Norge & boston acoustics A26

vijay46

Hi Friends,

I am using Boston Acoustics A26 speaker & Norge 2060 stereo amplifier,but stereo sound quality seems very poor,treble sound is not coming out Bass are also very low,i have purchased after several reviews of these products,but im not satisfied now,can any body help me to get the accurate stereo sound,even cheap local amps are sounds very bright,i usually connect with my phone via aux and bluetooth,i dont know which one is not producing stereo sound either amp or speaker,after turning full treble also high frequency sound is not coming out. plz help

Hi Friends,

I am using Boston Acoustics A26 speaker & Norge 2060 stereo amplifier,but stereo sound quality seems very poor,treble sound is not coming out Bass are also very low,i have purchased after several reviews of these products,but im not satisfied now,can any body help me to get the accurate stereo sound,even cheap local amps are sounds very bright,i usually connect with my phone via aux and bluetooth,i dont know which one is not producing stereo sound either amp or speaker,after turning full treble also high frequency sound is not coming out. plz help
First try to play songs with " CD/DVD". Norge from which show room you bought?

New speakers need some time to burn in, My Bostan A26 took nearly 100 hours to produce perfect sound, Initially i was very dissatisfied with SQ,
but after burn in it totally changed.

You can play a regular CD in DVDP and check the quality. As such there is nothing wrong with the combo.

Your source plays a very important role in how the rest of the system sounds. Connect to your TV out put and check. If anything the Bostons are a bit on the bright side. And Norge is a very good amplifier for the price.

A friend of mine mused among late Mr Shyam Bajaj of Norge about having less treble from his amp.

The response he got from Mr bajaj was
"Treble is trouble".

Ofcourse he was referring to excess of it.

I have used Norge amp for 6-7 months and it was definitely not treble shy but Norge amps are more towards natural sound so if you are a treblehead you may have to make changes to your setup.

But do let the setup undergo the burning in period first.

New speakers need some time to burn in, My Bostan A26 took nearly 100 hours to produce perfect sound, Initially i was very dissatisfied with SQ,

Thanks for your reply, is that so to burn sometimes to pick up speaker, I didn't aware about that, but I'll try your invaluable idea, also I have seen the same combo someone posts on YouTube , it shines like star, after that only I purchased exactly the same,but I'm disappointed after using it, but anyway I'll try new ideas you people offer here

Ok fr
A friend of mine mused among late Mr Shyam Bajaj of Norge about having less treble from his amp.

The response he got from Mr bajaj was
"Treble is trouble".

Ofcourse he was referring to excess of it.

I have used Norge amp for 6-7 months and it was definitely not treble shy but Norge amps are more towards natural sound so if you are a treblehead you may have to make changes to your setup.

But do let the setup undergo the burning in period first.
Ok friend

First try to play songs with " CD/DVD". Norge from which show room you bought?
It's really matters to play CD over Bluetooth connection for sound quality and improvement, plz advise

I purchased in Chennai from vipul audio tech

Let the speakers play at low volumes for 2-3 hours with a couple of breaks in between. This would help speaker drivers break well. After 30-40 hours of run, you would see a shift in the quality of sound. The ELACs that I had started to sound like speakers only around 50 hours mark and settled around 120 hours of running. I initially played it loud and pushed my AVR to thermal shutdown by running for almost 6-7 hours without break. Then based on FMs' input, I reduced the volume drastically down and continued to let the speakers break-in.

Elacs were tinny and shouty at the beginning and the bass emerged after the break-in period. Let's wait and hear from other FMs if it is normal for treble to be absent in new A26 speakers.

Let the speakers play at low volumes for 2-3 hours with a couple of breaks in between. This would help speaker drivers break well. After 30-40 hours of run, you would see a shift in the quality of sound. The ELACs that I had started to sound like speakers only around 50 hours mark and settled around 120 hours of running. I initially played it loud and pushed my AVR to thermal shutdown by running for almost 6-7 hours without break. Then based on FMs' input, I reduced the volume drastically down and continued to let the speakers break-in.

Elacs were tinny and shouty at the beginning and the bass emerged after the break-in period. Let's wait and hear from other FMs if it is normal for treble to be absent in new A26 speakers.
Hi ji,
Thanks for your advice, I'll do as your suggestions, New speaker initially miss treble sound for sometimes ?

Noe
How how's the sound quality

@vijay46 Could you post a small video while playing the system? I am wondering if the tweeters are blown. (hope not). Also check your cables if old. Also check the +/- connections. If out of phase, the bass gets limpy.

Viv

Vivek ji,
I am facing one thi
@vijay46 Could you post a small video while playing the system? I am wondering if the tweeters are blown. (hope not). Also check your cables if old. Also check the +/- connections. If out of phase, the bass gets limpy.
Hi friend,
Thanks for coming up and giving suggestions, something I found phenomenal in your idea, that is +/- , the connection that seems no difference while I mismatch with amp and speaker, even I posted separate post in the new conversation, friend can you plz tell me this will really affect the sound quality, I think this is also something, that degrades my music quality, also you mentioned about phase, what you mean by it, awaiting for your valuable reply

If you connect one speaker correctly, that is + to + and - to - and the other as + to - then it flips the phase in the speaker. It simply means that the wrongly connected speaker will do the opposite of what it is supposed to do, so instead of both moving forward one will move backward, resulting in smear. Sometimes source material has this issue and one needs to deliberately flip the phase,( But that is a whole different conversation).
I do not understand about mismatch amp and speakers as you have mentioned.
Your system is also heavily dependent on speaker placement and how the room interacts. What you hear in playback is not only the speakers, but also the room. Half the battle is about putting the speakers in the right place to get the best out of it. An empty room is a nightmare for any system, Hence i asked you to post a video so we could see if the placement is correct. Too much near the walls is a problem too, especially for the bass part. Make sure there is atleast a foot long gap between the speakers and the wall, as these speakers are ported from the back. Also leave enough breathing room on the sides. If placed on a shelf, place it so the front edge is flush with the shelf. Tweaking a system can take some time, but the benifits are enormous if done right. Hope this helps.

I owned Boston Acoustics A360 and also audition A26 with Marantz amplifier. The speakers them self are laid back and roll off after 15 kHz. So the chrispness in high frequencies you are looking for is present in very limited level. These speakers need very good burn in to perform their optimum level. High frequencies response increase with time. They become more clean and clear but still lacking chrispness and micro details in high frequencies. Low frequencies become more define and dark with time. Placement and connected electronic contribute more in defining the sound signature of the setup. I will advise to audition your speakers with different amplifier to know the true potential .

If you connect one speaker correctly, that is + to + and - to - and the other as + to - then it flips the phase in the speaker. It simply means that the wrongly connected speaker will do the opposite of what it is supposed to do, so instead of both moving forward one will move backward, resulting in smear. Sometimes source material has this issue and one needs to deliberately flip the phase,( But that is a whole different conversation).
I do not understand about mismatch amp and speakers as you have mentioned.
Your system is also heavily dependent on speaker placement and how the room interacts. What you hear in playback is not only the speakers, but also the room. Half the battle is about putting the speakers in the right place to get the best out of it. An empty room is a nightmare for any system, Hence i asked you to post a video so we could see if the placement is correct. Too much near the walls is a problem too, especially for the bass part. Make sure there is atleast a foot long gap between the speakers and the wall, as these speakers are ported from the back. Also leave enough breathing room on the sides. If placed on a shelf, place it so the front edge is flush with the shelf. Tweaking a system can take some time, but the benifits are enormous if done right. Hope this helps.
thanks friend

I owned Boston Acoustics A360 and also audition A26 with Marantz amplifier. The speakers them self are laid back and roll off after 15 kHz. So the chrispness in high frequencies you are looking for is present in very limited level. These speakers need very good burn in to perform their optimum level. High frequencies response increase with time. They become more clean and clear but still lacking chrispness and micro details in high frequencies. Low frequencies become more define and dark with time. Placement and connected electronic contribute more in defining the sound signature of the setup. I will advise to audition your speakers with different amplifier to know the true potential .
ok ji, thanks for your kind information

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back