My First HT Room !!!

Update:

Bought and installed A/C (Bluestar) :D
Ordered Recliner Chairs local made quality is good, very cheap directly from the manufacturer, ordered immediately. The committed date was today for the delivery of chairs, I thought to update with pics, but the manufacturer wanted time till Friday. so, delivery of chairs will be on Friday.

I will update with more pics as soon as I get the chairs :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Pl share the details of manufacturer. Is the same one who is posting
regularly on olx and quikr ?

Update:

Bought and installed A/C (Bluestar) :D
Ordered Recliner Chairs local made quality is good, very cheap directly from the manufacturer, ordered immediately. The committed date was today for the delivery of chairs, I thought to update with pics, but the manufacturer wanted time till Friday. so, delivery of chairs will be on Friday.

I will update with more pics as soon as I get the chairs :)

Cheers,
Aditya
Great! Pics and price please :)

Pl share the details of manufacturer. Is the same one who is posting
regularly on olx and quikr ?

Hi,
I dont know who u r referring to in olx and quickr .... I have seen couple of guys in there, one among them is the one I ordered from. His name in olx is Abbas and his unit is in Attapur, his contact details:
Zohair Abbas - 09642078180
I went there checked everything and then ordered.

Hope that helps, let me know if u need anything else :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Finally !!!!

Everything is in place :)
Still need some work on hanging those rear speakers on side walls, but am happy for time being.

Here are pics:
DFeIE7N.jpg

Time for paying a visit to your place, ofcourse, if you don't mind that.

Hello Koushik,
ofcourse u can visit :)
PM and we can plan, there is another member from this forum who wanted to visit, I was caught up with work and couldnt plan that, i will inform him also about it, we all can plan it in sometime next weekend.
PM me ur number as well.

Cheers,
Aditya

I bought Big Hero 6 3D, which I received yesterday :D
Watched it after installing everything.
It was a wonderful experience with everything in place. Movie was good :)
Can't wait to finish work and go home today :D
I forgot that Avengers: Age of Ultron released and I planned to go watch it today :D maybe next week :D

Cheers,
Aditya

Last edited:
Congrats, cool pics. I think room acoustics can wait. You first get your speakers and amp. Not sure if other experts would agree [emoji1]

Congrats, cool pics. I think room acoustics can wait. You first get your speakers and amp. Not sure if other experts would agree [emoji1]

haha, yes I thought so, to get speakers first ..... but again, budget matters, acoustics might be cheaper so thought to get them first :D hehe

So, any suggestions for speakers or should I go with Klipsch Reference series ?

Cheers,
Aditya

true. i m one of the disagreeing ones.:D

I for one genuinely believe in the significance of an acoustic room. It always should be before speakers. May be most will disagree with me but i certainly believe that the true impact of any speaker no matter how expensive is measureable only relatively with others if the room is not treated well. In order to get what that speaker can actually deliver in absolute terms undiluted and uncompromised, its worth it to have acoustic treatment no matter how expensive.

I came to that conslusion after years of changing speakers and trying to get sound at my home close to theatrical quality. I realised no matter what i do its just not possible. You cannot remove the imbalance of mid highs and lows , boomyness of bass and uneven crosover unless and untill i treat the room. Multiplexes are able to treat the auditoriums by professionals and hence obviously they sound so well balanced in all these aspects.

Btw, this does not mean i have one. Infact its the other way round. Because I take acoustic trreatement so seriously, i refused to make any investment on AVR/speakers. (I dont have own house yet so dont have freedom to treat my room). Hence I just have a bare minimum 5.1 computer speaker which i use for HT. And that too simply because at the least i want to listen to movies the way they are recorded - in 5 directional sound + subwoofer.

Last edited:
Thanks htfan,
it was the other reason I was gonna post, I wanted to get the acoustics done. I have no experience in acoustics, I want to start experimenting on it, before I plan for my own house, I can get all the knowledge about acoustics and in my own house I will plan perfectly :D

Cheers to all :)
Aditya

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back