new home theatre for my gaming PC

WarLords

hey guys , i recently built a new high end gaming pc ...
i have connected my 46 inch samsung tv to ati radeon hd 5870 in pc through hdmi cable ...
i am using logitech z-5500 for music and movies connected to the audio card through optical cable ..
i am tired of this and planning to build a new home theater for my pc ...
my budget is 50000 rupees (1000 dollars)

i have read some reviews about denon,yamaha,pioneer,onkyo,marantz etc ... but i dont know which one to go ..

i have read awesome reviews about denon 1612 avr + wharfedale 5.1 speakers .. but it is exceeding my budget .. i really want to know if its worth the money ..

if u have any other suggestions ,plz let me know ..

also i want to know how to connect my pc to avr ..
i have two options for connecting the home theater to my pc ...
1)i have an asus xonar essence stx audio card installed in my pc
2)i have hdmi support in my ati hd5870 graphics card ...

i dont know whether to connect my avr to audio card(through optical cable) or video card(through hdmi cable) ...
can i find any difference in audio quality between these two connections ....
i am new to home theater systems ... so guys , plz help me choosing the right one for me ...
i wil be using it for music and movies most of the time ...

For AVR consider Denon 1612, Yamaha 471 etc. Should be around 25K. For speaker Boston Acoustics Soundware XS is a highly praised one and is available for 25K. Yet another option is Wharfedale Moviestar 100 5.1 Speakers + Yamaha RXV 371 AV Receiver Home Theatre Package

For connecting PC to AVR you can use either HDMI or xonar. Using HDMI, you will get DTS HDMA and Dlby TruHD 7.1 audio support. For music playback use the analog out of Xonar for better sound.

hey baijuxavior, it seems that u r using denon 1612 .. can u share ur reviews plz ...
also i want to know the best 5.1 speaker combination for denon 1612 ...
i have seen wharfedale moviestar 100 and boston acoustics soundware.. i dont like the looks of that speaker set ...
what about wharfedale obsidian 600 HT package ... the only problem is it doesn't have a subwoofer ..
do i really need a subwoofer because i am not that kind of boom boom guy ...
wat i really care is the surround sound effects for movies and sound quality for music ... i am not sure ...
i think the obsidian 600 speakers itself have some woofer effects in them ..
can u suggest me a good bookshelf or floor standing speaker set ..
my budget is 40000 rupees (800 dollars) ...
if u have some options plz let me know ... thank you guys ...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back