OLED SCREEN BURN ( permanent image retention)

BTW , one doubt . event with slight burnin happend in the place of logs , can we still use the TV..?

Yes! It'll be noticeable only in rare occassions when there's a movement and solid color on the screen in that area.

Don't worry. With your 2019 model and usage, you aren't going to get burn-in for 4-5 years, if not 6-7. Just take precautions. Turn subtitles to grey or semi-transparent. Don't use yellow subtitles. If you use DTH everyday, logo luminance on high. That's it.

Just google and try and find out how many people have had burn-in on their C8s. It's incredibly rare. Hardly any reports in the past two years. Once we hit 3-4 years, we'll get more complaints for C8, but still lesser than C7. For C9, you'll have to wait a long long time.

Your usage isn't even high-risk.

Image rentention, which is temporary, is more frequent but nothing to worry. It just fades away within seconds.

For burn-in to occur, you should have really abused your panel or plain unlucky :)

WOW, by looking at the views, comments, it appears that this thread is hottest in this forum. Thank you, members, for your participation. Share your OLED experience and enrich this forum. Cheers :)

* Thanks to moderators, for letting me know about the ignore option, now I am at peace :)*

Samsung's top QLED TVs getting damaged on cleaning with microfiber cloth. So durable! No burn-in. Just smudges. lol

Here's what ThatsNoMoon has to say:

"Still living with my Q80R and it’s blue marks, can’t believe I was stupid enough to go from OLED to this, the black levels are appalling. Hoping to sell it for £300-£400 to someone who wants to put up with it. "

I guess black levels are good for those who don't know what good black levels should be. Ignorance is bliss.

Latest comment:

"Tried to clean a little smudge on my Q80r with only a cloth and my blow and got another little blue stain.
Who knows how this set will be after a year or two with two cats that love water.o_O

I have some ethyl alcohol wipes from smartphone screenprotector box , do you think are safe as isopropyl alcohol wipes? "

I would post this all in another thread to warn forum members, but I don't think anyone else is going to throw money on Q80R when C9 is cheaper. lmao

I would post this all in another thread to warn forum members, but I don't think anyone else is going to throw money on Q80R when C9 is cheaper. lmao
to be honest, I was about to coz might have gotten a good deal on the Sammy one. But not interested now even though 65Q80R is very close to my budget.

to be honest, I was about to coz might have gotten a good deal on the Sammy one. But not interested now even though 65Q80R is very close to my budget.

Damn! Lol

Consider yourself lucky that I found this at the right time. With so much dust being prevalent in India, cleaning dust specks every month is kinda of a must for me. Didn't know about this problem with Samsung line. Just another headache.

Their 2018 models had terrible fluctuations with subtitles. Still not fixed.

BTW , one doubt . event with slight burnin happend in the place of logs , can we still use the TV..?
My wife never saw what was wrong. So was my friends. Unless i turned on the white screen just to check it, its was totally imoossible to see. Mileage varies with amount of burn in. To be honest, my fathers samsung 48 inch led lcd panel has more annoying clouding than whatever i called burn in on my oled. So far he has "not seen" it after 3 years.. I really dont want him to notice it either ;)

My wife never saw what was wrong. So was my friends. Unless i turned on the white screen just to check it, its was totally imoossible to see. Mileage varies with amount of burn in. To be honest, my fathers samsung 48 inch led lcd panel has more annoying clouding than whatever i called burn in on my oled. So far he has "not seen" it after 3 years.. I really dont want him to notice it either ;)

Was it a logo that burnt-in or what?

I have showed my parents lot of things too, such as the gamma shift off-axis on their Iffalcon and clouding that you mentioned too, but they don't care. lol

All they say is that OLED looks great. Why? No care.

View attachment 46923

Black levels that rival OLED!! Woah! This isn't even in a pitch dark room. Light is on.
Was it a logo that burnt-in or what?

I have showed my parents lot of things too, such as the gamma shift off-axis on their Iffalcon and clouding that you mentioned too, but they don't care. lol

All they say is that OLED looks great. Why? No care.

No CinemaScope region was having some decoloration. Was supposed to be theoretically bright, but the opposite happened as in the second picture. It was slightly darker than the rest. No idea how it happened. On the other panel, it was decoloration.. one side was more reddish than other, so any video like a review video with a white background was annoying

No CinemaScope region was having some decoloration. Was supposed to be theoretically bright, but the opposite happened as in the second picture. It was slightly darker than the rest. No idea how it happened. On the other panel, it was decoloration.. one side was more reddish than other, so any video like a review video with a white background was annoying

Might be the compensation cycle acting up, overcompensating after watching cinemascope movies. This overcompensating happened in Rtings' test too. Did they make you run pixel refreshers?

I have read something like this in another post somewhere too. The movies bars showing anomalies.

Anyway, good that LG replaced your panel. I actually expect more complaints from 2017 owners, considering the DTH use here. But maybe the price ensured that people buy only after researching and then avoid logos.

Even then, after the 2017 panel has ran for 9,000-10,000 hours, general degradation in center of the screen can be expected. LG will have to replace a lot of 2016 and 2017 panels.

Wow lot of heated discussion in this thread.here are my 2 cents.

If you are worried about burn-in you should not buy OLED.Because its not the actual burn-in but the fear of burn-in will make your life difficult.whats the point of spending 2lac on a tv and then worry about all the time burn-in.all top tier tvs are good be it Q90 or X950G .You can not go wrong with either.Most people will not find the difference and those who will see blooming are gonna buy OLED anyways.

Also It is the fact burn-in is not covered in warranty.so it does not matter if LG has replaced 1000s panel before,if its not in black and white then they can refuse your claim and this is something that you have to deal with and not the forum members who are saying its a piece of cake.Although chances of burn-in will be rare for at least 5 years specially if you are watching tv for less than 5hrs.But as i mentioned if you are having the thought of burn-in then buy high end FALD

End of day you should by tv depending on your use and on other factors.It totally depends on what are you watching and where you watching.

OLEDs will be useless if you are watching 6+hrs DTH in very bright room at the same time nothing beats OLEDs if you are watching a good science fiction on Netflix in 4K HDR in a dark room.

WOW, by looking at the views, comments, it appears that this thread is hottest in this forum. Thank you, members, for your participation. Share your OLED experience and enrich this forum. Cheers :)

* Thanks to moderators, for letting me know about the ignore option, now I am at peace :)*
No this isn't the hottest topic as it is zero knowledge but just few members arguing like kiddos. If you are proud of what you have started then good for you. Everyone here knows about burn in & oled tvs. I myself have an oled since 3 years+ & know the risks. I have also been gaming on it since then via Xbox. So i see no point you putting other members or oled owners down by mentioning about your ignore option you have used. Enjoy your hatred for oleds & don't make things personal. There is more to life then just a TV ;)

Cheers.

It's just a TV, not an A bomb that you have to warn. Every TV has it's own consumers. Someone who appreciates black level and doesn't care about burnin will go for OLED. On the other hand, someone who loves the bright and vivid picture and don't want to loose their sleep over burin will opt QLED.

Completely agree with both the immediate posts above.
My OLED has clocked 5,000 hours and continues to put up amazing pictures. No cable or DTH for me though. I only feel it lacking in HDR. Dolby Vision is anyway supposed to be watched in a dark room. That’s where I miss QLED level brightness.

Well pple always criticise oled brightness but in my set up I find the c9 to be to bright. SDR I watch with oled light at 35 when room is completely bright and 25 when dark with peak brightness off at both conditions. HDR I wish I can reduce the oled light but right settings seems to be max and only settings I can use to reduce brightness is disable peak brightness.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back