Newbie alert!!

architkumar

hey guys,

Im archit from noida and im just getting started with experiencing somewhat good sound..i just picked yp the shure se 846 and a custom cmoy amp which came form UK(absolutely amazing) i even got a fiio e12 a and its shit compared to the cmoy amp. now the thing is i'm setting up a home theater in my new apartment which is 14x10 and here's what all ive zeroed down upon.

my budget is 2 ish +/- 20k so i dividide it into 2

projector + screen = 1.2

projector Benq w1110 - 85000
screen im getting from a local vendor 130 inch curved - 35000

sound system

now first i was thinking of using my Z5500(yeah i still use em after 12 years lol) but then decided to go for something more suited to a home theater setup and heres what i came up with

receiver : yamaha vrx 581

front speakers ; yamaha 8390
center and surround : yamaha NSP 51
subwoofer : yamaha SW315
and two ceiling mounted speakers for the 7.1 addition.(still exploring)

two people i know very well suggested the exact same setup but i though id post here and get some experienced consultation :eek:hyeah:

the entire room will be acoustically padded including the walls and ceiling and ill have carpet on the floor(even though im dreading it coz of my dog and i wont ban him from that room coz i love him and i dont wanna risk the sound bouncing off the floor )

yaneeway this was an extremely long post and i hope ive not crossed any wrong lines in posting this here :D

do help me out in case im not getting the right stuff.

Thanks

Arch

Hi,

The ideas sound promising....audition other brands of speakers like Taga etc which can be a game changer for you.

so i consulted a friend and he suggested dali for the front and a taga harmony platinum 10 v2 for the sub.. i heard the dali concept 6 and loved it.. a little over the budget but i can make it happen

and ive also gone one up on the LCR to the yamaha NS-P 350

any thoughts on the dali concept 6?

hey guys,

Im archit from noida and im just getting started with experiencing somewhat good sound..i just picked yp the shure se 846 and a custom cmoy amp which came form UK(absolutely amazing) i even got a fiio e12 a and its shit compared to the cmoy amp. now the thing is i'm setting up a home theater in my new apartment which is 14x10 and here's what all ive zeroed down upon.

my budget is 2 ish +/- 20k so i dividide it into 2

projector + screen = 1.2

projector Benq w1110 - 85000
screen im getting from a local vendor 130 inch curved - 35000

sound system

now first i was thinking of using my Z5500(yeah i still use em after 12 years lol) but then decided to go for something more suited to a home theater setup and heres what i came up with

receiver : yamaha vrx 581

front speakers ; yamaha 8390
center and surround : yamaha NSP 51
subwoofer : yamaha SW315
and two ceiling mounted speakers for the 7.1 addition.(still exploring)

two people i know very well suggested the exact same setup but i though id post here and get some experienced consultation :eek:hyeah:

the entire room will be acoustically padded including the walls and ceiling and ill have carpet on the floor(even though im dreading it coz of my dog and i wont ban him from that room coz i love him and i dont wanna risk the sound bouncing off the floor )

yaneeway this was an extremely long post and i hope ive not crossed any wrong lines in posting this here :D

do help me out in case im not getting the right stuff.

Thanks

Arch
Are you open to used gear deals, especially on this forum and hifiads? If yes, lotsa better options could open up without having to increase the budget, and yes, very importantly you'll have to be patient of you're up the used gear path, wait and go for the good deals.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi

The sub is good and I had arranged a group deal where the rate agreed is much less which includes shipping and official warranty....if interested, please PM me for further details...

Dalis are good, but would recommend you hear other brands as well......the Taga Platinum 600 series (5.0) is quite good too.....

There are good deals on pre owned stuff .....look at For Sale by Owner Section or hifiads.com

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back