Need FS speakers 40000-90000 range for Marantz PM7004 with NA7004 combo.

Y are we forgetting Wharfadales here,,, Marantz and Wharfs make a perfect synergy ! Audition 10.6 or 10.5 s with marantz 7004.. And whats said abt the Dali / Aviano comparision is perfectly correct,,, Aviano for deep forwarding bass , sweet treble n mids,,,,,and Dali for vocals and jazz with lean bass...

Never buy a pair of speakers on someone else's say so. You have to audition them yourself. If there are no dealers in Patna, make time to go to Delhi and audition there.

Cheers
What Venkat says is very important.
There is one more option. See if you can do purchase with buy back facility in case you are not satisfied. Lyrita audio do give it for their products. I don't know about othere. I had got similar offer for Ushers from ARN. This makes even more sense if the shipping back charges are less than your expenses of travel (which most likely will be the case considering travel, stay at Delhi + the income that you lose in 2-3days). You get home audition with such offer, which is the best thing to have.

Absolutely agree with you venkatcr sir. Audition is the best bet.

But I am really, really stuck up and can't move for almost a month right now. Maybe calcutta is overnight and I can drop in there.

Which is the best place to audition the MS AVIANO, Dali ikon 6 and KEF OR wharfs in kolkata?

technoguru online: got my final quotes for MS aviano 6 @ 44k and 55 for 8.

audio-vision mumbai: B&W 683 @ 119999 and 684 @ 89999 - around 33% less in UK & US both.

all non-negotiated price. dali ikon bass is a no-no for me. too small footprint. borrowed from a freind in patna.

KEF sound good but if i am gonna spend that much on the KEF reference series, b&w would be a better choice!

if someone can guide for a good price on B&W in india. - i would be thankful. it will save me the hassles in importing!

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I use Kef Q7 (older model of Q series) with Denon 2310 AVR. I found my Kefs to be pretty bass shy in stereo mode. I am using a sub woofer now. It would be worth auditioning Kef with you amp before getting them if you need good bass.

For Bollywood music, instrumentals and pop music, didn't Klipsch comes across as too bright for you? Any reasons for not considering Paradigm's monitor series? They give great mids & highs and tight bass. I can speak for Monitor 9 and 11. Monitor 7 may struggle on lows.

For clean and great lows, I would also recommend KEF Q series. B&W will be pricey and then you may want to reconsider PM7004 for amplification. However, the experienced people on B&W + Marantz can speak better.

Wharfs are just too muddy in the mids for my taste and I think for the kind of music you like, you may want some sparkle (note, I do not imply Klipsch kind of brightness).

One more thought ... why not PSB? Let me admit I am a PSB fanboy but then I have loved T6s and T5s ever since I have heard them. The only caveat being I have not heard them on Marantz but rather NAD.

Else, MA's RS6 is another alternative.

If I was in your shoes with more than 75k as budget, I would deliberate between these two (T6 vs RS6).

I have not yet heard Hari Iyer's speakers and would absolutely love to hear them. Hence, I do not speak of those in my posts.

thanks milestone seeker for your opinion. krypton author also thaks a lot. i dont get RA6 ; do you mean silver series RX6? let me check for PSB and revert back.

with B&W 684 of 150w rms. i plan to bi-amp both zones of marantz pm7004 for it. this shall round about add up for 70w + 70w rms. i hope i am correct.

i am aware that both zones together will not be exactly double but close because ofthe common power source. however the marantz latest amps use toroquiol transformers with 2.5 factor. hence, i beleive it should work. however, alternately i plan to do the lows with an onkyo 8255 if this fails. otherwise again an active crossover may be in consideration.

lets see. if someone has already done this, pls guide. particularly with B&W or marantz amps.

Last edited:
683 Main / Stereo Speakers wenga | eBay

Should seriously consider this as its almost new. B&Ws need a good, lengthy run-in. Presumably this is now done on these. Comes with full boxes.

Ship to a UK address w/ Borderlinx & thereafter to your location & be done with at a good saving.

seems like the seller is not very reliable,besides the brand new ones cost only 300 more!

thanks 2channelfreak but victor is right. the seller is not very reliable in the first place and moreover the price is 7oo pounds whereas 975 is the regular plus US price is lower right now around 83,ooo at places.

in india the price quoted by audio vision is exorbitant at 1,2o,ooo. exen after any discount he gives it is too much.

alternately also considering PSB T5 towers. how are they wth marantz! got quotes for t5 @ 6o,ooo and t6 at 8o,ooo appox from lakozy.

Last edited:
Cant say for PSB as never liked 'em much in the 1st place.

Rest is your call from here. Buying B&Ws in India is a crime. Import it from anywhere.

I got the Quad 22L2's from Hifi Mart @ 60k (shipping free) they are run by the marantz 6004. I can't tell you how beautiful they sound! great soundstage, tight bass and great mids. Finish is impeccable too, I have the piano black. I'm surprised that the Quads weren't suggested on the earlier threads.

hi amit,

you are absolutely correct . 22l2 are a great buy and perfect for pm7oo4.
but these speakers are extremely sensitive to placement and inter-distance per se. you have to do atleast 3 parallel test setup like wilkins, 3rds and audile before you can get even 7% from them.

i am a bit constrained in keeping the 3-5 feet distance from the rear wall and i am in a transferrable job and hence would prefer a front ported 3 way speaker around 15o - 2oo rms.

Thence the PSB T6 is a winner. waiting for best price. Lakozy mumbai offering at 8o,ooo. pls guide.

PSBs are a very transparent set of speakers and do GIGO. Great LFE with a very controlled bass. My advise remains to go for T6 but the issue is the pairing with Marantz. I believe Marantz is of brighter sound signature than NAD so I don't know well the Marantz + PSB pairing works. The last I had heard, T6s were ~78k so not sure if the recent exchange rate has pushed up the price.

so finally i think PSB T6 is the best bet and FINAL CHOICE. 78K-80K is what should finally work out.

Shall be placing my order in a couple of days. Any last minute opinions or advice is welcome.

hi amit,

you are absolutely correct . 22l2 are a great buy and perfect for pm7oo4.
but these speakers are extremely sensitive to placement and inter-distance per se. you have to do atleast 3 parallel test setup like wilkins, 3rds and audile before you can get even 7% from them.

i am a bit constrained in keeping the 3-5 feet distance from the rear wall and i am in a transferrable job and hence would prefer a front ported 3 way speaker around 15o - 2oo rms.

Thence the PSB T6 is a winner. waiting for best price. Lakozy mumbai offering at 8o,ooo. pls guide.

Since you are looking for a front ported speaker, try the Sondyne Avant 345 (Reference model for Home Audio). I guess they cost around 60K for pair and are aluminium speakers. You also have Sonus 2605 for 27K. Try Avant & Sonus from the nearest Sonodyne listening room and then take your chance.

so finally i think PSB T6 is the best bet and FINAL CHOICE. 78K-80K is what should finally work out.

Shall be placing my order in a couple of days. Any last minute opinions or advice is welcome.

When the $ price was around 40 Rupees (2 yrs back), they were around 55 - 60K i believe. Now the $ is around 55 Rupees. Approx 40% increase, so the prices have goneup :mad:

look at MS Aviano 6 - maybe you may end up saving some money.. the Aviano 6 is about 46k i think..

but audition please..

rgds,
mpw

Not sure if someone has listed or discussed Jamo D590. I auditioned these couple of days back and was very impressed with these. Did play and tried Indian stuff and it sounded pretty good to me. I also auditioned Klipsch, Jamo 607 and 807 but liked D590 better than 607 and wasnt overwhelmed by 807 considering it was a much higher budget. This should be about Rs 85K or so. Check those out if you can. Thanks.

Back