Netflix App Drop Resolution 4K UHD | HDR to HD once connected Bluetooth Audio Device

ArijitB

Hello, respected and experienced forum members,

As the title suggests Netflix App drops its resolution from anything to HD once any Bluetooth audio device is connected or simply put when Audio routed to Bluetooth. Affected devices are Fire TV Stick 4K, Mi Box 4 (4K), Mi Box 3 (4K). As usual suspect WiFi issue so install Official Amazon Fire TV Stick Ethernet Adopter for Fire TV Stick 4K and Ugreent 3 Port Ethernet USB Hub for Mi BOX 4....But No change in outcome.

Internet Speed : 60Mbps
Router : Netgear ORBI RBK50
Devices : FireTV Stick 4K, MiBox 4, MiBox 3

In my case, Headphone usage is a must, can't go around it so usage of the BT route is a big deal to get clean audio.

Last edited:
Try connecting to the tvs Bluetooth connection, not the fire stick, if it has one
Try disabling 5.1 surround sound in the settings of the media player

Thank You for the reply, This is 'Andriod Only' Netflix App Problem, and this issue is unsolvable by Netflix, I don't know this issue is applicable for Nvidia Shield TV hardware too or not.....but Netflix App Run under TV OS at the Apple TV 4k doesn't have such issue at all - No matter what kind BT headset/System you use...(be it as cheap 500 bucks to 55k system).

Also contacted Netflix Customer Support (India), but they have nothing to offer - Below is the Twitter Conversation...which is fruitless.

I'm using two 4K monitors (One from Accer 32 inch Model and the other from LG 27 Inch Model set in two different locations) to consume all OTT content which doesn't offer any external Audio tuning, So if the player is incapable to do the thing then it is 'out of luck'. Also, don't own any 4k TV, Two TVs at home but they are all FHD models.

Yes I understand this is not the right way but the convenience is just absolutely amazing - Quickly switch from 'Work' to 'Pleasure' and back without leaving the desk.

So what to Do?
I finally invest in this thing and connect with the 32 inch Acer Monitor and Can't believe that monitor can display such beautiful picture quality in all OTT app platforms.

Last edited:
Great to see that your issue is now addressed (would not say resolved though). ATV is an excellent device. Enjoy your new purchase!

I used to get atmos from Netflix and Prime, while playing in MI 75inch TV + denon 2300 combo, but off late I am unable to get it. Any pointers on whether Netflix has stopped atmos, or MI TV has done something? No other settings changed in between

I used to get atmos from Netflix and Prime, while playing in MI 75inch TV + denon 2300 combo, but off late I am unable to get it. Any pointers on whether Netflix has stopped atmos, or MI TV has done something? No other settings changed in between
Could you fix it?
Netflix is streaming a lot of content in Atmos, it works perfectly fine

Same problem in my Sony oled tv which is Android based.
The stock Netflix app won't run anything 4k unless I unpair my airpods from TV Bluetooth menu

Same problem in my Sony oled tv which is Android based.
The stock Netflix app won't run anything 4k unless I unpair my airpods from TV Bluetooth menu
iam using Apple Tv4k 2021. Having 150 mbps internet. Some times 4k content becones hd.
Iam using sony X80h television . Even though netflex showing content as Atmos but in my television it is showing as Mulitichannel plus surround etc. Not Atmos

iam using Apple Tv4k 2021. Having 150 mbps internet. Some times 4k content becones hd.
Iam using sony X80h television . Even though netflex showing content as Atmos but in my television it is showing as Mulitichannel plus surround etc. Not Atmos
I wonder why these companies ditched forced resolution & audio and moved on to adaptive.
Also Netflix 4k is the worst 4k I see IMHO
Even a 720p blu ray disc is visibly better to me.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back