Need FS speakers 40000-90000 range for Marantz PM7004 with NA7004 combo.

prompt service/ response is very important. Don't buy from just anywhere. I am learning it the hard way, even though I purchased from a dealer, who is quite reputed.
If you import, and your crossover burns for some reason what would you do? What would you do if your tweeter stops working all of a sudden.
Shit happens. Buy from a trusted place, even if it is a bit expensive. Someone who can fix your problems and fix them promptly.

Not sure if someone has listed or discussed Jamo D590. I auditioned these couple of days back and was very impressed with these. Did play and tried Indian stuff and it sounded pretty good to me. I also auditioned Klipsch, Jamo 607 and 807 but liked D590 better than 607 and wasnt overwhelmed by 807 considering it was a much higher budget. This should be about Rs 85K or so. Check those out if you can. Thanks.

D590s are quoted at 97k as of yesterday. My only issue - they have a huge footprint! You should have the space to park them in the room.

Even I was blown away with D590 performance and its synergy with Marantz. I shied away from them because they were very old version of Jamo. And lots of FMs advised me to bargain hard for a huge discount, like 40-50%. Also people recommended me to lookout for latest, newer technology speakers. I also agree that I was not impressed with 807, compared to D590.

Also D590 was not sounding that great with Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp. It sounded best with Marantz 7004 amp.

The main USP about D590 is the down firing woofers that could produce tight bass. Also the mid range was very good and detailed.

BTW, where did you audition them? I auditioned them a while back at Cinebels.

-John.

The 807 is not actually the true competitor to the d590, but the 809, which again is a hard bargain as it requires a LOT of amplification. The sensitivity is quite low and power requirement very high.

I heard the D590s in Cinebels in Phoenix Market City mall. The pairing was same as what you mentioned i.e. PM7004. I guess the audition space (if I can even call it an audition) was not the most optimal one with these rear ported speakers very close to the wall and barely 3-4 feet between them. I just wanted to listen to these having heard so much about them.

Even I was blown away with D590 performance and its synergy with Marantz. I shied away from them because they were very old version of Jamo. And lots of FMs advised me to bargain hard for a huge discount, like 40-50%. Also people recommended me to lookout for latest, newer technology speakers. I also agree that I was not impressed with 807, compared to D590.

Also D590 was not sounding that great with Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp. It sounded best with Marantz 7004 amp.

The main USP about D590 is the down firing woofers that could produce tight bass. Also the mid range was very good and detailed.

BTW, where did you audition them? I auditioned them a while back at Cinebels.

-John.

Yes John. Cinebells, Mumbai. I am now divided between Jamo D590 and Klipsch RF62/ Klipsch RF82 (but 82 is a slightly higher budget). My concern on Jamo D590 is like you said - older version. I believe they discontinued it and relaunched these only in Asia. It also doesn't show on Jamo website. Also, to me on re-audition with my pick of music they seem a bit dull when compared with Klipsch. I was using Marantz SR 5006 as AVR during demo. I am sort of decided on Marantz SR 6006 and will likely pick one of Klipsch 62 or 82. Appreciate any suggestion / comments between Klipsch 62 and 82, price difference is about Rs 30K between those.

@milestoneseeker - You should be able to negotiate down from Rs 97K to about Rs 85K, if not less, provided you like those.

- Mahesh

hi,

just finalised and ordered psb t6 from lakozy in delhi. shall be getting them tommorrow morning.

shall then review them with my current setup and let you know!

Last edited:
@milestoneseeker - You should be able to negotiate down from Rs 97K to about Rs 85K, if not less, provided you like those.

- Mahesh

I would if I wanted to buy those :) I am pretty happy with my Monitor 9s and I did an improptu audition since I came upon the Cinebels during my weekend TP session!

hi,

just finalised and ordered psb t6 from lakozy in delhi. shall be getting them tommorrow morning.

Way to go! I may have missed it ... which amp?

hi,

that's a good decision. I have only good things to say about Ashish when it comes to customer support. I have realized that it is a VERY important aspect which we tend to ignore.

Yes John. Cinebells, Mumbai. I am now divided between Jamo D590 and Klipsch RF62/ Klipsch RF82 (but 82 is a slightly higher budget). My concern on Jamo D590 is like you said - older version. I believe they discontinued it and relaunched these only in Asia. It also doesn't show on Jamo website. Also, to me on re-audition with my pick of music they seem a bit dull when compared with Klipsch. I was using Marantz SR 5006 as AVR during demo. I am sort of decided on Marantz SR 6006 and will likely pick one of Klipsch 62 or 82. Appreciate any suggestion / comments between Klipsch 62 and 82, price difference is about Rs 30K between those.

- Mahesh

The jamo's offer a more relaxed less fatiguing listening experience if you listen to music for long hours. The klipsch can get fatigueing so decide according to that.

If I were you I'd look at bookshelves instead of floorstanders, the c803 is a very very capable bookshelf.

Thanks corElement. My room area is about 15" (width) and 21" (Length). I was told that Floor Standing Speakers will be the best option for me considering the room size.

- Mahesh

Thanks corElement. My room area is about 15" (width) and 21" (Length). I was told that Floor Standing Speakers will be the best option for me considering the room size.

- Mahesh
FS is a good option. In case you are going for a BS, you may accept the lack of bass initially, and think of adding a subwoofer later. Integration with a sub is not an easy task. So if you are planning to go for a sub, audition it along with your bs auditions so that you are sure what you are getting into.

anm

Integrating sub with stereo amp etc.. is for very critical listening.

Most of the folks like us just want to enjoy good music ( a bit of color cam be good mostly ) and therefore it will be unfair if people are told integrating sub is tuff. It should not be so tuff ( and should be to manageable levels ) if the crossover and volume levels are under control. The sub needs sane placement thats all and many of the times the sub is placed near to the front speakers.

Your point may be valid if you are judging speakers or for deeply critical purposes..

In fact.. none of the FS have impressed me so far. I find all of them boomy and not tight enough. Many BS have impressed me with even good bass coming out of a 6.5 inch midbass + 1 tweeter.

regards,
mpw
================================================

FS is a good option. In case you are going for a BS, you may accept the lack of bass initially, and think of adding a subwoofer later. Integration with a sub is not an easy task. So if you are planning to go for a sub, audition it along with your bs auditions so that you are sure what you are getting into.

You could check out MA Rx6, I have the same paired with Marantz (should be ~75k). Cud also try B&W .

hi,

got PSB T6 from ashish. Great pair and excellent pairing with Marantz. Placement and optimization, a little issue initially and the sound has further improved in the last 35-40 hrs of playback. will, review in full detail by the weekend.

aadhar

You could check out MA Rx6, I have the same paired with Marantz (should be ~75k). Cud also try B&W .

Thanks. I auditioned both MA Rx6 and Rx8, pairing them with Denon/Yamaha. MA Rx6 sounded good with a Yamaha (higher AVR, don't recall the model). So that will be an option as well. Do you recall how much you paid for MA Rx6 pair and when did you buy these? Thanks again, Mahesh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back