Nee Thane En Ponvasantham (NEPV)- Ilayaraja!!!

gannyboy

Hi folks..

I was (am) listening to the newly launched NEPV movie songs by Ilayaraja...and I should say I am bowled over by the quality of music composed by raja. I immideately fell in love with atleast 4 songs as i was first listening to them. The songs have rich orchestrations typical of raja..this time particularly he has used an Hungarian orchertra to perform and man the output is amazing...the songs are fresh and blissfuly musical..Listening to them over my sennheiser HD 280 headphones right now as i type and I am mesmerised by the music....I would love to hear from you guys regarding the album...

cheers
ganesh

Hi folks..

I was (am) listening to the newly launched NEPV movie songs by Ilayaraja...and I should say I am bowled over by the quality of music composed by raja. I immideately fell in love with atleast 4 songs as i was first listening to them. The songs have rich orchestrations typical of raja..this time particularly he has used an Hungarian orchertra to perform and man the output is amazing...the songs are fresh and blissfuly musical..Listening to them over my sennheiser HD 280 headphones right now as i type and I am mesmerised by the music....I would love to hear from you guys regarding the album...

cheers
ganesh

I have been listening to these songs since yesterday, and i loved most of the Songs. It is completely western & almost fresh in midst of todays songs.

Sri Rama Rajyam (Telugu) was a terrific album by Maestro (Classical). I love the entire album.

Vaanam Mella - Most beautiful song - 6 Stars :eek:hyeah:

Pudikale Maamu - Terrific opening & Orchestration - So much variety - 6 stars :eek:hyeah:

Saayndhu Saayndhu..., Kaatrai Konjam...., Mudhal Murai (Fast song in the Album), Yennodu Vaa Vaa (Easily the best & will be loved by the masses) - All of them 5 Stars :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I won't comment until I listen. Recent Ilayaraja music was not so good IMO. He was churning out boring and repetitive tunes in Malayalam. Occasionally there were some gems. But I like the Raja of the 80s and 90s. Wonderful melodies!

Listening from morning. Can't stop it. Not sure which one to play... all the songs are too good. Each takes me to a different space altogether.

The songs are good compared to what Raja has given in the last few recent years; It is a certainly a great come back. But it is nowhere compared to his hits in 80s. I don't think he can recreate that magic again.

Am I the only one who feels these songs are no where near the songs of ninaivellam nithya (which originally had the song that inspired this title). I am very disappointed. 'pudikala mamu' is the worst song frm that album. mudhal murai song is good. vanam mella is ok-ok. Most other songs are just ok. not living upto the hype.
Lyrics are also dull...'yennodu va va endru solla matten. unnai vittu veru engum poga matten'. c'mon I can do better.

dyna.

Am I the only one who feels these songs are no where near the songs of ninaivellam nithya

I did echo your thoughts ;):

cbeshyam; said:
But it is nowhere compared to his hits in 80s. I don't think he can recreate that magic again.

The Orchestration does show his signature, the music as such is not peppy.
Probably, we indirectly comparing this album to VTV or Raja's hits in 80?

Probably, we indirectly comparing this album to VTV or Raja's hits in 80?

Neither listeners nor Ilayaraja can be blamed for this comparison !

The promoters used the media for a cheap advt to convey that this music is what it is not !

Am I the only one who feels these songs are no where near the songs of ninaivellam nithya (which originally had the song that inspired this title). I am very disappointed. 'pudikala mamu' is the worst song frm that album. mudhal murai song is good. vanam mella is ok-ok. Most other songs are just ok. not living upto the hype.
Lyrics are also dull...'yennodu va va endru solla matten. unnai vittu veru engum poga matten'. c'mon I can do better.

dyna.

Dyna,

Just today i got chance to listen Nepv Tracks, one thing was running in my mind after completing the list is "Check the Alum cover whether its Some one or Raja is composer".

I dint compare any tracks of Raja or Gautham previous once.. Hope we compromised wit ARR's work in VTV even though Gautham+Harris were mass hits.

Rajs tried something different here, i cant specify its western impact, Coz Raja's Western Impact also sounds great like "Punnagai Mannan"

Vaanam- is is wonderful concern to BGM with great impact of Raja's original score but Raja

Saaindhu saaindhu- its sounding okie mainly of Yuvan Voice
Satru munbu, Pengal endral,Pudikala Manu- No comments

Hope Gautham would color the tracks with his camera, then we may feel good on visual

Awaiting for the Video tracks for NEPV

Yes indeed such a disappointment. Only Saindhu Saindhu stays in head. I guess that is the reason to release it as promo song initially.

Still hope in BGM, sounds great in the new official trailer.

I was listening to the NEPV - album by Ilayaraja.

This is fantabulous.............. OMG

This must be a Musical Mega Avatar by Legendary Maestro Ilyaraja [ after decades ]

Classy....

:clapping:

I was listening to the NEPV - album by Ilayaraja.

This is fantabulous.............. OMG

This must be a Musical Mega Avatar by Legendary Maestro Ilyaraja [ after decades ]

Classy....

:clapping:

After repeated listening, i could firmly say this is one of his best compositions.....

Highly distorted recording! Why such a overdosage of the orchestration? Do Tamil film songs need a foreign orchestra? Hence, the overflow of the music spoil all the songs as un-listenable.

Highly distorted recording! Why such a overdosage of the orchestration? Do Tamil film songs need a foreign orchestra? Hence, the overflow of the music spoil all the songs as un-listenable.

check your speakers and system if you are hearing distorted sound. its very funny that you think Ilayaraja has recorded distorted sound. And if there are suitable recording studios in India why would he go to London.

I would say too much expectations leads to disappointment and the nepv ost is an classic example! Felt like raja sir was confused on which audience to cater to either his loyal hardcore devotees or the new confused hippy hop era a la yuvan shankar raja sort of stuff!the audio launch got me listening to 'uravugal thodarkathai' instead of the nepv ost!wow now that's an awesome composition!

No doubt the songs are catchy. But the hype will soon fade and It won't linger long unlike his golden oldies. Yuvan's tracks remind me of his own composition. Also too much western style. May be the movie demands that. In short, the songs are good but nothing to brag about or exceptional. I still feel he was the best in 80's and early 90s.

Back