Need advice on TV purchase

Here check this review he directly told there are better tvs available at similar price
Buddy I did see this review. Firstly he says the panel has 1000 nits which is false. He says the colours are really good but shift at off angles. Which is true for all VA panels. Even the Samsung he recommended has the same VA panel, if you check the same samsung on rtings they'll say bad viewing angles for its panel as well. All VA panels in this budget perform the same. He then recommends the lg which is IPS. Good viewing angles but terrible contrast, good if you don't watch in a dimly lit room and have a wide viewing requirement. Plus he himself says the panel is brighter and has better color than the mi. So frankly, I don't think it was a good review as he doesn't explain any of this properly. Hoping someone who actually knows about tv panels and it's technology gives a proper review.

Buddy I did see this review. Firstly he says the panel has 1000 nits which is false. He says the colours are really good but shift at off angles. Which is true for all VA panels. Even the Samsung he recommended has the same VA panel, if you check the same samsung on rtings they'll say bad viewing angles for its panel as well. All VA panels in this budget perform the same. He then recommends the lg which is IPS. Good viewing angles but terrible contrast, good if you don't watch in a dimly lit room and have a wide viewing requirement. Plus he himself says the panel is brighter and has better color than the mi. So frankly, I don't think it was a good review as he doesn't explain any of this properly. Hoping someone who actually knows about tv panels and it's technology gives a proper review.
I agree with all your points but i meant to say that he saw nothing extraordinary in this tv so thats why i think he didn't recommend it

He gives the minimum requirement for doly vision around 1000 nits if the tv doesnt fulfill all the condition then the dolby vision is also just another certification like dolby atmos

The minimum specification for Dolby Vision mastering requires the use of reference monitors with a contrast ratio of 200,000:1, peak brightness of 1000 nits, colour range ‘approaching’ the Rec 2020 standard, and support for the SMPTE ST-2084 HDR format

I agree with all your points but i meant to say that he saw nothing extraordinary in this tv so thats why i think he didn't recommend it

He gives the minimum requirement for doly vision around 1000 nits if the tv doesnt fulfill all the condition then the dolby vision is also just another certification like dolby atmos

The minimum specification for Dolby Vision mastering requires the use of reference monitors with a contrast ratio of 200,000:1, peak brightness of 1000 nits, colour range ‘approaching’ the Rec 2020 standard, and support for the SMPTE ST-2084 HDR format
There's no tv under a lakh which has 1000 nits of brightness. So for most tvs it won't show the maximum capable Dolby vision content but will be able to decode it, I am not expecting a big difference. But I guess since I watch it in a dark to dimly lit room hopefully I can see some difference between SDR and HDR. And yeah I agree this tv isn't extraordinary from the rest that's I mentioned if its as good as the tcl c715 I would be happy as oneplus has good software support. I just hope it's a good deal for the price and isn't a ripoff. But can only tell after I see it in person.

Good article on dolby vision
I agree with you on Dolby vision buddy I don't think it's reasonable to expect full Dolby vision capabilities at this price, only the super high end tvs can do that.

If looking for good SDR and HDR then why not consider Sony 55X950G? It is slightly expensive but you get a better overall picture with very little compromise.

I see Samsung Frame 2020 also comes highly recommended.
The sony is more than double the price. The frame is very tempting but personally I am still contemplating whether I should spend the additional 25k on it considering the covid situation.

I would suggest to buy a TV that has good 4K upscaling and SDR.

Dolby Vision HDR, thought great, is primarily meant for dark environment. With the the low nit panels you will anyway not enjoy HDR.

Panasonic 55GX800 should be a good option. On Croma online it is ₹70,000 with ₹9,000 off that price. It ticks most of your requirements. See if you can check it out in person.

Oneplus U1 specs as given by their team:

1. Panel Model - AUO T550QVN10.0
2. Contrast Ratio - 4000:1
3. Refresh rate - NA
4. Display color (bits) -
Color Gamut (NTSC @CIE1931)
Color Gamut (DCI-P3@CIE1976) :93%
Color Volume(DCI-P3): TBC
Display Colors: 1.07 Bilion
5. Brightness (nits) - Type. 350 nits.
6. Back light type - E-LED, 144LED
7. Panel type - LCD

Igyaan video is honest, but i did clarify with Bharat and he meant other options as the viewing angle is bad and he felt others were consistent in that respect. HDR content is more than satisfactory according to him. See I think there is no perfect TV out there. Even the CX Oled has its own issues. And also its more of a preference of the individual or group who are going to use the product. So lets wait and see once multiple users see and use we should have a much better idea.

Will check out the panasonic model. And also try seeing this one in person if possible. Thanks @shaiju_o_thomas.

Oneplus U1 specs as given by their team:

1. Panel Model - AUO T550QVN10.0
2. Contrast Ratio - 4000:1
3. Refresh rate - NA
4. Display color (bits) -
Color Gamut (NTSC @CIE1931)
Color Gamut (DCI-P3@CIE1976) :93%
Color Volume(DCI-P3): TBC
Display Colors: 1.07 Bilion
5. Brightness (nits) - Type. 350 nits.
6. Back light type - E-LED, 144LED
7. Panel type - LCD

Igyaan video is honest, but i did clarify with Bharat and he meant other options as the viewing angle is bad and he felt others were consistent in that respect. HDR content is more than satisfactory according to him. See I think there is no perfect TV out there. Even the CX Oled has its own issues. And also its more of a preference of the individual or group who are going to use the product. So lets wait and see once multiple users see and use we should have a much better idea.

Will check out the panasonic model. And also try seeing this one in person if possible. Thanks @shaiju_o_thomas.
I have already made this point in other thread.all below 1lac tvs are more or less same barring Frame tv.all have below 5000:1 contrast and less than 500 nits brightness.so its better to buy what ever is cheapest around 30-35 range.you will not find anything substantially better even you spend double and buy an one plus for 70K.

Frame is good it has 8000:1 contrast and 550+ peak brightness and outstanding input lag of 10ms for gaming.buy but currently its for 82-85K which is not worth.You may get it around 70-75 in festive time.but its over your budget of 60k.

Also all these tvs are horrible for gaming.I have once tried playing GTA on my iffalcon.It was disaster.i will prefer shooting myself than playing games on these tvs.

Whats the opinion on TCL 55 C8 or the 65 C8? Just curious. I did see this tele also in the showroom during my visit. Was brighter than the C715 overall but color was kind of faded in comparison to the 715 and the 815 seemed to do a lot better too.
Just wanted to know if c8 is an option to be considered as the price is pretty good and specs seem decent.

Whats the opinion on TCL 55 C8 or the 65 C8? Just curious. I did see this tele also in the showroom during my visit. Was brighter than the C715 overall but color was kind of faded in comparison to the 715 and the 815 seemed to do a lot better too.
Just wanted to know if c8 is an option to be considered as the price is pretty good and specs seem decent.
Someone in this forum has already purchased it and posted a review on it. Have a look its quite a detailed review. But recently they said that a recent software update forced the HDR to become overexposed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back