New Panasonic ST60 Plasma Reviewed..One of the Best TVs ever

All is good but i have only one question?
What will you do if it turns out to be DOA, or damaged. If you are good to take that risk then its great, otherwise should think about the same. The box for such tv's are huge and they need to be handled with care. My boxed Samsung plasma is kept in another room as it was not fitting in the space i had and it is over 6 feet log and 18 inches wide.

So just weigh the pros and cons before taking a decision. Also there would not be any warranty on the set, any issues and you will be at god's mercy as Panasonic India will not even touch the same and shipping back would be out of question.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Yes. Your points are valid. But I am testing my luck this time.

I am in talks with a shipper called NRIhelpdesk.com.
He first said the shipping charges would be 1400 $ for his main carrier.
But he himself said that this is outrageous and he will get a quote from other carriers.
He usually gets camera and parts for film industry in hyderabad. He has experience in shipping tvs till 55 inch.
He said that we can mostly get customs duty of 28% instead of 36%.

Air Cargo figure is what I quoted before.
Generally in middle east based airlines, it is possible to get 400-500$ figure. That number might even include some type of forwarding address (warehouse) for your items to ship to. I think the rates should start at 300-350$ and max out at 600-700$.

$1400 is too high. The only extra premium is getting customs clearance and transport from airport.

Customs clearance agent in Chennai Airport charge Rs.500
Airport to home transport might cost Rs.2000 or so based on distance from airport.

I imported my TV through Air Cargo.
Call taxi (Xylo SUV) 350rs for bringing TV, 200rs for paperwork, cleared it myself.

I would suggest you research options.

Hi everybody
So is Panasonic Plasma history now?
If that is so which best option in plasma is there?
Samsung 5500 series plasma?
can anybody direct to particular thread please.

Hi everybody

Please check the "Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread" for more details.

Hi everybody

Best Plasma if available in the market is the 64 F 8500 series, worth to get one if in stock and if you got the budget for the beast.

Hi everybody

The BEST tv's right now, I would like to say in the world but don't want to offend anyone :) are :

Panasonic ZT60
Panasonic VT60
Samsung F8500 - almost on par with the VT60, the ONLY bright plasma, can beat the VT60 in a bright room.

ZT/VT are unavailable in India. But the good news is Samsung F8500 is very much in the market. Available only in 64inches in India giving you reference like picture quality. And yes, Samsung has announced they will cease to produce plasma post 2014. So, for now F8500 is the BEST tv you can buy, plasma or otherwise.

There is a separate thread on F8500 on the forum.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back