Need advice on TV purchase

It sold out so fast. Meanwhile the OnePlus experience centre asked me to check next week with them for the u1 model. There should be user feedback on Amazon by then.
I got my 55U1 delivered and overall its a nice TV. Sharp picture and decent sound to watch TV shows but not movies with surround sound. The installation team had no idea about this TV model so they put my TV on uneven surface while fixing the screws of table stand which made thin pannel little bit bend though hardly noticeable. The main issue with my unit is crackling and laggy sound output through Bluetooth audio devices. Tried V-Moda forza wireless, bullet wireless 2 and 1-More neck bands. All giving laggy and crackling sound. Not sure if I should return it or wait for them to fix it.

I got my 55U1 delivered and overall its a nice TV. Sharp picture and decent sound to watch TV shows but not movies with surround sound. The installation team had no idea about this TV model so they put my TV on uneven surface while fixing the screws of table stand which made thin pannel little bit bend though hardly noticeable. The main issue with my unit is crackling and laggy sound output through Bluetooth audio devices. Tried V-Moda forza wireless, bullet wireless 2 and 1-More neck bands. All giving laggy and crackling sound. Not sure if I should return it or wait for them to fix it.
Hey thanks for letting us know regarding the U1. Any idea if the bluetooth bug is common or just happened to your model? I am sure the forum will help you out if its just a bug. And it's only through bluetooth? The normal speakers are fine.? Also how is the picture quality in dark rooms? Are the black levels good? How is the HDR?

If the samsung q70r 55" is available for say around 90k, is this a good buy. Most quote is around 1L, might be able to bring down to 90k with cashback etc.

Also the frame 2020 up scaling is not to 4k as it is not 4k certified. Is there any Frame 2020 user forum/thread so as to clarify this particular information.

The q70r buying scenario is only if the oneplus u1 is a poor performer as frame becomes the next choice at 85k and in comparison q70r is a superior machine.

Hi @Ajeet89 can you give a little bit more detailed review on the u1 in terms of picture both HDR and SDR, black levels, brightness and color accuracy.

If the samsung q70r 55" is available for say around 90k, is this a good buy. Most quote is around 1L, might be able to bring down to 90k with cashback etc.

Also the frame 2020 up scaling is not to 4k as it is not 4k certified. Is there any Frame 2020 user forum/thread so as to clarify this particular information.

The q70r buying scenario is only if the oneplus u1 is a poor performer as frame becomes the next choice at 85k and in comparison q70r is a superior machine.
But that's almost double the price. I think I'll look into the Q1 more if it comes down to 60-65k. I saw it in person and thought it was good after spending time on callibrating it ofcourse.

But that's almost double the price. I think I'll look into the Q1 more if it comes down to 60-65k. I saw it in person and thought it was good after spending time on callibrating it ofcourse.
Do you really think the q1 is a good investment ? I mean looking at next four years putting in 60 65k. How do you think it fairs against the competition. Can you give some comparison to other models during your visit in terms of the PQ.

Do you really think the q1 is a good investment ? I mean looking at next four years putting in 60 65k. How do you think it fairs against the competition. Can you give some comparison to other models during your visit in terms of the PQ.
I know a lot of people are against the q1 here. When I saw it in person I felt the same way. Colors sucked. But I spent a good amount of time configuring it and was able to make it look good. The black levels and details were nice in the limited time I tested it. And it looked comparable to the sony and lgs next to it. I definitely don't think the q1 pro is worth or it should even exist for that matter but with the upcoming sales if the q1 is available for a discount and if you're willing to put in the time and effort to tweak the settings I think it's worth it. I spoke to a lot of owners in the oneplus forum and they all said the updates have improved the tv a lot and it's a much better product now. The frame 2020 would obviously be better but I am not sure what model I can compare it to for 60-65k. Plus I will be mostly be using it for OTT apps.

Well in your visit to the oneplus if you can side by side compare the u1 and q1 and see what percentage of difference between both in terms of PQ, upscaling, audio, and software would be great.

Comparison to other 60 65k tv like TCL(qled)(if you can) or other UHD Lg/Samsung models so that can have a reference. Maybe the lg nano cell, or the tu8000 series so we can understand where it stands.

A lot of updates and happy users too. Over the time oneplus has done good with updates and corrected lot of errors present at launch.
Calibration can be done at home. That is not an issue.

Frame is a 80k investment and will be better so not comparing at all. Just wanted to know where the q1 stands among competition.

Well in your visit to the oneplus if you can side by side compare the u1 and q1 and see what percentage of difference between both in terms of PQ, upscaling, audio, and software would be great.

Comparison to other 60 65k tv like TCL(qled)(if you can) or other UHD Lg/Samsung models so that can have a reference. Maybe the lg nano cell, or the tu8000 series so we can understand where it stands.

A lot of updates and happy users too. Over the time oneplus has done good with updates and corrected lot of errors present at launch.
Calibration can be done at home. That is not an issue.

Frame is a 80k investment and will be better so not comparing at all. Just wanted to know where the q1 stands among competition.
Yeah I think I'll visit the OnePlus experience store once they get the U1 so I can compare it to the q1 directly. And the lg nanocell is IPS I believe. It has less contrast, its more of a bright room tv. I'll check out the tcl though.

Hello, I am also planning to buy in the same price range during prime day sales
so please suggest me on what TV's to look for

Lets stay away for that standard marketing tactic from OP. They do this all the time. Even the Q1 and Q1 pro were sold out when they launched first. OP keeps doing it with there phones. Helps to reduce shelf cost and quick inventory turnover.
That maybe true . The u1 has good reviews so far with the only issue being audio through bluetooth

The sony is more than double the price. The frame is very tempting but personally I am still contemplating whether I should spend the additional 25k on it considering the covid situation.

Have you considered the cashback offer on Samsung website of ₹9000 so Frame comes around ₹74k.

@doombringer639 mentioned it is not 4k which is surprising

Not 4k certified? As in? Upscaling won't be 4k?
The resolution is 4k though right I mean reviews everywhere said it was 4k?
Yeah it is a 4k even on rtings specs say native 4k. But these ppl at samsung told me its not 4k certified and upon asking what that meant they told me 4k content will work but other content cannot be up scaled to 4k.

It was confusing hence I am still in doubt what is it that they meant.

Yeah it is a 4k even on rtings specs say native 4k. But these ppl at samsung told me its not 4k certified and upon asking what that meant they told me 4k content will work but other content cannot be up scaled to 4k.

It was confusing hence I am still in doubt what is it that they meant.
That's so weird. I think they lack the knowledge on the product, rtings would have definitely mentioned it otherwise

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back