Need help in deciding - used marantz 4000 vs used nad 521i vs new marantz 5001

thanks Shaizada but what is the budget we are talking about? I can spare about 10k inr give or take a few thousands.

thanks Shaizada but what is the budget we are talking about? I can spare about 10k inr give or take a few thousands.

Hey anm,

The player will be out of budget in that case...why not just wait and save up?
I believe it is about Rs. 60k in India. It's just worth saving for and buy when you are ready for it.

I do this all the time...if I buy, I want to get the best that I can, but if it is STILL out of reach, I just wait till I am ready for it.

sure, I will wait for the best, but I should have something decent in the meanwhile - and that's why I want to spend a minimum amount at this time, so that I can save for for a real step up (best is too big a thing for me to say)

Hi anm,

The brand new marantz 5001 - 10.5k is very good option by means of quality sound output and the price range. In this price range you can't get a decent player than this i think.

cheers

Do you know of any dealers in Chennai who have stacks of CDP 5001?
I checked with Refex Pro and Audio People.
Thanks in advance.

pls do let me know if you come across someone who may be stocking brand new out of production line marantz cdp in 6000 or 7000 series.

regards

Dev of Bass Treble in Coimbatore had some stock a couple of months back, you could check with him. I think his contact details have been mentioned somewhere in these forums, or someone can provide it?

Do you know of any dealers in Chennai who have stacks of CDP 5001?
I checked with Refex Pro and Audio People.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Anant,

I was a bit confused about the 521i myself, because after I wrote my last mail in a hurry, I realized that it was the 521 I heard and not the 521i. Then I needed to find out about the 521i and was forgetting (read lazy) to do that. Please do not get upset. I apologize for the delay in replying.

Are you saying 521i is significantly better than 5001
The Nad 521i CDP was the earlier model. I have not heard it. But from searches in the net, it seems a similar one to the 521 which I heard. In that case, yes, it got to be significantly better than the Marantz 5001.

are you saying my amp deserves even better than nad 521i?
Your amp deserves better than the 5001, no doubt. Actually, in addition I also would think it would not be a good match in terms of tonality. The HK6550 certainly has the potential to be paired with some quite good sources, no doubt. It definitely can take sources better than the 521, but looking at the age of the 6550, a CDP like 521 may be okay.

Any idea how to find about disk reading issues in an old NAD player, if buying remotely?
Answering this is not easy. If you have to buy an used CDP from out of town and therefore without inspection and with unknown history, you need a bit of luck for most CDPs, I would say it depends on the money involved, an amount that you are ready to take a chance with.

Again sorry for the late response and regards.

HI Asit,
I am not upset. I think the hifivision subscribe doesn't always work. At least not for me. So I thought you missed my question on the thread, and hence the PM to let you know :)
I have asked the dealers here to let me know whenever they come across a nad 542.

regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back