Need a active sub

With the price close to $104 which is Rs. 6000 you will almost have to pay another 10-15k for the shipping and custom. Check the estimated value from Borderlinx or Aramex. Or if amazon ships it directly to you, in that case you have to take care about the custom. Try to get the custom duty. The max duty on audio product is 25.8% (if I am not wrong) and that is quite an amount.

If you buy from Amazon US, you will need a 220-110v transformer, and the deal will not be attractive considering product cost + shipping + custom duty + transformer.

Hi all

I am looking for a active(or a passive woofer+amp combo) sub woofer around Rs.6000-8000

I was looking & found Dayton Audio SUB-800 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer

I have few questions
1) if i purchase from amazon what type of additional( transport & others) cost i am looking at

2)if any similar product is available in india

I had also tried to buy from amazon through aramex, but the problem is the shipping cost itself becomes 2-3 times the cost of subwoofer due to the excessive weight of these gears.
cheers
:sad:

How about a 12 inch car sub? maybe pioneer or JBL (Rs. 2500-3000) + A bandpass box (Rs. 1000) + A local transistor amp (Rs. 1000) Total Rs. 5000

I am sure it will sound much better than "Dayton Audio SUB-800 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer" even though I have not listened to it.

Please dont mind if you feel my suggestion is not worth it.

How about a 12 inch car sub? maybe pioneer or JBL (Rs. 2500-3000) + A bandpass box (Rs. 1000) + A local transistor amp (Rs. 1000) Total Rs. 5000

I am sure it will sound much better than "Dayton Audio SUB-800 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer" even though I have not listened to it.

Please dont mind if you feel my suggestion is not worth it.

Any link please??
Does these subs comes with boxes or just bare driver??

Can anyone from Hyderabad tell me some audio equipment shops in hyderabad where i can audition . Thanks

Last edited:
Any link please??
Does these subs comes with boxes or just bare driver??

Can anyone from Hyderabad tell me some audio equipment shops in hyderabad where i can audition . Thanks

You can get these subs from any car accessory shop. They come separate as well as with box. 1 sub with a bandpass enclosure will cost less than Rs. 4000 and you will be able to audition the same at the car shop itself.

The only problem is that you will not be able to get a stereo amp for your house from the car shop, so I suggest you get in touch with local audio-video repair shops, they maybe able to help you with procuring a good amp for home use. Do not buy IC based amp only buy a transistor based amp.

If you are not able to get 1 from Hyderabad let me know Ill courier 1 from Delhi.

Space SM-10X Subwoofer Only For 10000 INR in mumbai also you can view their specs at Product1 this is a whole package but you will manage to get the powered sub only and the main thing that impresses me is that it has two ie 2 X 6.5 inch woofers. Take a look at it. Many have never heard of it. But im using this whole set for 3 to 4 years and it is a true bang for your buck you can get this whole 5.1 package for 16000 INR in mumbai.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back