gets delivered.. Have to wait till interior work happens and then order. No place to keep the boxes

Yay!!! Am as excited to see the pics of your set up as I would be when my order gets delivered.. Have to wait till interior work happens and then order. No place to keep the boxes

Cant wait myself :licklips:!!

I was also looking at designing the TV table, but had a few queries with respect to the AVR & Sub spacing. Does the AVR need a lot of open space around it, or can I place it in a shelf?? Also, is it ok to keep the sub in a 3 sided (left, right and top) enclosure??

Angy,

All AVRs as I read on this forum itself are warm when they start off and then get hotter. So we need to keep the AVR well ventilated..

I am also going to make a Front only open enclosure in the media cabinet under the LED.

I guess this shouldn't give any problems..

Angy,

All AVRs as I read on this forum itself are warm when they start off and then get hotter. So we need to keep the AVR well ventilated..

I am also going to make a Front only open enclosure in the media cabinet under the LED.

I guess this shouldn't give any problems..

Thanks!! I guess I will get a front only open cabinet myself and put some holes at the back for some air to pass through!!

GUys,

A little more details in this cabinet and enclsoure discussion..

Denon 1713 and the Panasonic BDT220

1. Can I place the the BDT on top of the AVR In my cabinet? Has anyone done anything similar?
So I will get my interior guy to make an enclosure accordingly.

2. What should be the front facing material for the Sub woofer enclosure? Pls advise..

Ash

Hello,

I just got a budgetary quote for my AVR + Speaker combination. Please comment what should be the negotiated/discounted price

Denon Avr 2113: 49,900
Tannoy HTS 101: 52000 OR Wharfedale DX1: 45,000
Speaker Cable DAC SPK16: 85 per Mt
HDMI 3M: 1800
HDMI 1M: 3600
Sub Cable 3M: 600

Total 1,07900 (with Tannoy) OR 1,00900 (with Wharfedale DX1)

Ash

You should get Wharfedale DX1 around 40K, it is also available on hifi mart, you can ask them for 10% discount for only speakers and 15% if you are buying avr + speakers

Just read that DX-1 is rated at 4 OHMS. Is Denon 1713 powerful enough to drive these speakers well???? Am worried a bit now after reading all the articles on 4 vs 8 OHMS. All of them state that you need a powerful AVR to drive them. I have already placed an order for 1713 + DX-1.....:(

Just read that DX-1 is rated at 4 OHMS. Is Denon 1713 powerful enough to drive these speakers well???? Am worried a bit now after reading all the articles on 4 vs 8 OHMS. All of them state that you need a powerful AVR to drive them. I have already placed an order for 1713 + DX-1.....:(

In reality your Denon 1713 will be more than sufficient for DX-1. Don't break your head about OHMs. For DX-1 its powerful enough.

You left Onkyo then .....;)

It should be around 31500. But most dealers are still quoting as 32k.

Got it for 30300 from bass and treble. But then again...it was with the speaker package. Total cost for the whole package was 70300 (i.e. 69600 + 1% for credit card payment).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back