My ht setup

aminder

Banned
Banned
hi everybody

i would like to share my setup details and pics with all of you any one having any questions regarding the setup plz feel free to ask me

SPEAKERS
Custom built speakers
FRONTS : feature twin front and back firing neodium ring radiator tweeters from sb

acoustics and kevalar hand woven cone mids from peerless denmark in MTM configuration

plus non pressed paper cone woofers
CENTER: featureS twin ring radiators( centre offset) and kevlar mids in mtm

configuration
SURROUNDS: similar tweeters and mids in Dipole/Bipole diffusing setup
FRONT HEIGHTS / BACK HEIGHTS : similar drivers in bookshelf directional straight

firing setup
SUBWOOFER 1: YAMAHA YST 315
SUBWOOFER 2: 2 CUSTOM BUILT SUBS BASED ON A POPULAR OLD HSU DESIGN THESE BEASTS PLAY

AT 18HZ
TACTILE TRASDUCERS:
BUTTKICKER LFE KITS POWERED BY BUTTKICKER AMP
AURA BASS SHAKERS X 2
AV RECIEVERS:
yamaha rx-v3900 (FOR FR,FL,C,SL,SR,FR HEIGHT, FL HEIGHT)
Yamaha rx-v1600 ( FOR PROCESSING AMD POWERING REAR HEIGHTS BOTH L AND R)
Yamaha rx-v800 ( FOR POWERING CUSTOM SUBS AND AURA BASS SHAKERS)

MISC PROCESSORS
Velodyne sms-1 BASS MANAGER FOR ALL THE SUBS

YAMAHA 10 + 10 BAND GRAPHIC EQ FOR MUSIC

REKHORN F1 FOR AURA BASS SHAKERS
REKHORN B2 FOR CUSTOM SUBS
VIDEO PROCESSORS:

Dvdo edge ABT video processor

Cyp instant HQV realta VIDEO PROCESSOR

BOTH OF THESE PROCESSORS WORK AT THE SAME TIME AND DO WHAT EACH OF THEM DOES BEST
DVDO FOR UPSCALING AND multi-directional diagonal filtering
HQV REALTA FOR 4D per pixel motion adaptive noise reduction AND AWSOME PICTURE

PROCESSING(COLOR MANAGMENT ETC)

PLAYERS:
Popcorn Hour C-200 MEDIA PLAYER
Samsung bluray bdp-1500
Toshiba HD E1 HDDVD
SAMSUNG DVD PLAYER
Custom HTPC IN A COOLER MASTER CABINET

POWER MANAGEMENT:
APC power conditioner/backup

PROJECTION EQUIPMENT:
Panoview motorized screen 16:9 WIDESCREEN MATTE WHITE
Panasonic ax200 projector

REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEM
Philips pronto tsu9400
Philips rfx9400 WIFI FOR PRONTO
IR DISTRIBUTION KIT

LIGHTING
Lutron dimmer
Luminance mood lighting(CAN DO 64K SHADES)
CRABTREE AURA IWS

TV:
lg 42in lcd

MISC:
SONY 7IN LCD MONITOR FOR SETUP USED WITH VELODYNE AND YAMAHA AV RECIEVERS
COOLER MASTER COOLING EQUIPMENT FOR AV CABINET COOLING
heavy carpets , drapes or sound diffusers recommended for acoustical treatmets

:eek: you have a hifivision store there.... common seriously thats like 10 ht setups in one place :p

:cool: Over all its XXXXXXX cool...

DSC01706.jpg

You have the equipment but the space dynamics are totally overlooked/ignored/absent.

I would strongly suggest finding a different room to eliminate diminishing returns of that equipment in such a wall to wall state.

Bass in corners of walls... that to two of them..and towers in front of them is a 50+50 negative corelation of low frequencies.

The flower vase on a tower infront of a sub = risk of damaging your tower aswell as the sub cone.

hi core element

with all that equipment do you think i would have had ignored the room acoustics

i am quite aware of the fact about how bass sounds in a particular room and what are the effects of positioning a sub and so i did a lot of experimentation b4 putiing the subs where they are

these are the rules and steps i followed

*lower frequencies are non directional.

*There are two phenomena to consider when you chose a place for a subwoofer, one is interferences, which in this case means that the direct radiation from the subwoofer is mixed with reflections from adjacent surfaces (especially floor, rear wall and side wall), in or out of phase. What is coming in phase with the direct radiation will reinforce the sound and what is coming out of phase will weaken or cancel the sound.

*A subwoofer can be considered corner placed for the entire working range if the driver is placed less than 53 cm from the corner.

*The "best" way to excite room resonances is to place the loudspeaker close to a corner. Corner placement may initially appear the worst possible place considering room resonances, but this is to jump to conclusions. By choosing a corner placement you excite all existing resonances in the room and the frequency response will not become appreciable inferior compared to a completely free placement. The share of "true" direct radiation versus stored energy in the room resonances will in fact remain in the same magnitude as for a properly freely placed loudspeaker, but it really takes that the subwoofer is close to the corner in the entire working range, because when the reflexes from the corner begin to arrive in opposite phase at higher frequencies, the sound will be immensely distorted. A full range speaker should never be placed in a corner

*If we have two subwoofers in the same horizontal direction instead, but one placed on the floor and one up against the ceiling, the vertical standing wave will disappear

*An interesting side effect of placing the subwoofer in a corner is that the distortion is lowered significantly. The cause for this is that you get a reinforcement of fundamental tones from all the reflections in phase from the adjacent surfaces, while harmonics (which is distortion when it comes to a steeply low pass filtered subwoofer) are lacking the corner support, and become weaker in amplitude compared to the wanted fundamentals. In addition, you also get increased efficiency which means that the input power to the subwoofer can be decreased, which also contributes to less distortion and increased headroom.

AND THE REST OF THE TWEAKING AND PROCESSING IS MANAGED BY THE VELODYNE SMS 1 AND THE SUBSONIC PROCESSORS

AND YES I HAVE 3 AND NOT 2 SUBS THE 3RD IS PLACED AT THE BACK OF THE ROOM IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER ;)

hi everybody

i would like to share my setup details and pics with all of you any one having any questions regarding the setup plz feel free to ask me

SPEAKERS
Custom built speakers
FRONTS : feature twin front and back firing neodium ring radiator tweeters from sb

acoustics and kevalar hand woven cone mids from peerless denmark in MTM configuration

plus non pressed paper cone woofers
CENTER: featureS twin ring radiators( centre offset) and kevlar mids in mtm

configuration
SURROUNDS: similar tweeters and mids in Dipole/Bipole diffusing setup
FRONT HEIGHTS / BACK HEIGHTS : similar drivers in bookshelf directional straight

firing setup
SUBWOOFER 1: YAMAHA YST 315
SUBWOOFER 2: 2 CUSTOM BUILT SUBS BASED ON A POPULAR OLD HSU DESIGN THESE BEASTS PLAY

AT 18HZ
TACTILE TRASDUCERS:
BUTTKICKER LFE KITS POWERED BY BUTTKICKER AMP
AURA BASS SHAKERS X 2
AV RECIEVERS:
yamaha rx-v3900 (FOR FR,FL,C,SL,SR,FR HEIGHT, FL HEIGHT)
Yamaha rx-v1600 ( FOR PROCESSING AMD POWERING REAR HEIGHTS BOTH L AND R)
Yamaha rx-v800 ( FOR POWERING CUSTOM SUBS AND AURA BASS SHAKERS)

MISC PROCESSORS
Velodyne sms-1 BASS MANAGER FOR ALL THE SUBS

YAMAHA 10 + 10 BAND GRAPHIC EQ FOR MUSIC

REKHORN F1 FOR AURA BASS SHAKERS
REKHORN B2 FOR CUSTOM SUBS
VIDEO PROCESSORS:

Dvdo edge ABT video processor

Cyp instant HQV realta VIDEO PROCESSOR

BOTH OF THESE PROCESSORS WORK AT THE SAME TIME AND DO WHAT EACH OF THEM DOES BEST
DVDO FOR UPSCALING AND multi-directional diagonal filtering
HQV REALTA FOR 4D per pixel motion adaptive noise reduction AND AWSOME PICTURE

PROCESSING(COLOR MANAGMENT ETC)

PLAYERS:
Popcorn Hour C-200 MEDIA PLAYER
Samsung bluray bdp-1500
Toshiba HD E1 HDDVD
SAMSUNG DVD PLAYER
Custom HTPC IN A COOLER MASTER CABINET

POWER MANAGEMENT:
APC power conditioner/backup

PROJECTION EQUIPMENT:
Panoview motorized screen 16:9 WIDESCREEN MATTE WHITE
Panasonic ax200 projector

REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEM
Philips pronto tsu9400
Philips rfx9400 WIFI FOR PRONTO
IR DISTRIBUTION KIT

LIGHTING
Lutron dimmer
Luminance mood lighting(CAN DO 64K SHADES)
CRABTREE AURA IWS

TV:
lg 42in lcd

MISC:
SONY 7IN LCD MONITOR FOR SETUP USED WITH VELODYNE AND YAMAHA AV RECIEVERS
COOLER MASTER COOLING EQUIPMENT FOR AV CABINET COOLING
heavy carpets , drapes or sound diffusers recommended for acoustical treatmets

Superb Setup:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.....will love to experience it whenever i m in your town:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

that's a lovely setup aminder...!!! :) That's a lot of excellent gear in there.... The experience must be Superb...!!!

I am not a techie. But let me congratulate you.
I have one observation! This set up is more audio oriented than video oriented. For such a high end setup 42" tv looks puny. What is your viewing distance?
Give a little bit more specs about screen size, projector choice (pros, cons).
I am interested to know how you arrived at the solutions for video challenges

That's one amazing setup.
You lucky soul needs a standing applause to all the effort went into this setup.
I am blown out of my mind to see someone own all this.
Did you have any help or you are just so much into A/V.

You should have definitely gone for a bigger LED TV too.
Projector and LED different ball game.
Nothing you would'n know i guess. :)

Cheers to you.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back