Panasonic to exit plasma TV panel business by end-March 2014

i think those going for plasma have to think twice as not only because of this news leading to non-availability of spare parts but also due to problems in the plasma set now being reported in our forum(cracks etc.). Despite lower cost and better PQ, these factors weigh heavily on average consumers as TVs are not bought annually or frequently. I remember Betamax vs VHS cassette battle which was won by VHS despite being inferior in quality.

I would go to Samsung and rather get 51F5500 or 50E8000 if available along with extended warranty. Enough with Panasonic, can't take it anymore.

I would go to Samsung and rather get 51F5500 or 50E8000 if available along with extended warranty. Enough with Panasonic, can't take it anymore.

As u know i waited for 50e6 for so long even paid advance once but it was not at all available :mad: .Finally got samsung and i am very much satisfied :) but the extended warranty costs are very high.This is the info i got from samsung technician

1yr-6940
2yrs-13256
3yrs-19055

:eek:

Is this correct?:sad: Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
As u know i waited for 50e6 for so long even paid advance once but it was not at all available :mad: .Finally got samsung and i am very much satisfied :) but the extended warranty costs are very high.This is the info i got from samsung technician

1yr-6940
2yrs-13256
3yrs-19055

:eek:

Is this correct?:sad: Can someone confirm?

Nope, these are not correct. For my 64" plasma the quote i got was 13k odd + tax. So definitely its very high.

Log a call with Samsung customer care and they will raise a request for extended warranty. Someone would get in touch with you from that team.

I did make a big post on the extended warranty details, let me dig it up for you. Please go through the same, should help.

http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...0-plasma-discussion-thread-36.html#post552424

May be, Samsung raised the price this year. Call the customer care and confirm the prices.

Nope, Just called them and confirmed the prices are still the same no change. Also placed a request to get the warranty extended for my tv for 3 more years.

The new panasonic leds are worth if they show better blacks than sony/samsung flagship leds, let alone that of plasmas.
But at the outset it is an impressive and bold statement than panny has made about the new leds. This shows that they did something different to the new led lineup.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back