Not happy with BASS of TAGA TAV 606 SE

koolanil16

Hello Guys,

I was looking to buy a HT for my home, I have been watching this thread for quite sometime.
After doing research and following threads from HiFivision, recently on 3rd Apr 2017 i did buy Pioneer VSX-531 5.1 Ch 650
w AV Receiver and Taga Harmony TAV 606SE from eBay.

I got it delivered on 6th Apr. I did setup FS+Center speakers on my own. Have to mount Surround, which i will do it during weekend. After initial setup i am not happy with BASS which is coming out of 606 SE. My earlier soundbar with sub woofer was better when it compared with 606 SE.

I need suggestions and from you guys, what to do now? i want more BASS which is not coming from 606 SE.
Please provide me some inputs to improve it guys.

Thanks,
Anil :sad:

What can I say. There must be some set up problem with the AVR. Taga 606 is so very good with the bass quality. If you can play with the equalizer, while music playing, you will definitely get life out of it.
Another suggestion, If you can arrange a different Amplifier or AVR from somewhere. Just for an experiment purpose. I suggest try with a stereo amp. If it does good job with the floor standers, You have to do something with the "Pioneer VSX-531" then.

Hello Guys,
I got it delivered on 6th Apr. I did setup FS+Center speakers on my own. Have to mount Surround, which i will do it during weekend. After initial setup i am not happy with BASS which is coming out of 606 SE. My earlier soundbar with sub woofer was better when it compared with 606 SE.

First, its wrong to expect a speaker, be it tower or bookshelf to deliver the same bass as a sub woofer. Second, insufficient bass for you could be sufficient Bass for someone else. Also, the room plays a role, so try moving the speakers around, see if moving them closer to the wall helps with the low end.

And yes, as suggested above, give the speakers some time, as they open up/burn in, the Bass response would improve, will become tighter and less muddier. Then judge how much more bass you want and invest in a sub woofer.

MaSh

b46e357ae526f8ba63ce099934c3abb5.jpg

Thanks guys. This is my current setup, my center speaker is not giving any sound when I connect it to amp and TV. But when I tested with a AAA battery or was making noise. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue?

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

b46e357ae526f8ba63ce099934c3abb5.jpg

Thanks guys. This is my current setup, my center speaker is not giving any sound when I connect it to amp and TV. But when I tested with a AAA battery or was making noise. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue?

What's the display on your receiver? Is it multi channel? Have you done the auto setup? Was it making sound then?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Then check your source. Make sure it's multi channel.

That's good to know. It all depends on source. If source is stereo only front channel speakers work along with sub. If multi channel, then all speakers play. You will see the corresponding source audio formal on the display. These can be changed using various audio modes, but should be best ignored.

Happy listening.

MaSh

Don't expect deep level of bass extension from entry level receiver. Even your speakers are able to go deeper in low end but entry level receiver is not capable to deliver such bass extension. Speakers break in is one of the major factor while evaluating the performance of a speakers so wait till good 50 hrs of music playback. Speakers Calibration and AVR settings are also important points to be considered while setting up a home theater. So just go by try and error method , you will get the desired results soon.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

I suspect there is some problem with your settings of AVR.try different mode such as direct,pure direct,auto surround etc.,check the AVR manual once again.Do the settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya, will wait till 50 hrs of play time n see it. If required will buy a subwoofer in some time.
I have one more problem, I have LeEco super 3 x55 TV. I am connecting tv via HDMI(1) ARC to AV receiver. Every time I switch ON TV I can't picture until I change HDMI out put from HDMI 1 to & 3 and back to 3 again. Is there any reason for this?

After around 30-35hrs of running speakers I can feel that there is enough bass. Especially when watching action movies the sound is good. YouTube content is very good. Started to love it more every time.

Are the speakers set to "Large" or "Small" in AVR settings?

As you don't have a sub woofer in your setup, setting the speakers to "Large" will give more bass.

My infinity bookshelf speakers P 163 sounded hollow when new and as per customer feedback it is supposed to require 100hrs break in. In fact it took more than that and now for music i feel the bass is quite good. In fact i ran the frequency sweep 20-20000 HZ from U Tube for some time as i was not aware of it earlier and the speakers changed a lot in the bass department since then. Perhaps u could try frequency sweep if you have not tried earlier.

What's multi channel? I did not see that. Where can I check that?

By Multi Channel, I meant, Dolby, DTS, etc audio formats. The format would be displayed on your receiver's display.

After around 30-35hrs of running speakers I can feel that there is enough bass. Especially when watching action movies the sound is good. YouTube content is very good. Started to love it more every time. k

Thats great. Burn in is for Speakers as well as the listener. This is what I experience with changing speakers or any other component. Takes a few days of listening to get accustomed to the new change.

Speakers will only get better here on. Use good quality sound tracks and enjoy your setup.

MaSh

@koolanil16

Have you checked if the front speakers are set to Large? This is very important.....infact you should set all speakers to LARGE.

Increase the Bass and Treble settings accordingly.....

Ya, will wait till 50 hrs of play time n see it. If required will buy a subwoofer in some time.
I have one more problem, I have LeEco super 3 x55 TV. I am connecting tv via HDMI(1) ARC to AV receiver. Every time I switch ON TV I can't picture until I change HDMI out put from HDMI 1 to & 3 and back to 3 again. Is there any reason for this?

I hv the same problem with my yamaha avr, everytime i need to change to hdmi 2 to get sound but picture is visible evn without changing.. Any solution? anybody?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back