New Panasonic ST60 Plasma Reviewed..One of the Best TVs ever

where have you heard this? because the check board measurements give a different story and according to that F8500 must show more details than any of the plasma's available on the market when setup properly

That was from your post on 20th april.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367327651637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367327651637.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 236
Interesting, i am not sure what you saw but here is what the AVF review says.
Yes. I had read those reviews earlier and was thrilled when I spotted the TV on the floor.

I was disappointed to the point that I could not believe my eyes. I hope that there was something wrong with THAT set.

I was also looking out for Panasonic, but there were just a handful of 32 inch small LED/ LCD TV's - no plasmas and no flagship models.

Also, nothing new from LG in that store.

I was engaging with Pana brandshops in Ghatkopar and Mulund last month as I wanted to buy 65"ST50....they had both the 50" ST & GT in stock but were priced extremely high compared to the street price people had bought for......got a final quote of 2.24 for the 65 ST50 which seemed extremely high to me....was looking for sub 2 lac price...neways have also understood over time that pana brandshops have some kind of restrictions on how lower they can quote....street price dosent matter to them

The Ghatkopar guy is the only one who had stock in January when the rest of the country did not get it. I think it was a deliberate move by Panasonic.

I think he imports it directly and charges 20-25K more than market price.
I am not sure if Panasonic has any say in this regard. I have complained to the RM in my area, but they have no clue on how this works.

What difference does it make whether zt60 is better or vt60 is better or f8500 is better, unless you are going to buy?
Good point. :)

Atleast we can aspire to buy one right.;)

ha ha ;)

Right now, I am not even aspiring or dreaming to own any other TV as I am still in trance watching movies on my plasma ST50 :cool: When I am still enjoying to a great extent with my ST50, why should I even look at other TVs ? To me, the differences (that too minor) VT60 vs F8500 vs ZT60, etc are all purely academic. :lol:

while the debate continues, let me take a break right now to watch yet another brilliant movie "Amadeus" on my ever brilliant ST50 ... :yahoo:

ha ha ;)

Right now, I am not even aspiring or dreaming to own any other TV as I am still in trance watching movies on my plasma ST50 :cool: When I am still enjoying to a great extent with my ST50, why should I even look at other TVs ? To me, the differences (that too minor) VT60 vs F8500 vs ZT60, etc are all purely academic. :lol:

while the debate continues, let me take a break right now to watch yet another brilliant movie "Amadeus" on my ever brilliant ST50 ... :yahoo:
Ha! Ha! My point exactly. What I meant was leave the argument of which is the best TV to the people from WhatHiFi, Cnet, and others. The debate makes sense only when one is serious considering the very models to be purchased. Otherwise:

??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??, ???? ??? ????? ???? ??? ??? (Why ask the directions to a village which you do not intend to visit?)

Anyway, if you look at my BD collection below, I have over 40 movies still to watch (marked NEW). So I am back to my movies but in a short while...

In human evolution process, the chase for the greatest picture quality marks an important step of human excellance.
Whether it is a zt60 or vt60 or f8500, all is a part of it. And I always aspire to take part in this revolution.:)

In human evolution process, the chase for the greatest picture quality marks an important step of human excellance.
Whether it is a zt60 or vt60 or f8500, all is a part of it. And I always aspire to take part in this revolution.:)
:) :) And by debating, are you taking part in the revolution? :) :)

OK. No issues.

I think panasonic is going to close all the plasma units by the end of this year. The question is how long they are going to extend the support (spares, repair, and technical support) for the plasma is the big question mark disturbing all the plasma fans
Selvaraj

Just spoke to Panasonic Brandshop in Bangalore, they said no more plasmas for India for Panasonic and they are clearing left over stocks. They said that they will not get any ST stock too.

That's very bad news :( I'm not even sure when I'll get my replacement.

Better start chasing them, as the brandshop near my place has even sold the display plasma sets he had, currently he is left with only 50s60 and he said no fresh stock is coming as of now, so they are clearing all the inventory they have .

:'( Damn you Panasonic. I called Khosla today and they quoted me 1.07L and they'll call me in an hour to confirm when they can get it in stock. Great Eastern also has that in stock and quoted me 98K.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back