Norge 1000 and Wharfedale 9.2/Polk Audio Tsi 200

I read that the remote for Norge amp only had volume controls. So I tried to save 1 k there and buy a dvd/cd player which had volume controls which was a mistake. So now with the amp without remote I have to get up to adjust the volume for different sounding tracks (a slow song may require tad higher volume and a fast pacy number might require the volume to be turned down unless I want to wake up the neighbors).

-audi_oh

I think you can still fit in a remote for volume control.the tone defeat button will be romoved in the process. Try to contact Mr. Shyam Bajaj

Remote (even if only volume control) would be really handy but sending it by reliable courier is expensive + the risk of damage to the amp. Wish he had servicing option present in major cities.

I think you can still fit in a remote for volume control.the tone defeat button will be romoved in the process. Try to contact Mr. Shyam Bajaj

Also, I would like to mention that Norge 1000 volume level is marked 1-10 and I play most of the tracks at level 2 or below. So Wdale 9.2 has sufficient power.

Ok audi... but volume upto 2nd mark out of 10 total is quite low. Does it fills the room or it blast the room? What happens when you increase the volume levels/marks??? I mean the SQ..

thanks

Also, I would like to mention that Norge 1000 volume level is marked 1-10 and I play most of the tracks at level 2 or below. So Wdale 9.2 has sufficient power.

Hai Audi_oh,

What is the Bass & Treble position. Try Keeping this two at 12'o clock position and then adjust the volume to listening levels. Also keep the source volume(if any) at moderate levels.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Level 2 seems quite low compaired to total available levels upto 10. Do you feel any distortion beyond this????

Bass is at default 12'o clock. Treble is increased just by a bit. No volume control option at source.

At Level 2 I can listen to music and converse with anyone present in the room. It fills the room without being loud.

At 3 it is quite loud. The songs are audible outside my room with the doors windows being locked.

On increasing further to 4 I didn't find any distortion or cracking. The music becomes louder.

Hai Audi_oh,

What is the Bass & Treble position. Try Keeping this two at 12'o clock position and then adjust the volume to listening levels. Also keep the source volume(if any) at moderate levels.

Thanks,

N Murali.

I have heard till 4 for a brief period and it seems fine to me. If I could hear different tracks at that volume I can make a fair judgement. And probably beyond 12'o clock is when we can assess distortion if any.

Level 2 seems quite low compaired to total available levels upto 10. Do you feel any distortion beyond this????

I have heard till 4 for a brief period and it seems fine to me. If I could hear different tracks at that volume I can make a fair judgement. And probably beyond 12'o clock is when we can assess distortion if any.

And what was the price of the wharfies?
I am in the process of upgrading from my 13 year old Sony minicomponent system and am going to do some auditioning tomorrow.

Where can I audition Norge amps in Bangalore? I have both 9.1 and 9.6 Diamond and am currently using Onkyo 703. Would like to have dedicated stereo setup. Any pointers on where can I audition these Norge Amps in Bangalore??

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back