New AVR upto 80k....?

Looking at all the gear you've auditioned, I think you must hear the AV7005 + MM7055 combo before you decide. These are the top end of the Marantz lineup, and slightly above the budget, but I think you must hear them. Stereo is excellent, and movies sound pretty punchy too.

Viki

i try to find a demo for the same. I believe i'll have to add a MM7025 to the equation because i intend a 7.1 setup.

went over to Lakozy to collect my Image S5 surrounds and demo the the NAD T748 and the NAD T757.

Demo clips - The Dark Knight and The Incredible Hulk.

Demo 10.

NAD T748 + Image B6, C5, Alpha Surrounds + Sub

I was there to demo the T757 but ashish asked me to first check out this model before that. It's rated @ 40 watts x 7 channels. I thought to myself.. What can this little AVR do to impress me with it's 40 Watts...? Boy, was i wrong ?

It seems the T748 read my thoughts and made it a mission to surprise me. We played the opening scene of The Dark Knight and the T748 unleashed itself on me....!! I was just simply amazed at the outright punch, dynamics and clarity of this AVR and the ability to always maintain composure.

It brought the action alive and made me wonder what is the need to spend any more than this on an AVR. I was seriously impressed. At around 50k plus a few thousands this according to me is a truly sensational AVR in it's price range.

Outstanding value for money.

Demo 11

NAD T757 + Image B6, C5, S5 + Sub

I was excited to demo the T757 as i've read tremendous stuff about it. And it did what i thought it would do. It simply blew me away. The power, authority, clout it possesses has to be heard to be believed. Sensational is the word that came to my mind. It was so dynamic, enthralling that it took the Image series to their full potential. It did everything the T748 did and took it a few notches above. It was clear that the T757 was operating on a higher level. It's the Big Brother.

The best thing about the whole sound was that it always maintained it's composure at any volume setting and most importantly had a easy on the ears kind of sound. A very polished, lush yet vivid sound.

This by far is the best AVR i've demoed till date.

I recommend anyone who has never heard a NAD avr to demo it. Just brilliant.

My top pics at this time.

1. NAD T757
2. Pioneer SC LX 85 ( yet to demo, i've heard the SC LX 75 totally liked it )
3. Yamaha RX A3010 ( yet to demo, i've heard the A2010 totally liked it )

I feel i'm very close to a decision now. :)

I think it may not just be the AVR but the match made in heaven (design/ rnd lab) between speakers and avr.
Which sub was used?
Maybe if you can list prices in front of each of your choices it would further help everyone to take a decision.
Are the NAD prices inclusive of lossless audio modules (which I think one separate)

went over to Lakozy to collect my Image S5 surrounds and demo the the NAD T748 and the NAD T757.

Demo clips - The Dark Knight and The Incredible Hulk.

Demo 10.

NAD T748 + Image B6, C5, Alpha Surrounds + Sub

I was there to demo the T757 but ashish asked me to first check out this model before that. It's rated @ 40 watts x 7 channels. I thought to myself.. What can this little AVR do to impress me with it's 40 Watts...? Boy, was i wrong ?

It seems the T748 read my thoughts and made it a mission to surprise me. We played the opening scene of The Dark Knight and the T748 unleashed itself on me....!! I was just simply amazed at the outright punch, dynamics and clarity of this AVR and the ability to always maintain composure.

It brought the action alive and made me wonder what is the need to spend any more than this on an AVR. I was seriously impressed. At around 50k plus a few thousands this according to me is a truly sensational AVR in it's price range.

Outstanding value for money.

Demo 11

I was excited to demo the T757 as i've read tremendous stuff about it. And it did what i thought it would do. It simply blew me away. The power, authority, clout it possesses has to be heard to be believed. Sensational is the word that came to my mind. It was so dynamic, enthralling that it took the Image series to their full potential. It did everything the T748 did and took it a few notches above. It was clear that the T757 was operating on a higher level. It's the Big Brother.

The best thing about the whole sound was that it always maintained it's composure at any volume setting and most importantly had a easy on the ears kind of sound. A very polished, lush yet vivid sound.

This by far is the best AVR i've demoed till date.

I recommend anyone who has never heard a NAD avr to demo it. Just brilliant.

My top pics at this time.

1. NAD T757

I feel i'm very close to a decision now. :)

Thanks for the detailed post. I am also thinking of upgrading my HT. So, your thread is very informative to me. A couple of questions (if you don't mind answering):
- What are the prices of NAD 757 and 748?
- I read about problems in having to set frame rate manually in 747 (in avsforum) as well as some limitations in/lack of room correction system in 747. Did you run into any of those?
Appreciate your feedback.

As far I am aware the problem of frame rate is not present in the 757 or 748 as they have left the video untouched and pass it to the display for further processing.

As regards the room correction system of course the other brands give you more bells and whistles and more importantly I think that Dolby IIz or front heights or rear heights are not possible with these receivers.

NAD T 748 is priced at 53.5K and T 757 at 97.5K and is based on MDC platform which lets you to upgrade it with future technological updates, which could include Network Compatibility and control, Dolby IIz as and when the contents becomes available.

In the current AVRs NAD has left the video processing untouched and a signal is passed natively to the display. The HDMI version in both these AVRs is 1.4, they both have HD Audio Decoder built in them.

Also if someone wants Audyssey Multi Eq then you can upgrade T757 Audio Board with the AM200 and then let a professional calibrate the system for you with the Audyssey Pro Kit.

Last edited:
I think it may not just be the AVR but the match made in heaven (design/ rnd lab) between speakers and avr.
Which sub was used?
Maybe if you can list prices in front of each of your choices it would further help everyone to take a decision.
Are the NAD prices inclusive of lossless audio modules (which I think one separate)

It was one of the PSB subs. I forgot the model no. I guess Ashish can reply to same. The Yamaha 2010 and Pioneer SC55/75 were demoed in the US so i don't have local prices. Though the 2010 should be around 90k upwards. The Pioneer LX series is not yet available in India though i spoke to them on thier facebook page and they told me they are getting it to India soon. Yes the NAD T748 and T757 have lossless audio and 3D.

Thanks for the detailed post. I am also thinking of upgrading my HT. So, your thread is very informative to me. A couple of questions (if you don't mind answering):
- What are the prices of NAD 757 and 748?
- I read about problems in having to set frame rate manually in 747 (in avsforum) as well as some limitations in/lack of room correction system in 747. Did you run into any of those?
Appreciate your feedback.

- Prices mentioned above by ashish.
- frame rate also answered by ashish above. I did not experience any audio or video issues with the T748/T757 during demo.
- The T757 has a simpler version of Audessey. It has MDC capability hence you may install MDC AM 200 if you desire Audessey Multi XT, Dynamic volume and EQ.

As far I am aware the problem of frame rate is not present in the 757 or 748 as they have left the video untouched and pass it to the display for further processing.

As regards the room correction system of course the other brands give you more bells and whistles and more importantly I think that Dolby IIz or front heights or rear heights are not possible with these receivers.

That is correct. With NAD the focus first is Sound. The NAD is for the Sound Junkie not the Feature junkie. :) I would take 7 channels of excellent audio with less features over 9 channels of average audio with excellent features any day of the week. But if there is an AVR with 9 channels of excellent audio and excellent features then that would be the ideal AVR.

I think the price of the 747 would have been marked down now like it happened in the US:D:D:D

Well maybe time I got an AVR, the reviews sure sound good.

no pioneer has till now only launched upto the VSX 1021 K. When i spoke to them via their fb page they said they plan to bring LX series to india soon :)

This by far is the best AVR i've demoed till date
1. NAD T757

What did the PSB Image system cost?

T 757 at 97.5K.

I think the price of the 747 would have been marked down now like it happened in the US:D:D:D

What are the prices of the T757, LX85 and A3010?
What about the lesser LX75 and A2010?
What about the Anthem MRX 700, Cambridge Azur 650, Harman 760 or Rotel RSX-1560?
When is the Marnatz 7006 due?

Last edited:

What about the Anthem MRX 700, Cambridge Azur 650, Harman 760 or Rotel RSX-1560?

Due to the Rupee/Dollar Rate change the NAD Prices have been upwardly revised by another 12.5%, so at present the NAD T757 costs Rs. 1,09,687

hmmm... lot of questions, lets see what we can answer.... :)

- T757 @ Rs. 1,09,687, LX85 @ not officially available in India, A3010 @ aprrox Rs. 115000
- LX75 @ not officially available in India, A2010 @ approx Rs. 90000
- No idea on the Anthem MRX 700, Cambridge Azur 650, Harman 760 or Rotel RSX-1560. Kindly check with their respective Indian Dealers.
- No idea on the release date of the Marantz 7006.

If you are more inclined towards Music rather than Movies, you can check on this one

Azur 650R 7.1 AVR featuring 3D pass-through technology!

check on the dealers at

Dealers

Thanks though actually it's the opposite. :) This setup is only 100% dedicated for HT/Movies. I'm planning an alternate setup for stereo.

Cheers. Barcelona vs. Real Madrid tonight....!!! :clapping:

Back