Need advice on TV purchase

Yeah it is a 4k even on rtings specs say native 4k. But these ppl at samsung told me its not 4k certified and upon asking what that meant they told me 4k content will work but other content cannot be up scaled to 4k.

It was confusing hence I am still in doubt what is it that they meant.
Thats really weired. Maybe thoseguys aren't knowledgeable better to reconfirm.

Samsung Frame is an online only product from Samsung to cut out the middle man. So there will be a lot of misinformation spread about this product by the dealers.

Hi @Ajeet89 can you give a little bit more detailed review on the u1 in terms of picture both HDR and SDR, black levels, brightness and color accuracy.
HDR content looks good but sometimes some videos doesn't play smoothly specially on Prime Videos. Specially Expansion TV show. SDR upscaling is fine and watchable. Black levels are pathetic ... Kind of dark grey. TV brightness and color accuracy is good though. Sound is really bad you have to take the volume level above 70 to understand the vocals. In short I have returned the TV planning to buy samsung.

Hey thanks for letting us know regarding the U1. Any idea if the bluetooth bug is common or just happened to your model? I am sure the forum will help you out if its just a bug. And it's only through bluetooth? The normal speakers are fine.? Also how is the picture quality in dark rooms? Are the black levels good? How is the HDR?
There are few more people complaining regarding its bluetooth capabilities and its not new its there since they launched Q1. Normal speakers doesnt have lag but understanding vocals on it is a real challenge, background sound overcomes the vocals. On clarity sound mode its still fine but it will lack the feel of surround mode. For my parents its a real hell so no way you can watch this tv without sound bar. Blacks are funny on this TV, just dark grey u can say. Phone casting is also not smooth, frequent disconnection from my OP6 phone. I will better spend money on samsung, not big fan of Android anymore bcz of all these uncertainties.

There are few more people complaining regarding its bluetooth capabilities and its not new its there since they launched Q1. Normal speakers doesnt have lag but understanding vocals on it is a real challenge, background sound overcomes the vocals. On clarity sound mode its still fine but it will lack the feel of surround mode. For my parents its a real hell so no way you can watch this tv without sound bar. Blacks are funny on this TV, just dark grey u can say. Phone casting is also not smooth, frequent disconnection from my OP6 phone. I will better spend money on samsung, not big fan of Android anymore bcz of all these uncertainties.
Alright. Thanks for your insight.
You're the first person to tell me this though. I've spoken to about 3-4 people regarding the U1 where everyone does mention the same audio issue. The others were happy with the image quality and the black levels, infact they were impressed by it. I guess I'll have to see for myself.

You're the first person to tell me this though. I've spoken to about 3-4 people regarding the U1 where everyone does mention the same audio issue. The others were happy with the image quality and the black levels, infact they were impressed by it. I guess I'll have to see for myself.
@aswinrulez buddy can you please let us know whether you faced similar issues?

Yes check for yourself. Everyone has different taste when it comes to black levels. Picture quality is no doubt good just see if black levels are fine for you.

Yes check for yourself. Everyone has different taste when it comes to black levels. Picture quality is no doubt good just see if black levels are fine for you.
I've seen the q1. It looked pretty good after tweaking. U1 sadly isn't available in the store yet.

I've seen the q1. It looked pretty good after tweaking. U1 sadly isn't available in the store yet.
Hi saw a few reviews on Amazon. Seems like the bluetooth issue is a software bug and might get fixed from OP somewhat in next update. However PQ although being a personal parameter, no clear idea. Most say PQ is good or average in their review with a few saying best etc. The photos posted though kind of gives a better PQ understanding at least out of the box PQ. Seems to be over saturated in most and very unrefined. Of course cannot make a judgement on pictures posted, but I do hope when you get the chance you will go through the tele in and out so potential buyers like me can have a good idea where the U1 really stands.

Hi saw a few reviews on Amazon. Seems like the bluetooth issue is a software bug and might get fixed from OP somewhat in next update. However PQ although being a personal parameter, no clear idea. Most say PQ is good or average in their review with a few saying best etc. The photos posted though kind of gives a better PQ understanding at least out of the box PQ. Seems to be over saturated in most and very unrefined. Of course cannot make a judgement on pictures posted, but I do hope when you get the chance you will go through the tele in and out so potential buyers like me can have a good idea where the U1 really stands.
Over saturated for the u1 or the q1? Because haven't seen many people calling the U1 over saturated

Over saturated for the u1 or the q1? Because haven't seen many people calling the U1 over saturated
The reviews dont mention any oversaturation but the pics posted seemed like the reds were too strong and certain colors were too punchy. Of course like I mentioned earlier cannot make the right judgement based on compressed images. Hence if you could include color reproduction out of the box and after tweaking a little during your hands on with the U1 when you visit the showroom would be helpful

The reviews dont mention any oversaturation but the pics posted seemed like the reds were too strong and certain colors were too punchy. Of course like I mentioned earlier cannot make the right judgement based on compressed images. Hence if you could include color reproduction out of the box and after tweaking a little during your hands on with the U1 when you visit the showroom would be helpful
Ah got it. Sure will do.

@aswinrulez buddy can you please let us know whether you faced similar issues?
I found it hard to listen when I had the TV on the stan on the floor. Oneplus delayed my TV installation and got it done the day before only. Now it's bit better but yea while watching movies sometimes I have to adjust the volumes in between
I am ok with the PQ as I mentioned before. I never used such a big TV for the long term and I was watching on my Micromax 32inch HD TV till date. So this is definitely a step up. Watching 4k HDR content is good especially Dolby vision content such as 'our planet'.
I tried using the speakers as Bluetooth speakers for a while and it was fine. The picture isn't oversaturated even in vivid mode for most of the videos I played. It does once in a while especially when a scene has a lot of yellow but otherwise I didn't face any issue
Here are a few things I noticed and which I think might get better with updates
  1. If global dimming is high then you can see the screen sometimes fade in and out when scenes move from bright to dark scenes as if struggling to find the right level.
  2. Sometimes you could see the dark part of a scene pixelated. One would assume this would be the case with all dark scenes but it isn't. Not sure what is happening here
  3. I was watching our planet and there was a scene of were a deer was running and for a second or so, the deer horn duplicated on the screen. Remember how we would drag a window around in old windows machine when it hangs and a trail of copies the dialogue window would be seen. Something similar. I guess its due to MEMC
  4. I noticed that sometimes the scenes seem like they are fast-forwarded and then suddenly I feel it is slow. Its very minute but me and my GF also noticed it. Especially while watching avengers. Again might be because of MEMC.
  5. The remote is very plasticky. As if the button would come out anytime but I got the new remote for just 49rs shipping charge from oneplus site after registering the TV which seems to be a good one. I keep it as a backup for when the white one fails
  6. This is a more recent problem and one I am struggling with. The standard mounts don't work well with U1. The TV tilts backwards and this shit is bothering me a lot!!
Overall I really liked the TV but these are the things I noticed. I have been meaning to take some pics and do a review for everyone here but I have been caught up with work and was fed up with oneplus support. I am trying to sort out #6 with amazon and oneplus. More info on that here
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...hould-one-do-to-get-a-decent-service.1270223/

But anyone who faces similar issue please do bring it up with oneplus team and maybe comment on that thread as well. It's sad that standard mounts don't work well with TV and that Oneplus doesn't provide one with the TV. Funny thing is at installation, its free. It's beyond me why they don't give it with the box then!!

I found it hard to listen when I had the TV on the stan on the floor. Oneplus delayed my TV installation and got it done the day before only. Now it's bit better but yea while watching movies sometimes I have to adjust the volumes in between
I am ok with the PQ as I mentioned before. I never used such a big TV for the long term and I was watching on my Micromax 32inch HD TV till date. So this is definitely a step up. Watching 4k HDR content is good especially Dolby vision content such as 'our planet'.
I tried using the speakers as Bluetooth speakers for a while and it was fine. The picture isn't oversaturated even in vivid mode for most of the videos I played. It does once in a while especially when a scene has a lot of yellow but otherwise I didn't face any issue
Here are a few things I noticed and which I think might get better with updates
  1. If global dimming is high then you can see the screen sometimes fade in and out when scenes move from bright to dark scenes as if struggling to find the right level.
  2. Sometimes you could see the dark part of a scene pixelated. One would assume this would be the case with all dark scenes but it isn't. Not sure what is happening here
  3. I was watching our planet and there was a scene of were a deer was running and for a second or so, the deer horn duplicated on the screen. Remember how we would drag a window around in old windows machine when it hangs and a trail of copies the dialogue window would be seen. Something similar. I guess its due to MEMC
  4. I noticed that sometimes the scenes seem like they are fast-forwarded and then suddenly I feel it is slow. Its very minute but me and my GF also noticed it. Especially while watching avengers. Again might be because of MEMC.
  5. The remote is very plasticky. As if the button would come out anytime but I got the new remote for just 49rs shipping charge from oneplus site after registering the TV which seems to be a good one. I keep it as a backup for when the white one fails
  6. This is a more recent problem and one I am struggling with. The standard mounts don't work well with U1. The TV tilts backwards and this shit is bothering me a lot!!
Overall I really liked the TV but these are the things I noticed. I have been meaning to take some pics and do a review for everyone here but I have been caught up with work and was fed up with oneplus support. I am trying to sort out #6 with amazon and oneplus. More info on that here
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...hould-one-do-to-get-a-decent-service.1270223/

But anyone who faces similar issue please do bring it up with oneplus team and maybe comment on that thread as well. It's sad that standard mounts don't work well with TV and that Oneplus doesn't provide one with the TV. Funny thing is at installation, its free. It's beyond me why they don't give it with the box then!!
Thank you for your feedback. Maybe try turning memc off and see if you're facing the same issue?

Hi Guys, Just got my q70r. I have a question though:

During my testing everything seemed tk be working fine and have also set up the PQ settings accordingly. However there seems to be a glow along the edges of the TV. This is more prominent in the Prime video start screen and youtube interface. But this glow is present in all the scenes where there is a difference in lighting. Is this normal? Can someone help out on this point.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back