Need advice on stereo amplifier

rjg

Hi Dear FM.....

Please i want your help/Expert Advice for selection
Best sounding Integrated Stereo Amp with 60/70 watts.
Must match Dali Zensor 7 FS speakers.
My listening area will be 10' by 10' & Room Area 12' by 15'.

Budget is Rs.50,000/-...

Speakers Speacification:-
Ohms 6
Sensitivity 90db
Recomended Amp Power 40--150 Watts
Maximum spl(db) 110

My Main focus & Interest will be best sound quality of Amp..

I will be using my all music from computer only...
Amp Preferably with built in Dac & Usb
(for use with Comuter)

Music will be Indian Classical Vocal & Instrumental:-Tabla/Sitar/Santoor/Sarood/Flute/Shehnai/Sarangi...
Hindi old Movies Classical songs
Western Classical Symphony Orchestra/Violins/Piano/Cellos/Saxophones...

Suggestion received for following Amps(only suggested/not short listed):-

Norge Mosfet 2000/Gold 1000(both 125 watts)
Marantz PM 6005 (New model) 45 watts...Is power is sufficient ???
Peachtree Decco 65 (65 watts)
Nad Bee 356(80 watts)
Archem FMJ A 19(50 watts-Award winner 2013 whathifi)

Above mention Amps are suggested only & not sellected..
so pl input your Models details/Suggestion

I just want beautiful n sweet sounding Amp..
I will be using All formant Like Flac/cd/wave/Mp3 via Computer....

So Pl help...there are confusion needs Solution...

Thanx...

Rajubhai

Last edited:
Arcam FMJ A19
Peachtree Decco 65

Both are good options, but above your 50k budget.

Peachtree will give you all in 1 solution(Amp/Dac) @ 75k, Arcam A19 @ 72k + rPAC for 20k.

My gut feel says the peachtree decco65 is the 1 box solution you should look at seriously. Can be demoed too in mumbai. If interested will provide you contact details of the place where you can demo it.

no offence to denom but i beg to differ on peachtree. i heard peachtree a month back and i was totally disappointed specially after reading lot of good thing about, however i was coming from listening to cyrus mono blocks with cyrus preDAC so i gave them some benefits of doubt. but once i listen to Arcam i was convinced that pachtree lack the puch compared.

out of all the model listed i would vouch for Arcam any given day and simply for the punch it can deliver but source needs to be matched since this combo can sound tad on a brighter side(i listened Dali Mentor). apart from it NAD would be my second pick and NAD has a combo with dac for 56k. however you will need to invest some in Dac if you choose arcam.

its better to invest in better gears now then to sell later and upgrade.

My 2 Cents.

Hi

See if you can find pre-owned Creek Destiny or creek 5350, I am sure you will love it. Give it a try.

Hi dear Denom......

Thank you for your suggestion..

first, let me clear that list mention is just suggestion received from fm and not short listed so i am open to other good amp/brand also.

Now re your suggestion for demo of peachtree, if it's at dealear place than pl forward me contact detail.otherwise am invited by fm docd at his place for demo of peachtree but for me practicaly not possible to carry my Dali fs speakers...

Prsently looking Amp with Dac & usb if budget permits...

Thanx
Rajubhai ]

Last edited:
Hi Dear lucksin..

Thanx for advice & suggestion ..i will deffinetly look for the same.

Rajubhai

at your price point i doubt you will get an arcam etc. i think nad will esp suit your listening habits. their amp is a little warm sounding and with indian classical music being a bit bright, it will help with listening fatigue

Hi I If you like classical or semi classical Indian music The perfect combination will be Creek + epos speakers.Please do an audition with your cd's.Better than the combo mentioned by you.You need to trust your ears. Each amp have there on signature so you have to pair correctly with speakers thats why i recommend you to do an audition first. You are in Mumbai so you are very lucky to get most of the paired auditions.

Last edited:
Hi

Which is better Amplifier between this three....

Peachtree Decco 65
Nad C356 Bee
Naim Nait 5i 2

Pls advice which is better & best sounding VFM Amplifier from above mention ...

Thanx
Rajubhai.

Last edited:
+1 for the Creek recommendations. Even a Creek Evo might work with your system, but I strongly suggest you listen to whatever you plan to buy, and not buy just on a recommendation.

Naim without any doubt its a very fine high current amp.. but nait 5i2 is old model. Try to get Naim Nait 5si which is their current model. the output has been bumped to 60Watt per channel.

Zensor 7 requires a powerful amp as they are slightly power hungry. Of the amps you mentioned NAD will drive it safely but both the Zensor 7 and NAD are laid back. I suggest an amp above 70W per channel at 6 ohms with torroid transformer.

Zensor 7 sounds best with a Denon PMA1500/10/20AE . This pair won "Best Buy" award in AV MAX group test beating systems costing well over Rs 3 Lacs. I have heard the combination too and they sound awesome .

Zensor 7 sounds best with a Denon PMA1500/10/20AE . This pair won "Best Buy" award in AV MAX group test beating systems costing well over Rs 3 Lacs. I have heard the combination too and they sound awesome .

I heard the Denon amp recently with KeF and Cabasse bookshelf speakers and it was sounding really good with the Cabasse Antigua. This Denon model has been around atleast since the mid 90s when I first heard it at Profx. The Denon PMA 1500 is completely different from the Denon AVRs and definitely worth checking out. However I heard a price of 1 lakh, is this the correct Street price?

Hi,
If you want to drive Zenzor 7 you should go for Marantz 6005 to drive these as marantz has tone controls which will boost the frequencies or else you will have to go for peach tree as it is a 70 wrms per ch .

Regards

homiyar.

Hi,
If you want to drive Zenzor 7 you should go for Marantz 6005 to drive these as marantz has tone controls which will boost the frequencies or else you will have to go for peach tree as it is a 70 wrms per ch .

Regards

homiyar.
Marantz PM 6005 to drive Zensor 7???
No way! PM 500* & 600* are very good amps; but good for BS. I have checked Dali Zensor 7 with Marantz PM 6005, IMO, PM6005 has to struggle really hard to drive Zensor7.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back