Need help : Yamaha RXV 663 AV reciever

After a long research over yamaha, Onkyo, HK, I recently got a Yamaha RXV 663 from US. Now the problem is it operates in 120V. I am looking for a genuine voltage converter from 220/240V to 120v with 1KWatts atleaset.. I dont want to risk my reciever with some low quality voltage converters..

can some one help me with the details wha is the geneuine voltage converter. I am just waiting to install my AVR. I stay in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance.

-Shash

does anyone know how much cost does this. I called to the Shah electronics and he is quoting 2700 -1KVA model without stablizer and 3700 - 1KVA with stablizer in chennai.. if hyderbad both the models are at 1000 rs high..

is this the final solution or any other aleternative.

-Shash.

does anyone know how much cost does this. I called to the Shah electronics and he is quoting 2700 -1KVA model without stablizer and 3700 - 1KVA with stablizer in chennai.. if hyderbad both the models are at 1000 rs high..

There are hundreds of solutions. What many people do is to get a step down transformer made by a local electronics shop. A well known such fabricator in Bangalore has quoted 7000 for a 2KVa step down. So I suppose 2700 for a 1KVa is reasonable.

What stabilizer is Shah providing for 1000? A good 1KVa servo controlled stabilizer will cost around 5K. Do not go in for some stabilizer that Shah provides without knowing what it is. Please get the details.

Cheers

Last edited:
ok what shah is providing are 2 models
one with stablizer - 2900/-
one without stablizer -4700/-

I checked with Shah Electronics, and here are the prices:

1. 1KVa step down transformer - Rs.2200
2 1KVa step down with stabiliser - Rs3650.

The stabiliser is relay type and not suited for being used in a audio/video environment. It will better to go in for a servo controlled stabiliser from companies such as Krykard, Vertex. Elent and then fix a step down to it. Look at a total expenditure of around 7.5 to 10K for a stable and reliable usage of your electronics.

Cheers

hi Sasank, were you able to set up your system? Would love to hear about your set up. I got a yam 863 from the US as well and am looking for inputs on step down transformer and the speakers. What speakers did you go with?

rxv-663 is 400va, a 500 va stepdown should do a fine job. If in doubt, u can let an electrician load test it for a 400 va load to make sure if it works fine.

You will never load your 663 to its fullest potential. You need to connect 7 speakers and crank the volume to its fullest to reach 400 va.

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong.

rxv-663 is 400va, a 500 va stepdown should do a fine job. If in doubt, u can let an electrician load test it for a 400 va load to make sure if it works fine.

You will never load your 663 to its fullest potential. You need to connect 7 speakers and crank the volume to its fullest to reach 400 va.

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong.

Generally, it is suggested that you look at a minimum of 150% (to 300%) of the rated power for the stabiliser and step down. This has been explained beautifully by Suhas in the thread http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...n-transformer-affect-hifis-performance-2.html as suggested by Prakasse. So for a 400va, the safest would be a minimum of 1KVa.

You add additional capacity in the step down, not because you will be running it at a particular volume, but to handle inrush currents and peak requirements. These cannot be specified but may occur based on the movie or music that you are playing.

Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back