Need some suggestion on Over Head atmos speakers

sudhirpsg

Hi for overhead atmos speakers which one should be preferred
a) In Celing speakers (Polk RC60i)
b) Polk OWM3 with mounts
which mode of installation is more effective.
If it is with mounts has any FM installed it from False ceiling because current mount I Looked at arent long enough since the mounts are to be attached to actual ceilng for better stability.

RC60i has more flexibility when it comes to installation and positioning, RC80i are even better.
What is your seating position like? What is your present setup? Can you draw a rough diagram and share to help making suggestions?

RC60i has more flexibility when it comes to installation and positioning, RC80i are even better.
What is your seating position like? What is your present setup? Can you draw a rough diagram and share to help making suggestions?
Sure would do it is. I have mae it as a documet from audio advice you can find it here.

Gears are
Denon-X2400
Polk S30 for centres
S50 for Fronts
S15 for Rear surrounds
Liberty 120 Screen
Epson TW-750

Great so i would go with in ceilings opposed to mounts ?
Yes in-celing would be better aesthetically and specially if you already have false ceiling done. RC60i have aim-able tweeters for little extra flexibility of installation positioning.

Yes in-celing would be better aesthetically and specially if you already have false ceiling done. RC60i have aim-able tweeters for little extra flexibility of installation positioning.
Thanks I have my false ceiling stopped in channel stages to finish this off. Part from aesthetics I read somewhere that ceiling mounts are good for atmos that is why theatres have such a setup. Is that true because i Personally think in celling to be better.

Thanks I have my false ceiling stopped in channel stages to finish this off. Part from aesthetics I read somewhere that ceiling mounts are good for atmos that is why theatres have such a setup. Is that true because i Personally think in celling to be better.
From what I have observed, down firing using proper bookshelves mounted in ceiling may be more effective and attacking as against in-ceiling. In your case you are comparing between OWM3 and RC60i .

RC60i seems to have much better specs also

I am using RC80i myself in-celing (top middle) and its value for money. Aesthetically also its better. If you do not have constraint to install in-ceiling, I would recommend considering RC80i/60i mounted on top of listening position.

Just curious, you have rear surrounds but why don't you have surrounds?

From what I have observed, down firing using proper bookshelves mounted in ceiling may be more effective and attacking as against in-ceiling. In your case you are comparing between OWM3 and RC60i .

RC60i seems to have much better specs also

I am using RC80i myself in-celing (top middle) and its value for money. Aesthetically also its better. If you do not have constraint to install in-ceiling, I would recommend considering RC80i/60i mounted on top of listening position.

Just curious, you have rear surrounds but why don't you have surrounds?
Thanks. Those are rear and not rear surrounds think I made a mistake when designing the image, Those are a pair of S15s used as surrounds.

Thanks. Those are rear and not rear surrounds think I made a mistake when designing the image, Those are a pair of S15s used as surrounds.
With Surrounds, "top rear overhead" adds a great "rear sound stage" :)
"top rear overhead" engages very often in Atmos Movies.

I already had surrounds and surround back so I added "top middle overhead"

Just wanted to check if it's possible to mount RC80i directly on the false ceiling? Or do we need to take any extra precautions?

Just wanted to check if it's possible to mount RC80i directly on the false ceiling? Or do we need to take any extra precautions?
No extra precaution, its advised to have have about 5 inch depth in ceiling and you are good to go. Very easy to install

No extra precaution, its advised to have have about 5 inch depth in ceiling and you are good to go. Very easy to install
Exactly what I was looking for. Now that cinemas are pretty much dead, decided to give the home theatre an atmos upgrade.

Where did you get the RC80i from and how much did you pay for them if it's ok to ask?

Exactly what I was looking for. Now that cinemas are pretty much dead, decided to give the home theatre an atmos upgrade.

Where did you get the RC80i from and how much did you pay for them if it's ok to ask?
Sure, purchased from Ooberbad (ordered online, they are genuine company)
I paid Rs. 18480 inclusive of Shipping and Tax

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back