NEED EXPERT ADVICE!!! [32" LCD] Panasonic Viera L32U20 or Sony BRAVIA 32BX320?

dinesh1201

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with all of you. :)

I'm here with a thought to get a help again.
Not forget that I bought my Onkyo HTS-3300 after yours advice and that worked perfectly.

Actually I'm again on a Limited budget <=25k and do not want to go beyond.

Panasonic Viera L32U20 or Sony BRAVIA 32BX320?

So I want to buy an LCD and have seen both Sony's and Panasonic's above mentioned model.

PURPOSE:
1- No Gaming
2- for Movies on channels
3- DVD + Blu ray

As far as I read and found the Panasonic's mentioned model is an old one but some sites like ebay, Infibeam are selling it in very low price tag like 23k.

And Sony's mentioned model is selling at 25k in ebay india but min 29k at showrooms in lucknow whether it's Reliance or Sony world.

PANASONIC: Specifications / Dimensions | U series -LCD TV | PRODUCT | 2010 Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

SONY: KLV-32BX320 : BX320 Series : BRAVIA HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony India

Feature wise I found Viera also good with an IPS panel and Full HD moreover the power consumption is also less 93W against Sony 115W but still need an EXPERT advice from you all.

Or any other best option in this <=25k Budget

I feel glad if you guys help me again on this.

Love you all.

Regards
Dinesh

You guys are very partial. No answers!! thanks folks .. won't come back here :)

@ Dinesh. Pls see a demo to find which TV suits you. Panasonic Model you have mentioned is last year model. Latest model is L32U30. The price of this model is 35K MRP. You can negotiate to get a better deal say by 30K.

Check this link
http://www.hifivision.com/television/12077-panasonic-th-l32u20-suggestion.html

http://www.hifivision.com/television/17787-32-sony-bravia-32bx320-review-pictures.html

Also panasonic provided 3 years warranty compared to 1 year for Sony.

BTW we are not partial ;)

I think feature wise you can go for Panasonic model :
It has : Full HD Support
32 inch LCD Display
3 HDMI Ports (1 Side and 2 Rear)
IPS Alpha LCD Panel
20000:1 Dynamic Ratio
+ with 3 Years Panasonic India Domestic Warranty

Where Sony has only :
HD Support
32 inch LCD Display
BRAVIA 3 Picture Engine
2 HDMI Ports (Rear)

If you want peace of mind, go for flipkart. I'm not sure about e-bay warranty. (It can be grey market piece) Read the selller listing for details.

Last edited:
dinesh, bravia is known 2 give u life like picture. Altough its hd ready but it can give shame 2 many full hd tvs. Just check the panny n bravia side by side with some hd and some full hd material. And as far as warranty concerned bravia with 2k more u vil get 3yrs . But bravia vil be 31.5k as panny vil be 28k. Have a try seing both in action leave ur remark and we vil decide.

Hi guys,

My first post, as I am in the same league as Dinesh and came to know about this forum very recently.

@Dinesh
Well I was also in dilemma few days back with Pana/ sony/ samsung/ lg, but after finally go through various threads and checking the piece by piece in person at various store, finally I have decided to go for Pana L32U30D.

The decision in not final yet, as I would be having one last round to compare between this pana model with Samsung D550.

Well my generic review for all the models:
PQ- 10% difference (FHD vs FHD), which actually is not a great difference, and that too when comparing them side by side in store. check any model alone, you can't make which is the superior one.
But in hd ready models, definitely you can see the difference between models, sony being the best and Samsung at the last.

Compatibility with video formats- pana, samsung is able to play more format than sony & LG.

Features- not much on that, but pana is giving some extra features (FB, wifi ready), which are not on other. but don't know how exactly they are useful to any.

warranty- again pana is having 3 yrs warranty, which in not in others.

Price- I am getting pana at 27.9 (still negotiable) in unilet, Bangalore. still have to check with local distributor.

Models checked (FHD)
Pana- L32U30D,
Sony- 32CX420
Sam- D550 (still to check)
lg- LK450/ 430

Hd ready
Pana- L32C30D
Sony- 32BX320, 32CX320
Sam- 32D450
lg- LK332

This might helpful to you.
Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry if gone rude in my previous replies :) that was an emotional part of a human being ;)

Thanks for all the great inputs. They all were really helpful as before I bought my Onkyo HTS-3300. But this time I've been gone through big :eek: confusions.

Let me tell all of you that finally I bought LG-32LK450 :) .
I must say it's just an amazing model, I saw Avatar(Blu ray), Clash of Titans(Blu ray), Gladiator(5.1 ch DVD), Robin hood(5.1 ch DVD). They all were awesome looking on LG's FHD IPS Panel. :yahoo:

I recommend this unit to all who are confuse in buying a 32" FHD LCD and ofcourse in a good+economical price tag. :clapping:

I'd already planned to buy only a FHD LCD so if this comes in good price one could save more money and buy HDMI cables and other "chote-mote" stuffs like your fav DVDs and Bluray Disc for the collection :licklips:

If you compare LK450 with Pana 32U30D you will just left with some facebook kind of feature which one don't use in general. :D

Yes SONY is quite expensive but I didn't find any difference in picture quality when comparing it with LK450 when you watch movies in HD blu ray or HD DVD. The picture quality is just depends upon how you calibrate your LCD and LG already has given many features.
Aesthetically its front also looks neat and clean. The remote usability is also good.

Pros: FHD LCD, IPS Panel, UI is neat n clean, touch sensitive button at bottom, Nice economical price, You get a great Picture quality after you connect the TV to HT and Blu ray player with HDMI cables, Maximum after sales service center of LG.

Cons: Nothing found yet :eek:hyeah:

Love you all :)
Dinesh

Hi All,

Sorry if gone rude in my previous replies :) that was an emotional part of a human being ;)

Thanks for all the great inputs. They all were really helpful as before I bought my Onkyo HTS-3300. But this time I've been gone through big :eek: confusions.

Let me tell all of you that finally I bought LG-32LK450 :) .
I must say it's just an amazing model, I saw Avatar(Blu ray), Clash of Titans(Blu ray), Gladiator(5.1 ch DVD), Robin hood(5.1 ch DVD). They all were awesome looking on LG's FHD IPS Panel. :yahoo:

I recommend this unit to all who are confuse in buying a 32" FHD LCD and ofcourse in a good+economical price tag. :clapping:

I'd already planned to buy only a FHD LCD so if this comes in good price one could save more money and buy HDMI cables and other "chote-mote" stuffs like your fav DVDs and Bluray Disc for the collection :licklips:

If you compare LK450 with Pana 32U30D you will just left with some facebook kind of feature which one don't use in general. :D

Yes SONY is quite expensive but I didn't find any difference in picture quality when comparing it with LK450 when you watch movies in HD blu ray or HD DVD. The picture quality is just depends upon how you calibrate your LCD and LG already has given many features.
Aesthetically its front also looks neat and clean. The remote usability is also good.

Pros: FHD LCD, IPS Panel, UI is neat n clean, touch sensitive button at bottom, Nice economical price, You get a great Picture quality after you connect the TV to HT and Blu ray player with HDMI cables, Maximum after sales service center of LG.

Cons: Nothing found yet :eek:hyeah:

Love you all :)
Dinesh

Congrats Dinesh :clapping::clapping: Post some pictures later....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back