New Sony Bravia plays mkvs beautifully!

electronicsguy

Hello all,
I got a new Sony Bravia KLV-40W562D (40" full HD in India). I came across this thread here: play mkv

I just wanted to share with you that it plays all my mkv files perfectly :) No need to do anything special while ripping/encoding them on the PC. Most of my media is original bluray rip using makemkv, with multiple audio tracks embedded. They're stored on my harddrive.

The TV recognizes all .mkv files (containing mp4, vc1, etc. coded files) with 1080p content. I can cycle through the multiple sub-titles using the "green" key. I can cycle through the multiple audio tracks using the "audio" key (took a while to figure this out).

It's a pleasure watching hi def content on this TV now :)

congratulation electronicsguy!

It will be nice to have some picture of your setup.

I could post a photo, but as I mentioned above, it's nothing special really. Just connect your USB portable drive into the USB slot on the side of the TV and that's it.

In the TV, goto Home/Media/

and then select your drive and browse the video contents.

Yup. Also wanted to add, that the new Bravia recognize USB disks formatted with traditional MSDOS partition table as well as the newer GUID (GPT) format. Hence there's no need to format large (>3.2GB) drives with 4K sectors as in the past to maintain MSDOS partition table.

I have 3TB WD drive connected to it, formatted using GPT and works perfectly.

Back