Oled C8 pixel damage started in under 1 year

The customer service is currently off due to covid. Anybother way to escalate this??

Voice of customer they call it. I raised it over call only. Got a quick response after that. If there's a cluster and more than 7-8 dead pixels, they'll replace. Your set qualifies for that.

Voice of customer they call it. I raised it over call only. Got a quick response after that. If there's a cluster and more than 7-8 dead pixels, they'll replace. Your set qualifies for that.
Even if there is one dead pixel shouldn’t they replace it?

Sad if one dead pixel is there also we can clearly see it in all contents right ?

From viewing distance, 7-8 feet for me, I can't. Even at 5 feet, no. 3-4 feet. Yes. Dust specks on the panel also cover a single pixel and block. light from it.Not visible at all.

Oh ok. As far as I know email is the only way to escalate the issue but again they will connect you with the same service team. You can also contact the service engineer who attended and ask for his supervisor contact and through the supervisor the zone head. But in my experience LG India is known to be pathetic with after sales service.
Damn bro. After reading this, now I am hesitated to buy their oledTV :/also, please keep us updated regarding this issue.

Damn bro. After reading this, now I am hesitated to buy their oledTV :/also, please keep us updated regarding this issue.
Mine is fine. Issue is for another FM. To be frank not only LG all brands are like this in India. Most of the service technicians won’t have knowledge. Throughout the years owned many electronics from different brands. As long as it’s working it’s fine but if any complicated issues arise every brand it is the same story. In India consumers are just taken for a ride.

Finally after 4 escalations, twitter, facebook posts and after raising a new request, the officials came again. they took photos again and videos also, sent it to hq over whatsapp and got approval over call. they were continuously over call at my place. this happened last week and finally the approval was in place over call to get the panel replaced. today the panel was replaced a while ago.

But after running it i can see a dark line at the right edge from top to bottom. is this normal or i got a defective panel?? is this normal??

I am thinking of waiting for a few refresh cycles to run before taking any further action.

Finally after 4 escalations, twitter, facebook posts and after raising a new request, the officials came again. they took photos again and videos also, sent it to hq over whatsapp and got approval over call. they were continuously over call at my place. this happened last week and finally the approval was in place over call to get the panel replaced. today the panel was replaced a while ago.

But after running it i can see a dark line at the right edge from top to bottom. is this normal or i got a defective panel?? is this normal??

I am thinking of waiting for a few refresh cycles to run before taking any further action.
Wow.. glad to hear that. finally you made it.. congrats bro... and regarding that dark band, yes. those non uniform bandings are an issue with most of the lg oled tvs... from some FMs I have heard that they disappear on their own after watching contents for a while (after 10 hrs AFAIR). So they aren't much of an issue... You will notice them only while testing 5% greyscale but they won't be visible in watching contents... so ignore that and enjoy your new panel. :)

If possible can you take a pic in dark room and share the image

Wow.. glad to hear that. finally you made it.. congrats bro... and regarding that dark band, yes. those non uniform bandings are an issue with most of the lg oled tvs... from some FMs I have heard that they disappear on their own after watching contents for a while (after 10 hrs AFAIR). So they aren't much of an issue... You will notice them only while testing 5% greyscale but they won't be visible in watching contents... so ignore that and enjoy your new panel. :)
This is not the banding one. This seems to be a light grey tint on the colors at the edge running from top to bottom. This can be seen all the time during playing of content and all.

@Love4sound - I tried to take an image yesterday, but camera was not able to pick up the faint line. let me try today and get back.

This is not the banding one. This seems to be a light grey tint on the colors at the edge running from top to bottom. This can be seen all the time during playing of content and all.

@Love4sound - I tried to take an image yesterday, but camera was not able to pick up the faint line. let me try today and get back.
Ok if that is the case raise a complain once again. They should replace the panel once again

oh.. then I think it should be a problem.... you should contact to lg again regarding this issue. :(

Was able to capture now. Please check the attachment. Zoom in to the image and you will be able to see the tint.

I am waiting for 2 3 refresh cycles to run. after which even if it remains, i will raise the request again.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_123423.jpg
    IMG_20200702_123423.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 45
Was able to capture now. Please check the attachment. Zoom in to the image and you will be able to see the tint.

I am waiting for 2 3 refresh cycles to run. after which even if it remains, i will raise the request again.
I can spot it on the right top corner. Better raise the complaint now itself and if lg suggest wait for 2-3 cycles u can wait. Cause if issue is from day 1 more chance to get panel replaced. Later they will just say why you didn’t complain at the beginning itself

I can spot it on the right top corner. Better raise the complaint now itself and if lg suggest wait for 2-3 cycles u can wait. Cause if issue is from day 1 more chance to get panel replaced. Later they will just say why you didn’t complain at the beginning itself
3 refresh cycles completed. I can see that the grey tint is slowly fading away. Lets see for a couple of more cycles

I have one question. The tv was on desk till now. Wall mounted it roday using lg's ez mount full motion wall mount. After the installation, the engineer pushed the tv back to the final postion putting complete pressure at the centre of the screen. Is this safe?? Considering the thickness of the panel can it withstand that force??

I have one question. The tv was on desk till now. Wall mounted it roday using lg's ez mount full motion wall mount. After the installation, the engineer pushed the tv back to the final postion putting complete pressure at the centre of the screen. Is this safe?? Considering the thickness of the panel can it withstand that force??
it should be ok as there is a glass in front of the screen & not an lcd panel that can get dents or marks. As long as there is no scratch/crack, you should be fine.

Cheers.

Raised request now. Lets see whether they accept this as an issue or not

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back