My new DAC - Schiit GUNGNIR Multibit

vijwilso

I recently bought a Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC from US . I narrowed down on this based on the positive reviews on Yggdrasil and Gungnir MB and the first hand experience of our forum member Prem based on his ownership of the Yggdrasil . I could not get the Yggdrasil due to the weight limitation , hence got home the Gungnir MB .

I got it powered on day before yesterday .

I could see the improvement in the following areas compared to my previous DAC which is Metrum Octave

- Better resolution and a more textured presentation

- More weightier/fuller mids and better high end extension

- Use of the 'M2Tech EVO USB Convertor' makes the boundaries defined better and bass is also defined better compared to the inbuilt USB of the Gungnir-MB

- Still there is trace of murkiness which was more during the day-one , i hope this will improve with the further burn-in .

I am using MAC book Pro laptop with the J-River and Pure Music as the Source/Player.

I hope i will like it more with the proper burn-in .

Congrats, welcome to MB gang, definitely it will sound fuller and cleaner after burn in period. I have emotiva xda2 also , both are in different league altogether...[emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Congrats vijwilso , over your latest acquire of Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC !
Some picture please with your set up !

hi

do put up pics of your setup and also the impressions on the Gungnir MB DAC as you go along..

happy new year !

regards

Four days of running now. The tonality has improved now.
It is pretty much an upgrade from metrum octave in many aspects except the below
_ metrum is more 3d
_ metrum is more prestine
_ metrum sounds much punchier . I may have to change the speaker position with schiit DAC and or use bass traps to tune the bass notes

I Am comparing both the DACs with m2tech evo converter

I will have this running for couple of weeks before make a call on this

Four days of running now. The tonality has improved now.
It is pretty much an upgrade from metrum octave in many aspects except the below
_ metrum is more 3d
_ metrum is more prestine
_ metrum sounds much punchier . I may have to change the speaker position with schiit DAC and or use bass traps to tune the bass notes

Despite those described points in favor of Metrum by yourself, strangely you still find Gungnir MB as an upgrade!!? Let wait few more weeks for final impression/review.

Last edited:
Despite those described points in favor of Metrum by yourself, strangely you still find Gungnir MB as an upgrade!!? Let wait few more weeks for final impression/review.

G-MB resolves better , Now it becomes more 3D , but still not as good as Metrum which is comparatively lean . I think that may help in more 3D presentation .
G-MB is not flat in any context .

Recently I had a chance to try out with krell class a pre with g-mb . it is way too punchier in the lower octave and more open three dimensional presentation. It was more detailed compared to the plinius pre. So it is all system dependent

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back