Need advise on home theatre within my budget

Kiran007

I am from India and now I am in AbuDhabi/Dubai for a week. Want to buy good home theatre within USD 300. I am checking for a good home theatre and after checking Samsung/Sony/Panasonic/Pioneer, I am now confused which one to buy within my budget.

Suggest me the good home theatre based on your experience. My requirement is as follows..

1. I will be using it mostly for good music and very less for movies. More than loudness, I prefer clarity in the sound.
2. I have Samsung LCD TV with Optical Audio out so need Optical IN slot in HT.
3. Bluray is not important for me as I very very rarely see movies on DVD/Bluray player but listens music using player and Audio CDs.

Looking forward for the response.

That is a really tight budget! Even HTIBs cost more in India and dont think situation will be too different in the Dubai.

You could go for a pair of Audio engine A5 powered speakers and invest in a decent DAC for the output from your TV.

-Ajay

I am from India and now I am in AbuDhabi/Dubai for a week. Want to buy good home theatre within USD 300. I am checking for a good home theatre and after checking Samsung/Sony/Panasonic/Pioneer, I am now confused which one to buy within my budget.

Suggest me the good home theatre based on your experience. My requirement is as follows..

1. I will be using it mostly for good music and very less for movies. More than loudness, I prefer clarity in the sound.
2. I have Samsung LCD TV with Optical Audio out so need Optical IN slot in HT.
3. Bluray is not important for me as I very very rarely see movies on DVD/Bluray player but listens music using player and Audio CDs.

Looking forward for the response.

If you could increase your budget a bit there is plethora of Home Theatre options available but for approximately $300, Philips HTS3541/51 seems to be the best fit for your requirements.

Come back to India, stretch your budget a little to Rs.23K to Rs25K and buy Onkyo HTS-3400. You will be happy in long run...

No hassle of carrying the HT systems baggage
No worry of warranty
Future proof with Onkyo HT-S3400
Very good movie experience too.

Thanks for your recommendations. One more thing I forgot to tell..

Came to know there is no need to connect audio optical OUT of TV to get sound from IT in case source is DTH. I am using Airtel DTH HD which has audio out, s/pdif optical slots.

In Dubai, I noticed there is 25% (less) difference in price. For example, Sony DZ340K is AED 850 (INR 12000 apprx).

I am pleased with features of Philips HTS3541/51 (suggested by Susancts) but dont know quality of Sound if we compare with Sony or other HTIBs within my budget.

Any comments?

Hi All.. Thanks for your inputs. Yesterday I purchased Denon 1312 + 5.1 Lord Cinema system speakers (local I think) + LG DVD player for free at the price of AED 1499 in Abudhabi mall. Did audition yesterday and got impressed.

Eagerly waiting to come back home next week to do the setup.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back