Need FS speakers 40000-90000 range for Marantz PM7004 with NA7004 combo.

aadharraj

Hi friends,

I am based in patna and due to my busy schedule, I am finding it difficult to go to delhi, mumbai, bangalore or calcutta to audition the speakers by myself.

Hence would almost be relying on your advise to get a good fs speakers for my marantz.

My choice in music is Indian Bollywood, old classic songs, country, instrumentals and latest pop music to some extent. Room choice is from medium to large. Audio source is mainly from pc or Mac at 24 bit /96 kHz.

My personal choice would be for speakers that have excellent lows apart from desirable audio clarity and soundstage. B&W 684, KEF, Klipsch, Dali ikon 6 and jamo are otherwise my personal favorites. Not heard to tannoy, ma or ms till now but have heard that they are also great in lows.

Source for buying and price would also be greatly appreciated.

Flash, his budget is mentioned in title of the thread. @OP: for bookshelves: Paradigm studio 20 (spare 12-15k for speaker stands), for FS: Wharf 9.5, JBL ES 90. What will be your room size? Medium for you may be very large for me :). You may go through thread of Varma vikas where he is searching for BS speakers at 2000$, close to your budget.

Thanks flash and jaudere for ur response.

My room would be appox a: 12x16feet, b: 16x20 feet. Prefer a floor standing.

Would look at Vikas verma's thread. Hope the same amp / similar config. he is looking for bs and not fs plus I would prefer new speakers that I would like to age or as you say break in to my taste.

Aadhar Raj

Just to add: international cheaper price can be considered. Can get US or UK or singapore, etc. import. No customs or import or duty hassles. Would work out the same price in India as we're available abroad. Pls feel free to suggest any international prices. Some particular brands like B&W are exorbitantly priced in India as you all know.

Last edited:
hi, just got uk rates for top 10 speakers as per AR / UK from my friend there (in pounds - today's rate at 82 rupees to a pound):

Mission MX3 - 350
Tannoy MErcury V4 - 380
MA BX5 - 500
KEF IQ5SE - 400
MS aviano 6 - 750
MS Mezzo 6 - 800
B&W 684 - 700
B&W 683 - 1020
Dali Ikon 6 - 900

pls anyone can give current prices in india - probably chennai is cheaper.

and more importantly is anyone is using marantz - which ones sound better on lows [lows and not thumping bass is what i mean, i.e. clean] and best in mids. highs are almost all the same except for Monitor audio, B&W and KEF being sharp.

hi, just got uk rates for top 10 speakers as per AR / UK from my friend there (in pounds - today's rate at 82 rupees to a pound):

Mission MX3 - 350
Tannoy MErcury V4 - 380
MA BX5 - 500
KEF IQ5SE - 400
MS aviano 6 - 750
MS Mezzo 6 - 800
B&W 684 - 700
B&W 683 - 1020
Dali Ikon 6 - 900

pls anyone can give current prices in india - probably chennai is cheaper.

and more importantly is anyone is using marantz - which ones sound better on lows [lows and not thumping bass is what i mean, i.e. clean] and best in mids. highs are almost all the same except for Monitor audio, B&W and KEF being sharp.

The MS Aviano 6 costs 400 per pair and the MS Mezzo 6 costs 650 per pair.These are also available on ebay UK for 50-60 less.

Dali Ikon 6 Mk2 - 1100 per pair

KEF IQ5SE - 200 Per pair.This model has been discontinued hence half price and still available in 2 stores.

Tannoy mercury V4 per pair - 270

Tannoy mercury v4 is very good speaker. Since you have very good budget, try audition klipsch RF series. I audition with marantz like a lot.

a good fs speakers for my marantz.

My choice in music is Indian Bollywood, old classic songs, country, instrumentals and latest pop music to some extent. Room choice is from medium to large. Audio source is mainly from pc or Mac at 24 bit /96 kHz.

I want to put two speakers on your audition list. Dali Ikon bookshelves. And Klipsch RF-42 (or 62). I have owned both and I can recommend them as good all-rounders.

Klipsch will mate with Marantz very well. With the Dalis you can go much higher on the amp, they deserve high quality amplification. If you must buy without audition, buy a Dali Ikon. They are a no-brainer.

I'm using KEF Q500 with PM 6004. It has perfect synergy with Marantz electronics. Since you've a better amp, it should make the KEFs sing much better. In your budget, try auditioning Q700 too.

Just a difference of 50 pounds between Aviano 6 and Mezzo 6. I think Aviano's prices are steep

i am also doubtful of only 50 pound difference in mezzo and aviano. mezzo price is correct i believe. aviano should be lower. let me cross check again.

If you want fast, precise, lean bass - go with Ikon 6. If you don't fancy that kind of bass, don't choose Ikon 6. They are more suitable to Vocal, Jazz, Classical, Intrumental, Soft Rock, Gypsy Swing, Bossa Nova.... kind of music.

If you like, big bass, smooth treble, decent midrange, warm detail... I almost finalized Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 before I got a good deal on Ikon 6.

Can't comment on MA, Mission, B&W. But the Tannoy V4 is a good budget speaker.

Also heard Tannoy DC6T in comparison to Mezzo 6. If you like a lot zing & sparkle, big bass, and decent vocals (a slightly attacking sound)... go with these. I was very confused between Mezzo 6 and DC6T. Then Dali Ikon 6 came along and save me :).

If you want fast, precise, lean bass - go with Ikon 6. If you don't fancy that kind of bass, don't choose Ikon 6. They are more suitable to Vocal, Jazz, Classical, Intrumental, Soft Rock, Gypsy Swing, Bossa Nova.... kind of music.

If you like, big bass, smooth treble, decent midrange, warm detail... I almost finalized Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 before I got a good deal on Ikon 6.

Can't comment on MA, Mission, B&W. But the Tannoy V4 is a good budget speaker.

Also heard Tannoy DC6T in comparison to Mezzo 6. If you like a lot zing & sparkle, big bass, and decent vocals (a slightly attacking sound)... go with these. I was very confused between Mezzo 6 and DC6T. Then Dali Ikon 6 came along and save me :).

Dali ikon 6 is one potential choice. If u can pls quote ur source and price!

Also would like to compare them viz a viz Klipsch rf62 and overall MS AVIANO 6 is a time tested pair. If u can throw some light on it.

Last edited:
i think finally KEF q700 and Klipsch RF62 apart from MS avaino 6/8 are my final options.

anyone using these combinations with marantz may pls give these three a rating out of 10.

AFTER ALL I AM NOT HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO AUDITION THEM BEFORE I BUY?

with Marantz.. please look at Kef or MS. Not too sure how the pairing of Klpsch with Marantz will pair.

Not biased against Klpisch but since you dont have a chance to audition.. stick to a safe bet.

Possible if you could make a trip to delhi and check out the gear you will buy.. that would be best.. would take a couple of days but you will know the waters you will get into.

rgds,
mpw

I bought a used ikon 6 for 45K from bass n treble gurgaon. they had a pair from an exchange deal...

OIC. you got an excellent bargain on those ikon 6. MS aviano 6 i think does not need and audition. it is a standard pair for marantz amps and specification wise also same. freq response and sensitivity match almost 95%.

i am not very sure of KEF Q7oo which i think is an equally good speaker.

looks like audition is the best choice. utter dileama.

AFTER ALL I AM NOT HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO AUDITION THEM BEFORE I BUY?

Never buy a pair of speakers on someone else's say so. You have to audition them yourself. If there are no dealers in Patna, make time to go to Delhi and audition there.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back