New Panasonic ST60 Plasma Reviewed..One of the Best TVs ever

Does the US model of the 50st60 allow you to record shows onto an external hard drive? If so, what hard drives do you recommend?

You can use a TiVo or AppleTV to record that but you can't do it directly from your TV to your x-HDD.

Well. No point discussing a TV that is not going to be available, I guess. We can only rave and rant. :(

No no, that's available in US and those guys are from US.

@guys from US, would you send us the TV if we arrange a Group Buy ?

Hahahhaha, that's well said but if we can arrange a good carrier or parcel forwarder then we won't have to worry.

Guys. I didn't want to let the cat out of the box, but am in the process of getting the mighty Panasonic ZT60 shipped from US.:D
The idea is like this.
My friend at Austin would place order from Amazon and give the shipping address as that of a courier guy in Boston.
Courier guy delivers directly to my door step after taking care of customs hassles.
Inshallah (God willing) I would go down in the pages of history as the one who brought the King to the shores of India...

Guys. I didn't want to let the cat out of the box, but am in the process of getting the mighty Panasonic ZT60 shipped from US.:D
The idea is like this.
My friend at Austin would place order from Amazon and give the shipping address as that of a courier guy in Boston.
Courier guy delivers directly to my door step after taking care of customs hassles.
Inshallah (God willing) I would go down in the pages of history as the one who brought the King to the shores of India...

How do you plan to handle voltage conversion ?

The idea is like this.

That will be great.

@Dirac,

You are going for the best. Are you getting the 60" or 65".
VT60 is on sale I think couple of days ago. But the difference might not be much.

ZT60 is expensive even in US.
By the way what is the shipping estimate (excluding customs). This is a big sized box and heavy set too. Door to Door service is very attractive.

Just to give you an idea, from Chicago to my place they charge close to $500 by Air, weight is not a big issue I think 200 pounds is what they allow. But problem is that, someone has to drop the item at the their warehouse and pick the item up in Chennai Airport and clear the customs.

That will be great.

All is good but i have only one question?
What will you do if it turns out to be DOA, or damaged. If you are good to take that risk then its great, otherwise you should think about the same. The box for such tv's are huge and they need to be handled with care. My boxed Samsung plasma is kept in another room as it was not fitting in the space i had and it is over 6 feet long and 18 inches wide.

So just weigh the pros and cons before taking a decision. Also there would not be any warranty on the set, any issues and you will be at god's mercy as Panasonic India will not even touch the same and shipping back would be out of question.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Last edited:
I think it might be worth the effort for some.

Pioneer Kuro and Sharp Elite are selling for a bomb on Ebay, despite being 3-4 years old.
ZT60 would be no different I suppose.

Samsung F8500 and ZT60 sell in very low volumes in US.

Suprising thing is F8500 is nearly the same price as it is in India. Price parity for higher end models is kind of lower. But of course for mass models, US has much cheaper prices. Brands give it at lower price to bix box sellers and better logistics means lower prices for high volume models.

I think it might be worth the effort for some.

Pioneer Kuro and Sharp Elite are selling for a bomb on Ebay, despite being 3-4 years old.
ZT60 would be no different I suppose.

Samsung F8500 and ZT60 sell in very low volumes in US.

Surprising thing is F8500 is nearly the same price as it is in India. Price parity for higher end models is kind of lower. But of course for mass models, US has much cheaper prices. Brands give it at lower price to bix box sellers and better logistics means lower prices for high volume models.

This was one of the reasons i got the 8500, as there is no price disparity. Panasonic is way overpriced here when compared to US prices and not all models are available. Samsung for 64"F8500 is priced same, so i get the bang for my buck and feel happy about it.

Still know couple of folks who are waiting to get an St60 and some are still searching for it.

I would go for the F8500 if it was available in 51" coz 64" is too expensive and too big for my room. I'm looking for the 51E8000 but it's currently out of stock too :'(

ST60 is history so I'm not wasting my time for that anymore.

Smaller plasmas are cheap in US. If price difference is less then bigger ones are the way to go.

One of the companies I used work for (big US retail chain) was selling 60" ST60 for $1000. Which I thought was a decent deal. With some coupons and discounts, 950$ is possible. There is a lot of inventory for ST60 in US. While ZT60 is opposite, low inventory.

Big difference I read online was ST60 has input lag for gaming, while VT60 and ZT60 has very low lags.

I think ST60 still is a good deal, VFM.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back